Gun Control Is Great! (Read 695 times)
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Gun Control Is Great!
Reply #60 - 07/02/13 at 08:11:46

WD wrote on 07/02/13 at 07:46:45:
Bring your son over, we'll fire up the forge and make one the right way. Hand forged barrel and lock, handmade springs, hand made stock. I think I have enough scrap brass to sand cast a butt cap and trigger guard... .44 caliber work for you, only spare round ball shot I have right now.

Or, we can cheat, use tubing and the drill press to make a couple single shot cartridge types. Again, not difficult, takes about 20 minutes to fab a throw down. Costs about $10 in materials.

20 min and you have the know how and the equipment not to mention the willingness to do it. The common criminal does not. Gun control in NYC effectively hands the power of the second amendment to the criminal who has "associates" in SC and takes it away from the sap who has to apply and wait for a gun not to mention pay a lot more. I say screw that, impose that law nation wide, so the criminal + associate in SC is useless. That would leave the advantage in the hands of the law abiding, and the ones who can make it.

99% of criminal guns are not made, they are bought very legally in SC or other loose states, and driven to NYC or chicago and traded to their criminal associates.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #61 - 07/03/13 at 12:29:14

Michael,

I'm sure you've heard the old saying before: "When seconds count, the police are only minutes away."

This couldn't be more true than in the case of Sarah McKinley, a young Oklahoma mother who recently defended herself and her infant child from two intruders who broke into her home.

Ms. McKinley didn't fight off these violent thugs with a knife or a broom, she used a good old fashioned shotgun.

You might have something similar in your home right now.

I know I do.

I have a strong-held belief that you have a God-given right to defend yourself, your property and your family -- and you shouldn't have to ask the government for permission to do so.

The Second Amendment is just that simple. You and I have "the right to keep and bear arms" -- period, end of story.

I'm not sure how familiar you are with the National Association for Gun Rights (NAGR).  If you are not, let me introduce myself and the organization I spend every day of my life leading . . .

My name is Dudley Brown and I am the Executive Vice President of NAGR.  I have fought for the Second Amendment rights of individuals like Sarah McKinley for more than 20 years.

During that time, a few passionate defenders of our Second Amendment rights and myself joined together to form the National Association for Gun Rights.

As I type this, NAGR counts nearly 3 million members and supporters, forming the fastest-growing and most effective gun rights organization in the country.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #62 - 07/03/13 at 14:26:46

Yup, we need to regurgitate 18 month old news over and over again to make the case for gun ownership I guess ...

January 4, 2012 3:53 PM PrintText
Okla. teen mom asks 911 for permission, fatally shoots intruder on New Year's eve

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57352344-504083/okla-teen-mom-asks-911...

I have seen this same thing on this site earlier - and it was more complete then.
Of course It wasn't being milked by NRA Lite then ... so I guess it should be milked ad nauseum ...

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #63 - 07/03/13 at 21:10:31

srinath wrote on 07/02/13 at 08:11:46:
Bring your son over, we'll fire up the forge and make one the right way. Hand forged barrel and lock, handmade springs, hand made stock. I think I have enough scrap brass to sand cast a butt cap and trigger guard... .44 caliber work for you, only spare round ball shot I have right now.

Or, we can cheat, use tubing and the drill press to make a couple single shot cartridge types. Again, not difficult, takes about 20 minutes to fab a throw down. Costs about $10 in materials.

20 min and you have the know how and the equipment not to mention the willingness to do it. The common criminal does not. Gun control in NYC effectively hands the power of the second amendment to the criminal who has "associates" in SC and takes it away from the sap who has to apply and wait for a gun not to mention pay a lot more. I say screw that, impose that law nation wide, so the criminal + associate in SC is useless. That would leave the advantage in the hands of the law abiding, and the ones who can make it.

99% of criminal guns are not made, they are bought very legally in SC or other loose states, and driven to NYC or chicago and traded to their criminal associates.

Cool.
Srinath.

20 min and you have the know how and the equipment not to mention the willingness to do it. The common criminal does not.

amazing how you know the minds of others so well.. you DO realize that
only one or 2 need to know how,, equipment can be bought, people can learn.

or, maybe you think everyone who makes drugs was born with the equipment & knowledge?
youre very arrogant in your pronouncements of who lies & who can do what. your world view is a mess,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #64 - 07/04/13 at 06:22:09

Read a few books, was issued a US Army Improvised Weapons and Munitions field book in ROTC, got bored in college and while on active duty, late wife's father was an armorer in the Vietnam War... previous wife, I'm still married to the current one, have been since 2/97, so nobody freak out...

Even The Backwoodsman Magazine has articles on how to make your own, cheap and effective.  Grin

My favorite local gun store just went Class 3 last week, I almost feel sorry for the next hood rat that tries to pull a fast one in there... there is a loaded WW2 Wermacht issue sub-machinegun at the secretary's desk and a nice "little" belt fed .308 in the backroom. Hope he gets his range built soon, I haven't fired a belt fed since 1995...

