Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Abolish the Federal Reserve!!!!!!! (Read 120 times)
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Abolish the Federal Reserve!!!!!!!
06/17/13 at 11:43:17

The Federal Reserve and the Treasury are partners in a scam that funnels freshly-created money ($40 billion per month) from the Fed into the Treasury, using Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae as the pipeline. [Fannie and Freddie get the illusion of profits, the Federal Reserve gets the mortgage assets (many of which are in junk status), the government gets easy money to spend, and citizens pay the whole bill through inflation.] MorphCity 2013 Jun 14 (Cached)

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Abolish the Federal Reserve!!!!!!!
Reply #1 - 06/17/13 at 12:18:51

All I can say is -
If you think inflation is bad ... try deflation.
Inflation of over 10% can be bad. Can be ... it really has to be closer to 20% to be definitely bad.

Deflation of .1% = death.

Whatever you got today ... is cheaper tomorow ... Now lets see what happens in the real world.

It sounds awful when you only post 1 side ...

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #2 - 06/17/13 at 12:26:32

The Federal Reserve has gotten out of hand printing money behind our backs and even passing it out to terrorist backed banks overseas. The government should be responsible for printing our money. The money needs to be backed by pecious metal and you want have to worry about inflation or deflation.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #3 - 06/17/13 at 12:31:21

You know what makes a diamond valuable ?

Simple question, - you cant eat it, you really cant use it as an industrial raw material - well you can, but those are ugly diamonds that are worth a lot less than the pretty tear drop shaped ones on angelina jolie's ear ...

So what makes a diamond valuable ...

Because we have all agreed that it is.
Same with USD.

Drug smugglers in latin america, and gun runners in cambodia want to be paid in USD ...

we can print it as much as we like. In fact we should print some really really really big bills and hand it over to the chinese ...

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #4 - 06/17/13 at 12:40:48

The Chineese and Russia are threatening to quit taking the US Dollar. China already owns 50% of it anyway.

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #5 - 06/17/13 at 12:45:59

I had to give my wife a diamond before we got married because its traditional. To me a diamond isn't worth anything except industrial diamonds used for cutting. The way the miners are treated and all the corrupt blackmarket activity that goes along with diamonds that's one tradition we need to break.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #6 - 06/18/13 at 07:05:40

Midnightrider wrote on 06/17/13 at 12:45:59:
I had to give my wife a diamond before we got married because its traditional. To me a diamond isn't worth anything except industrial diamonds used for cutting. The way the miners are treated and all the corrupt blackmarket activity that goes along with diamonds that's one tradition we need to break.

Yea diamonds, gold, coffee, choclate, corn, wheat ... yea all of those ... they all fund dangerous and corrupt not to mention very very wealthy corporations, and dictators etc ...

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #7 - 06/18/13 at 07:53:35

srinath wrote on 06/17/13 at 12:31:21:

Simple question, - you cant eat it, you really cant use it as an industrial raw material - well you can, but those are ugly diamonds that are worth a lot less than the pretty tear drop shaped ones on angelina jolie's ear ...

Same with USD.

Drug smugglers in latin america, and gun runners in cambodia want to be paid in USD ...

we can print it as much as we like. In fact we should print some really really really big bills and hand it over to the chinese ...

Cool.
Srinath.

Sri your wrong..... very very wrong.. I and I think you know it. Please correct.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #8 - 06/18/13 at 08:05:29

Hell no. Not even close.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #9 - 06/18/13 at 11:05:56

Same with USD.

Cool.
Srinath.

its rarity and resistance to the elements which make it a good "store of wealth". Which is but one factor in a commodity being used as currency.

Fiat money is not a commodity... no one would compare a diamond to money as a currency other than as stated above. Gold and silver, also commodities, also satisfy as a store of wealth but are also divisible (will retain the same value separate as whole for each of the part, a diamond does not).

To print up money that has no productivity tied to it.. is stealing from those that have money that does have productivity tied to it as it all enters the same economy. Printing up money to give to drug smugglers steals the wealth from retirees that earns and saved, and now hope to live on the store of wealth they accumulated.

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #10 - 06/18/13 at 11:11:39

srinath wrote on 06/17/13 at 12:18:51:
All I can say is -
Inflation of over 10% can be bad. Can be ... it really has to be closer to 20% to be definitely bad.

Whatever you got today ... is cheaper tomorow ... Now lets see what happens in the real world.

Cool.
Srinath.

I disagree completely.

inflation is bad... its always bad... and inflation of 10% is bad.
Inflation of 20% is horrible, or at least inflation of 18% is.. I lived through that.
deflation is bad... but no worse than inflation. They are two sides of the same function - money that no longer reflects recent nominal value. One can't/shouldn't be "worse" than the other. But if I had to choose I think I would choose deflation.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #11 - 06/18/13 at 11:41:28

Banks have always played games on the economy. They created ups & downs in the economy even prior to the fed. Of course, they did it for a reason, because they wanted the central bank. If people want to actualy understand the economy & understand how things were prior to the fed & dureing some times when the banks hadnt colluded to screw the people they need to read Creature from Jekyll Island. After thet, Pieces of Eight.
Weve been taught that inflation is natural & desirable, & how horrible deflation would be..
Told of the horror of Libertarianism, told of the horror of real money instead of fiat currency,, Has it not yet become clear that the things most demonized by the media are things people really have no understanding of EXCEPT what that same media has told them,,

& How many people have been demonized in the media, then bombed?
How many times has it come out later that we went to war on lies?

WHY do people continue to believe anything theyre told ?

GO READ something that conflicts with what youve been taught & SEE if it doesnt make more sense than what we have been told.

