Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
How many times have you fallen off your bike? (Read 293 times)
trini tuner
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Miami, FL
How many times have you fallen off your bike?
06/19/13 at 09:39:19

So how many times have you fallen off your bike while in motion? Is it your first bike and how?

With a little more then 4000 miles experience ive fallen off my bike while in motion at least two times already. One time i locked up the rear wheel and hit a "roundabout" (was at night, distracted and panicked when i saw the roundabout).
One time i came up to a stop and the bike just fell underneath me! it happened so fast but i think its because i didnt have a good grip (handle grip slipping off, thought i had my hand on the bar).
The last time i thought i was in some rnickeymouse film (over confident) and leaned her over too much resulting in a lowside.

Do you guys also experience a certain euphoria when you fall and you know all is good, that you didnt break anything?

IP Logged
apache snow-FSO
Serious Thumper

Re: How many times have you fallen off your bike?
Reply #1 - 06/19/13 at 09:41:56

I've been riding a long time and haven't fallen off my bike yet. Thats not a good thing to do. I would try to avoid it. You are only going to hurt yourself.  Huh

2012 Honda Shadow Spirit

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #2 - 06/19/13 at 09:49:33

I have not yet fallen off my Savage.

I fall off my trials bike religously..........it is the nature of the bike to push your limits to the next level.  That is the only way to get better at it.  The good news is that the dirt is soft and the bike and rider are seldom hurt......you have to learn to fall away from the hard stuff.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #3 - 06/19/13 at 10:05:30

I never "fall" off...
I tend to get ejected,.. or ricochet... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #4 - 06/19/13 at 10:12:37

LOL, I fell off the wifes savage on the way up to the dragon meet! Slow drop on a turn into a parking lot, got a knee burn (gotten worse slidding into base playing softball), hurt myself picking up the bike! go figure!
Tongue

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #5 - 06/19/13 at 10:30:01

none.
yet

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #6 - 06/19/13 at 10:33:45

Never... off.   Huh

WWW   IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #7 - 06/19/13 at 13:39:50

In the early 80's I went down on my dirt bike a handful of times, since riding on the street I've yet to fall off, lay down or dump a bike. But you know what they say "There are two kinds of bikers, those that have been in an accident and those that will".  Huh

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
apache snow-FSO
Serious Thumper

Reply #8 - 06/19/13 at 15:27:11

I have been riding since 1958 without an accident. Time is running out on me to have one. I kinda doubt I will. I rode with reckless abandon in my younger days and many times with alcohol involved. I'm really careful nowdays and ride not to have an accident. Sorry to skew your claim. Huh

Oh yeah, been driving autos since 1960 without an accident as well. Shocked

2012 Honda Shadow Spirit

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #9 - 06/19/13 at 16:23:27

Years ago I got it into my head that you should be able to maintain control of a motorcycle with the front wheel locked up. So I got my wife's little Suzuki  50cc step through on some wet grass, got it up to 15 mph, and locked up the front wheel. I skidded for 20 or 30 feet and fell down. Now this is the really stupid part ( Embarrassed), I thought "You almost had it there, maybe if you are going a little faster" so I got it up yo 50 mph, slid along upright for 50' or so and fell down again, injuring both knees slightly. Pain is a great teacher, and I gave up at that point.
The only time I have been down unintentionally was when I had stopped to turn onto a street with the rear wheel in some oil and the bike slid out from under me. No damage to the bike as I pulled several muscles making sure it settled gently to the ground.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #10 - 06/19/13 at 20:16:37

I've never fallen off a bike(started riding in the late 60s/early 70s). Fallen down, yeah, twice when moving,and quite a few times when I'd pull into a place and forget to drop the stand Embarrassed ......but......I never broke my bottle Wink.

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
MiCTLaN

O_o

Winter Haven, FL
Reply #11 - 06/19/13 at 20:54:16

Once, but not exactly "in motion".  When I was 15 and on my first bike, a Honda CT110, I stopped at a stop sign and stepped into an oil spot.  Fwoop!  Grin

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #12 - 06/20/13 at 01:18:47

How can you fall OFF the bike ?  Huh Yer sittin' on it !!!

Maybe you meant "fell with bike" ?  Roll Eyes

Cheesy

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 06/20/13 at 09:16:40

No. I've fallen "off".

I was on my mom's old TS250 riding through some trails and clipped the front brake on an over hanging branch.
I super manned it.

Then I was riding it through some dirt pits and came up too steep. Being young and plucky I juiced it to get over the sandy hill. The bike dug in and then fell sideways pinning me under the exhaust. I was 15 or 16 at the time but fortunately someone was there to get the bike off me. I have a big ol burn scar on the left inside thigh.

Then there was my best spill of all on the Savage. I barrel rolled that baby. Broke the windshield off, put a hole the size of a nickle in my left arm, road rash all on my right arm.

Then I had a careless where I attempted to execute a U turn with passenger one day in April. I say April because the street sweepers hadn't been out to clear the sand and salt from the New England roads yet. Plop. No injuries.

The one after that I had just done the head plug and a SS braided brake line. I must've run over a little bit of fluid I had spilled on the ground because the second my bike left my driveway and hit asphalt so did I.
Swollen ankle.

Haven't crashed the C50 yet but I've only had it since August. I bought that Savage in 2001.

They say there are two kinds of riders: those who have gone down and those who will.

--Steve

IP Logged
apache snow-FSO
Serious Thumper

Reply #14 - 06/20/13 at 09:24:00

Or those who go down and those who know how to ride. Huh

Clint Eastwood said "A mans got to know his limitations" Cool

2012 Honda Shadow Spirit

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 16:27:52

General CategoryThe Cafe › How many times have you fallen off your bike?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.