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #65 - 07/04/13 at 10:10:26

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/03/13 at 21:10:31:
srinath wrote on 07/02/13 at 08:11:46:

Cool.
Srinath.

20 min and you have the know how and the equipment not to mention the willingness to do it. The common criminal does not.

amazing how you know the minds of others so well.. you DO realize that
only one or 2 need to know how,, equipment can be bought, people can learn.

or, maybe you think everyone who makes drugs was born with the equipment & knowledge?
youre very arrogant in your pronouncements of who lies & who can do what. your world view is a mess,,

Laws are made for the way people act now JOG.
If we start seeing crimes committed by home made guns - we will have to enact laws - or reverse existing ones to counter that.

As it stands now, criminals in NYC can buy guns from the trunk of a car bought in SC by their "associates". Law abiding people have to wait for months and go through 1000 checks and pay 10X. That hands the power to the criminal. To even it back out, we have to stop the SC -> criminal supply line.
Let them make guns - we can work on what can counter that if and when it happens.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #66 - 07/04/13 at 10:31:18

those "laws" conflict with the Big C  and nature. primitive man had enough sense to strap a rock on a stick. its NATURAL to not want to be vulnerable. making laws that make people vulnerable? thats stupid.
we've seen the stats. an armed society has less crime, get over it.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #67 - 07/04/13 at 12:12:50

Its estimated guns prevented 100,000 attacks and attempted murders last year.I know I'm gonna catch hell for all the people they did murder. The lock on my door is for the crinimals safety because if he breaks into my home I'll cut him in half with my 12 gauge magnum shotgun. Its proven gun laws don't work, Conn proved that. This country is getting worse and riddled with crime. I believe more people would be alive if the gun laws were relaxed except for the background checks.

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #68 - 07/04/13 at 16:46:08

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #69 - 07/04/13 at 19:40:47

Midnightrider wrote on 07/04/13 at 12:12:50:
I believe more people would be alive if the gun laws were relaxed except for the background checks.

Really ... and you think You should have lets say NY with all those pesky background checks ... while SC will sell guns to anyone no questions asked ?

Better yet, how do you propose to prevent guns from getting into the hands of a criminal who is a first time criminal ...

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #70 - 07/04/13 at 22:58:22

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/04/13 at 10:31:18:
those "laws" conflict with the Big C  and nature. primitive man had enough sense to strap a rock on a stick. its NATURAL to not want to be vulnerable. making laws that make people vulnerable? thats stupid.
we've seen the stats. an armed society has less crime, get over it.

We have the stats ... and what we now have is a society where criminals have guns @ many times the rate of non criminals it looks like. That society has lots of crime ...

Midnightrider wrote on 07/04/13 at 12:12:50:
Its estimated guns prevented 100,000 attacks and attempted murders last year.I know I'm gonna catch hell for all the people they did murder. The lock on my door is for the crinimals safety because if he breaks into my home I'll cut him in half with my 12 gauge magnum shotgun. Its proven gun laws don't work, Conn proved that. This country is getting worse and riddled with crime. I believe more people would be alive if the gun laws were relaxed except for the background checks.

Yup 100,000 attacks were stopped per year. That's why the NGRA is milking a 18 month old incident. The other 149,999 incidents that should have occoured in the 18 months since this were I guess "untraceable" ...

Of course gun laws dont work ... cos there is no such thing as a gun law when its WFO in one spot and sewn up tight in another spot. Connecticut proved that.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #71 - 07/04/13 at 23:00:40

i think sc is starting the nics program,

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #72 - 07/04/13 at 23:14:30

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/04/13 at 23:00:40:
i think sc is starting the nics program,

English please.

AFAIK, SC is handing out weapons to criminals as well as the criminally insane. Someone bought a gun a few days after declaring they were not guilty due to insanity -

OK this is the news from usatoday -

The legislation was inspired by a recent case in South Carolina, where a woman who pleaded guilty by reason of insanity to threatening to kill the president was able to pass a background check and buy a pistol eight years later. She tried unsuccessfully to shoot people at a private school in Charleston last month.

Link - http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2013/03/06/graham-bill-gun-purcha...

Shining example of a second amendment friendly state. And less than 20 min away from me I might add. I could easily start a gun running operation ... get me a piece of that pie. Heck, I already have a Truck with a camper shell, and all I have to do is to give up on some morals ... easy.

Seriously, anytime you hand a gun to a criminal, you might as well be disarming a non criminal, cos criminals already have the upper hand, they pick their victim and have the element of surprise and are well prepared. Massive advantage if you ask me, gun is secondary.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #73 - 07/04/13 at 23:17:11

google nics, im 1 handed

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #74 - 07/04/13 at 23:24:54

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/04/13 at 23:17:11:
google nics, im 1 handed

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/nics

Oooo ... OK SC - no freaking way. I'll believe it when I see it.

And if so, there is only about 5-6 more states, TX, montana, KY, GA ...

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/26/24 at 07:25:45

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Gun Control Is Great!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.