Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
How many times have you fallen off your bike? (Read 293 times)
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Re: How many times have you fallen off your bike?
Reply #15 - 06/20/13 at 13:13:18

Hmm...

Wide open, throttle wire snapped, clutch lever through the chin. Old Knucklehead with a Linkert carb and a hand clutch foot shift conversion using a Shovelhead transmission...

20 mph, steering head bearing seized. Broke the ball off my left shoulder and broke the ball into 4 pieces. That was in 2008 and my arm still doesn't work right, even with screws and a plate in there. VN800B (Classic).

Wet grass, high speed, brakes locked into a pecan tree. Broke the cheap crap plastic stock headlight off the Savage when the tool roll bounced. Bike was less than 4 months old...

Best of the best? I stayed on, launched an old Hodaka grey market big bore off a hill and into a Douglas Fir tree, 25 feet off the ground on the back side of the hill... That has to count for one of my better oopses...

Sad thing, each time listed above I was stone cold sober. Never had so much as a forgot to put the kickstand down when I'd ride 3 sheets to the wind in college.  Huh

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #16 - 06/21/13 at 21:56:42

I was as Serowbot stated, ejected.
Hit from behind and ejected right off
the bike onto pavement and then skidded..
Glad I had my chaps on...Smiley kim

IP Logged
23Skidoo

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

UK
Reply #17 - 06/22/13 at 02:00:55

Is falling off the same as crashing..? I've done both over the years..

This is what happens when a Ford Cortina turns right (Remember us Brits ride on the left) whilst you're over taking it... 9/9/86 17:45 Hours.. some things you never forget.. Suzukis GS125

This is what happens when you forget to put your sidestand down and left foot whilst at a stand still...  Roll Eyes LS650 a couple of years ago..

The only other time was being a complete fool and riding on sheet ice.. all was going well until a BMW decided to pull out of a parking space infront of me.. he obviously has never riden a bike as he would have known I wasn't going to stop... good thing about sliding on ice is you don't get any gravel rash.. Smiley Other than that I'm a perfect model biker.. Wink

Snubby241
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

ESCONDIDO, CA 920029
Reply #18 - 06/22/13 at 17:51:31

Friends SV650N, executing a right turn, came to an abrupt stop and fell over to the right.  Bystanders said "she almost ran over you!", so I'm not sure what happened, maybe got bumped.

Same SV650N, mis-executing a left turn (totaly my noob bad), went too wide, fixated on the curb, almost pulled it out. Bike scrapped the curb, and flipped me off to the right, banged head and shoulder on sidewalk. cracked the helmet and had two rotator cuff surgeries from that one.

BMW F650 - no incidents.

Shadow Aero, U Turn, too slow, flopped over to the left.  NO injuries to self or bike.

My S40, got too cockey in a right turn, bounced up and over the center divide, managed to stay on, but due to the Fred Flintstone stop, sprained knee, bike ok, rode it home.

Most recently, instructors Rebel, trying to do the CA DMV circle, flopped over to the left.

Not wanting this to be a trend, I continue to take lessons.

2013 S40, I don't want a pickle.
  IP Logged
noname
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 07/02/13 at 10:50:57

Used race desert and went down once to many! A 80mph endo left me in traction for 70 days. But also been down at 90+ and got back to the bike before the motor died and finished the race. Cool

IP Logged
gizzo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiCabbage. It's
Savage.

Australia
Reply #20 - 07/03/13 at 01:42:32

Motocross bike, loads of times. Fallen off road bikes, never. Been knocked off road bikes by car drivers, twice.

IP Logged
Steve H
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spartanburg, SC
Reply #21 - 07/03/13 at 07:19:41

It's bad form to 'fall off' your bike.  

That being said, I dropped my Goldwing once in the early '80's in the yard after about 3 days of rain.  Just slid in the mud.

87 LS650, 2005 Ninja 250, 2009 Yamaha C3, 2001 Honda Reflex. On 2 wheels since 6/80.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 18:32:02

General CategoryThe Cafe › How many times have you fallen off your bike?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.