Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Oil Light Indicator (Read 79 times)
Dodgeman
YaBB Newbies

Wallaceburg Ontario, Canada
Oil Light Indicator
06/17/13 at 09:44:50

I've searched on this forum for the small problem on my wife's S-40, but couldn't find anything relative.  We noticed when she turns the switch to on, the oil light and neutral light should be on.  But the oil light don't show.  It could be the bulb that burned out.  How hard is it to get to, without taken a lot of stuff off???  Thanks in advance!! Smiley

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: Oil Light Indicator
Reply #1 - 06/17/13 at 09:54:23

We don't have an oil light ......   that extra bulb position has been empty for like 20 years now.   Some folks have rigged an oil pressure sensor, but we don't have enough idle oil pressure to light it up repeat-ably.

If you are worried about oil level, see

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1358048782/11#11

If you are worried about oil pressure, run your idle speed up at 1,000 rpm (a fast even idle) which will keep your oil pressure up at 4-6 psi all the time.   This is good for your cam bearing journals, which need oil pressure to live a nice full life.

DO NOT DO A LUMPY SOUNDING SLOW "harley style" idle -- you own a jap bike, not a harley.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dodgeman
YaBB Newbies

Wallaceburg Ontario, Canada
Re: Oil Light Indicator
Reply #2 - 06/17/13 at 09:58:30

Duh!!  That was easy!!  Thanks for taking the time to reply to my posting.  I just assumed that there would be one.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 10:24:46

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Oil Light Indicator

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.