Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Would like info/opinions on Savage as first bike! (Read 378 times)
Jack_650

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Minnesota
Re: Would like info/opinions on Savage as first bi
Reply #30 - 06/16/13 at 18:52:39

Yeah. Hot shower. Good one.

Take the Ibuprofin before the long ride and again during. Get off and do some walking and stretching once in a while. Get a gel pad and swap it out from time to time during the ride. I've found that sitting on one cheek for a few minutes and then back to full bottom helps. Alternate solo cheeks as needed. It's the only true way to get "buns of steel" and ya'll know it.

Jack

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Would like info/opinions on Savage as first bi
Reply #31 - 06/17/13 at 08:04:25

As Serowbot and others have mentioned....this bike is torguey.  If you are not yet coordinated at the clutch/throttle/front brake thingies......it can become a real handful real fast.  The Savage is a wonderful bike to own......once  you have mastered the use of the various controls.  Some have posted that they learned on the Savage by riding very carefully around a parking lot, then around the block, then finally out in traffic.....but do go slowly and get very coordinated before trying the higher gears and higher speeds.  When looking for used Savage parts on ebay it is scary to see how many of them have become parts bikes after running into things.......lots of bent forks and smashed front wheels from running head first into big stuff.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 08:23:54

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Would like info/opinions on Savage as first bike!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.