Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Pines weekend ...
06/10/13 at 07:47:53

Actually started Thursday:

My buddy is having neighborhood "issues" so I took the afternoon off to help him out. Part of it was drive his butt out (in my truck) to his property so he could grab a different car. On the way we witnessed a wreck.

A "jacked-up" Jeep wrangler took a curve waaay to fast and he lost control. Nearly hitting me, but he corrected for that.. then over corrected and slammed into a phone pole and settled into a grassy ditch. It was raining slightly, which made for slick roads. I watched the entire thing in my rear view mirror. I turned around and we went to offer assistance. Out crawls a middle-aged guy (30's?), his 7-10 son (front pass) and another similar aged boy (rear pass). The guy gets out and kinda offers to help his son out.. but mostly just telling his son he is alright .. just scared.  The son is limping to the ditch (without much help form the dad). I help the other boy out and get him set up on my tailgate. The father then goes to inspect the jeep so I help his son to my truck tailgate.  Other than look at me the father has not said anything to me. The cops come, the fire dept come, the ambulance comes, the ex-wife comes (we assume .. no love for the father) .. The paramedics use my truck for triage and finally moves the boys to the ambulance. I ask the cops if I can go, and finally move out. By this time it is pouring rain. Hey not looking the purple heart. And really wish I felt I could do more. But a thanks for stopping or kiss my cheeks or something....nada... no good deed goes un-punished right?

Oh well, we get to the property and its flooding. I drive over to the corner gas station and I have to buy the beer cause buddy left his money. Back to the property, drink and wait for the storm to pass (Summer thunderboomer, short lived downpours). Then the car wont start... so we use my jumper cables to get it going... with my shoes getting soaked in the process.  I only drank the one beer (ya I don't win chugging contests).. and give him the pack to carry home (he only drank 1 too.. what can I say we aint stupid to drink and drive).

Saturday, I get my honey-do list done and everyone is asleep.. I get bored and hop on the bike for a ride to Vicksburg (25 miles away). As soon as I drop by the ATM for cash .. buddy calls.. "last one to the mex restaurant buys after 5pm" ... so back into town, but its only 2:30.
Swing by the Suzuki dealer .. closed.. no idea if its just closed that day or what.. but they have a string of new Ninjas in the window, hopefully they will be spared in any cuts.
I swing by my fav mex place for a 'rita... a Margarita Patron... love them... but dern the price went up to $15. Waitress remembers me, the drink is good, but the service is lacking as she has to cover a large area. Its 3:30. I ride around the block to the massage palor... no NOT the "happy ending kind" the take some Tylenol kind cause the knots will be gone.. but they will be replaced with bruises kind. My normal gal is there, but I end up with another. Sadly, she is all "light touch" ... really.. cant even buy a good back rub. She does offer the extra "front rub"... bah, really? There goes the only good place I know.

Back to the mex place, buddy is there already.. and we get one of those fancy beer things, Ice in tall thing with a spigot.. about 2.5 beers each for $7.. not bad! Avacado dip *2 and chips.. not really hungry. Good talk, and skirts to watch leaving. Funny how getting older works. Yeah a 40yo gal can turn my head when she is hot.. versus any age gal (20 something) toting her two screaming rug-rats... glad that's over for me!

Buddy has work in the morn.. and chat is done. So back on the bike and off to points unknown... The Dodge dealership is on the way. Stop and look at what they got.. not buying .. just drooling on young pretty things(challengers). Decide... its not late enough... so I stop by the local strip club.. for ... coffee. Yes, I am the only guy in world that drinks coffee at the strip club. Guy out front (door man) rides and we talk bikes usually for 30 going in and 30 - 40 coming out.. not much he can do standing around to open doors.  The place is near empty (good), and they are playing most country... not my fav,, but it beats the heck out of hip-hop or what ever. Two of the waitresses know me pretty well, I don't even have order... my coffee just comes(black, 2 sugars and its fresh). The girls do their jobs begging dances... or sit and chat. I mostly watch them work... Talk about politics; the girls work the guys.. the guys thinks they are smart... hah. The girls get so catty with each other, the drama beats any reality TV show (which I cant stand). Finally, its dark thirty.. the BEST time has arrived! That short period of time when the sun is gone, but air is still warm, but with cold pockets forming in the dells along the road. I hop on the bike and head for the interstate.. its really the only time I do like to ride the interstate. While putting on the helmet its like some unreal world. Nicole (dancer)is out there smoking a cig (with the door man) her outfit is country western with a longsleeve white button shirt only tied at the waist, cowboy hat, boots, and daisy dukes... but of course the shirt is completely unbuttoned. Doorman makes her reach for the light... haha. Old men have all the fun.
The ride home is just as always, the very best event of the whole day. The coffee is working, the thumper is buzzing, and each low spot the temp drops by several degrees causing the hairs on my upper body to stand on end. Topless girls have nothing on this. Sometimes I slow down ... just so I can WOT back up and pass some sad cager.  It all ends much too soon.  I wish the bar was 50 miles away.. so the ride would be longer.

edit: cleaned up some typos

« Last Edit: 06/10/13 at 10:04:05 by Pine »  
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Pines weekend ...
Reply #1 - 06/10/13 at 08:42:22

I gotta' get out more... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 06/10/13 at 09:15:53

Mr jeep was obviously having a bad day.
Your karma points were spent keeping you safe.
Good thing you stocked them back up by turning around and helping out.

WWW   IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #3 - 06/10/13 at 10:04:13

Don't be too hard on the guy for not thanking you for your help. He was probably a in a bit of shock, and people in shock don't think straight. Shocked
Ask any paramedic.
A retarded young man ran out in front of my Land Cruiser once, and I hit him hard enough to ruin the front grill and dent the hood. I was totally useless, and couldn't stop shaking.  His caregiver called the police and ambulance. He didn't have any broken bones, (I bet he had some nasty bruises though), and I wasn't charged with anything. The paramedic checked me over, told me to sit in my truck until I stopped shaking, and then drive directly home.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #4 - 06/10/13 at 10:08:49

Sounds like the planets were not aligned well lately and a few people won the distinction of getting the short straw.

Yesterday I was at a benefit car show and they had a bunch of really fancy cars there.  They were lining up the class winners for the awards ceremony.....and I heard a bit of tire squeeling.....and people started to all walk in that direction.  A Maserati owner lining up for the awards screwed up and ran into the back of a McLaren.......looked to be a $ 20,000 fender bender to me.  Immediately before the impact they were immaculate class winners....then Ooops!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #5 - 06/10/13 at 11:05:33

well we know who won the donkey award!   Shocked

WWW   IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #6 - 06/11/13 at 18:56:59

Serowbot wrote on 06/10/13 at 08:42:22:
I gotta' get out more... Huh...

Me too Sad

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 16:15:21

General CategoryThe Cafe › Pines weekend ...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.