Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
throttle cable adjustment ??? (Read 59 times)
JPSBOBBER
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Quebec, Canada
throttle cable adjustment ???
06/16/13 at 16:23:40

Hi all, my throttle cable has a loos on it, i can turn the handle a bit without the throttle valve opening, is there any way i can adjust it ??h

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Re: throttle cable adjustment ???
Reply #1 - 06/16/13 at 17:58:40

JPSBOBBER wrote on 06/16/13 at 16:23:40:
Hi all, my throttle cable has a loos on it, i can turn the handle a bit without the throttle valve opening, is there any way i can adjust it ??h

How loose is it? You need a little slack - just enough so the the cable won't open the throttle when you turn the bars all the way to one side or the other.

If You have an owners manual the adjusting instructions are on page 49.

Look at where the cable comes out of the housing on the handelbar. Just past where it bends 90 degrees coming out of the housing is a nut. Loosen it. The long metal piece with the flats on it next to the nut is the adjuster. Turn it out until you can rotate the grip just a bit -maybe an eighth of an inch or so - before it starts to pull the cable. Then run the locknut up against the adjuster and tighten it.

Start the bike and let it idle. Turn the bars all the way from one side to the other and make sure the engine doesn't speed up. If it does loosen the cable a bit. If the idle stays the same you're all set.

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Re: throttle cable adjustment ???
Reply #2 - 06/16/13 at 18:09:13

oldNslow wrote on 06/16/13 at 17:58:40:
JPSBOBBER wrote on 06/16/13 at 16:23:40:

How loose is it? You need a little slack - just enough so the the cable won't open the throttle when you turn the bars all the way to one side or the other.

If You have an owners manual the adjusting instructions are on page 49.

Look at where the cable comes out of the housing on the handelbar. Just past where it bends 90 degrees coming out of the housing is a nut. Loosen it. The long metal piece with the flats on it next to the nut is the adjuster. Turn it out until you can rotate the grip just a bit -maybe an eighth of an inch or so - before it starts to pull the cable. Then run the locknut up against the adjuster and tighten it.

Start the bike and let it idle. Turn the bars all the way from one side to the other and make sure the engine doesn't speed up. If it does loosen the cable a bit. If the idle stays the same you're all set.

There might be a rubber cover over the locknut and adjuster that you have to slide out of the way.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 02:27:55

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › throttle cable adjustment ???

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.