Send Topic Print
Speedometer error? (Read 57 times)
Freds_Savage
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Speedometer error?
06/09/13 at 06:00:20

I have recently acquired an 09 Savage, 1400 mi, all stock except for a front seat riser and now a bicycle computer.  In calibrating the computer I find that the bike speedometer indication is about 7.5 % high and the odometer is about 2% low.  I have since checked and verified this with a GPS.  As an example, an indicated 70 MPH it is actually about 65 MPH.  Is this normal for a Savage?  Otherwise I really like the bike and enjoy reading all the good information available here.

IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Re: Speedometer error?
Reply #1 - 06/09/13 at 06:07:14

Freds_Savage wrote on 06/09/13 at 06:00:20:
I have recently acquired an 09 Savage, 1400 mi, all stock except for a front seat riser and now a bicycle computer.  In calibrating the computer I find that the bike speedometer indication is about 7.5 % high and the odometer is about 2% low.  I have since checked and verified this with a GPS.  As an example, an indicated 70 MPH it is actually about 65 MPH.  Is this normal for a Savage?  Otherwise I really like the bike and enjoy reading all the good information available here.

Your findings are right on the mark Fred! Change the rear tire to a 140/90 and it brings the speedo to the proper reading.

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
Charon
Serious Thumper

Harvard, NE
Re: Speedometer error?
Reply #2 - 06/09/13 at 06:28:12

Funny - my stock '07 S40 was as near perfect on both speedometer and odometer as I have ever seen on a vehicle. Speed was within one MPH at 60; odometer error no more than 1% with the OEM tire. Since I replaced the IRC tire with a Metzler 880 in the same marked size I have not taken the opportunity to check it.

Eschew obfuscation.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/20/24 at 10:28:08

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Speedometer error?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.