I get so tired of seeing these arguments about money & economy between people who havent a clue.,

Understand Problem/REaction/solution

There ARE enough of the monied people to create economic & societal problems which WILL create a predictable REaction by the People
& thyeyre just sittting there Waiting with
The Solution,,which is what they wanted to do in the first place.
The banks set up the situations economically to make the People
happy to have the Fed, because the feds "Job" was to keep things stable.

HA!! Look how they failed in that,, YET,, they have been allowed to continue to exist.,

WE need $$$
T-Bills are printed
Sold @ auction
$$$ is printed & put into circulation
You & I now owe the Fed interest on all that $$$

Not a perfect rundown,but close,

Spend some time here, you cant know less about $$$ afterwards,,

http://www.activistpost.com/2011/08/g-edward-griffin-mandrake-mechanism-and.html

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #12 - 06/18/13 at 11:57:24

Pine wrote on 06/18/13 at 11:11:39:
srinath wrote on 06/17/13 at 12:18:51:
All I can say is -

Cool.
Srinath.

I disagree completely.

inflation is bad... its always bad... and inflation of 10% is bad.
Inflation of 20% is horrible, or at least inflation of 18% is.. I lived through that.
deflation is bad... but no worse than inflation. They are two sides of the same function - money that no longer reflects recent nominal value. One can't/shouldn't be "worse" than the other. But if I had to choose I think I would choose deflation.

OK lets start picking nits -

Inflation of 10% is bad you said.
You have lived through inflation of 18% you said -

Let me ask you then ... Have you lived through deflation of 18% ?

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #13 - 06/18/13 at 12:08:16

Pine wrote on 06/18/13 at 11:05:56:

Same with USD.

Cool.
Srinath.

its rarity and resistance to the elements which make it a good "store of wealth". Which is but one factor in a commodity being used as currency.

Fiat money is not a commodity... no one would compare a diamond to money as a currency other than as stated above. Gold and silver, also commodities, also satisfy as a store of wealth but are also divisible (will retain the same value separate as whole for each of the part, a diamond does not).

To print up money that has no productivity tied to it.. is stealing from those that have money that does have productivity tied to it as it all enters the same economy. Printing up money to give to drug smugglers steals the wealth from retirees that earns and saved, and now hope to live on the store of wealth they accumulated.  

Again - picking nits -
OK You have dollar bills in 1 hand and gold (or diamonds if you prefer) of equal value in the other. You will spend them to buy food right now (cos as far as I know you cant eat either)
@ what point will the gold be better - and you are not "YOU" you are the common man in the rest of the country. And why ?
No, you cant say I'll hide it, and a year later the gold will be worth more. That means you starve to death in the year to come.

Gold or diamonds have no intrinsic value - much the same as $$$, beans have intrinsic value, the rest do not.

There is 1 situation where the gold will be more valuable than the dollar bills of the same value.

Where the end of the US is here but not the end of the world.

That is the only situation where gold beats the US$ in terms of what you can do with it now. @ the end of the world no one is going to trade their beans for the dollar or gold.
@ the end of the US, the dollar will be worthless, and gold will not.
If the US economy improves WRT the rest of the world gold will dimnish in value versus the US$. If the US economy gets worse WRT the rest of the world, gold will advance WRT the US$.

There is a very very thin window of advantage for gold and an almost as thin window of disadvantage.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #14 - 06/19/13 at 10:51:17

srinath wrote on 06/18/13 at 12:08:16:
Pine wrote on 06/18/13 at 11:05:56:

Same with USD.

Cool.
Srinath.

Again - picking nits -
OK You have dollar bills in 1 hand and gold (or diamonds if you prefer) of equal value in the other. You will spend them to buy food right now (cos as far as I know you cant eat either)
@ what point will the gold be better - and you are not "YOU" you are the common man in the rest of the country. And why ?
No, you cant say I'll hide it, and a year later the gold will be worth more. That means you starve to death in the year to come.

Gold or diamonds have no intrinsic value - much the same as $$$, beans have intrinsic value, the rest do not.

There is 1 situation where the gold will be more valuable than the dollar bills of the same value.

That is the only situation where gold beats the US$ in terms of what you can do with it now. @ the end of the world no one is going to trade their beans for the dollar or gold.
@ the end of the US, the dollar will be worthless, and gold will not.
If the US economy improves WRT the rest of the world gold will dimnish in value versus the US$. If the US economy gets worse WRT the rest of the world, gold will advance WRT the US$.

There is a very very thin window of advantage for gold and an almost as thin window of disadvantage.

Cool.
Srinath.

While I see and understand your position, again I do disagree.

The US does not have to "end", the only condition that must be met is for faith in the dollar to exceed its perceived value.
BUT, lets back up.. why would you say I cant hide the gold.. and why would you assume that its value would rise? I DO agree that the value of the gold would mostly likely rise. But why would you not say tat I could hide the dollar away? Because, its a given the value of the dollar would decrease.
Why can we agree that the value of a commodity (like gold) likely increase as the value of the dollar decrease? Because that has been the norm since 1971.
And what is the major contributing factor tot he decrease in value of the dollar versus all commodities ( including gold) ... The excess printing of money in lieu of taxes such that all holders of money lose purchasing power .. ie they lose the store of wealth that was stolen by the printing of money.
So??? and gold is the same ( per your statement above). No, while money can be printed .. gold cannot be... Its REAL scarcity is the protection from a government that would steal from its people as a hidden tax.

To be sure the value of gold is not intrinsic... but the properties of gold manifest themselves much better than paper.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/04/24 at 05:36:03

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Abolish the Federal Reserve!!!!!!!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.