Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: the bike you want.
Reply #15 - 06/09/13 at 21:19:04

Cloudy

That is one perty bike !  Shocked Shocked Shocked

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Cloudy

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Gordonton, New Zealand
Reply #16 - 06/09/13 at 21:26:10

MMRanch wrote on 06/09/13 at 21:19:04:
Cloudy

That is one perty bike !  Shocked Shocked Shocked

Thankyou. I love it. Reacon its the best bike I've ever owned. Some have been faster, some handled better, but this just seems to really make me happy when i ride.

My wife says pretty much the same thing about her S40!

Wife- 06 Suzuki S40
Me-05 Speedmaster, Short Slashcut TORs, Thunderbike A,I,R Kit, K&N Air Filter,Snorkel Removed, Dynojet Stage 1 Kit(126 main), NGK Iridium Plugs, Bar End Mirrors, Fenda Extenda
  IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #17 - 06/10/13 at 01:34:07

Am loving both the Sportster and the Speedmaster in the pics! Great Bikes guys!

Any Bike?? Well, it'd prolly be a Guzzi V7 Stone for me ... though a Yamahog Bolt (sat on one this past Sat.; fabulous!!), 883 Iron, Shadow RS or a W650 would also be on my list ... I ain't picky and would gladly take either!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
wambr
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Russia, Samara
Reply #18 - 06/10/13 at 01:50:13

WD wrote on 06/09/13 at 15:44:35:
No, every rider needs SEVEN bikes, minimum, one for every day of the week so you don't get bored riding the same one day after day.  Wink My personal best was 15 at one time, not counting dirt bikes or street 2 strokes (which don't count because the only thing I hate more than chrome is 2 stroke engines).

here here, I agree 100%! but in reality everything is much more complicated... man is capable of endlessly jealous. and this envy-the engine of progress... if someone want something, someone else do it...
well, this is just a long conversation...

Yeah, it's not bigtwin, but it is the best half of it
  IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #19 - 06/10/13 at 09:15:43

Before getting my first road bike (and only road bike so far) my current S40, I was dead set on wanting a Road King Classic similar to this one...

I figured I would keep my little S40 for a few years then upgrade to what I really wanted. BUT, after having this bike since 2009, I REALLY like this bike and even when I do go to get a new bike, I don't plan on getting rid of this one. I think I will reincarnate it in a different style once I get a different bike  Cool

EDIT:
In hindsight...my current bike has taken on a kind of mini-Road Kingesque appearance  Grin

« Last Edit: 06/10/13 at 13:42:13 by EJID »  

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
groupus

Maintenance is as
much art as it is
science.

PA
Reply #20 - 06/10/13 at 12:25:23

I have never been turned on by harleys, new or old, unless they have been chopped up. not long choppers and no factory chrome, but brats, bobbers, and short chops are the bees knees. If i was given one to butcher, i could make something I could love.

there is no new production bike i have really been pining after, except maybe the Honda CB 1100, and even it would need to go on a diet.

Now, give me an old BMW R75... *swoon*  Roll Eyes
I have a cafe style Honda GL1000 that a lot of people mistake for an old airhead.

EDIT: Triumph, I would buy a new Triumph.

Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death. ~Hunter Thompson

'03 Savage bobber. Rebuilt too many times.
  IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #21 - 06/10/13 at 14:00:22

Well for aesthetics alone I would choose the C5 chrome

For all around looks, drivability and reliability probably the Thruxton

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
groupus

Maintenance is as
much art as it is
science.

PA
Reply #22 - 06/10/13 at 14:11:46

EJID wrote on 06/10/13 at 09:15:43:
Before getting my first road bike (and only road bike so far) my current S40, I was dead set on wanting a Road King Classic similar to this one...

http://www.harley-roadkings.com/2001_road_kings/images-ev0002/2001_Harley_Roa...

I figured I would keep my little S40 for a few years then upgrade to what I really wanted. BUT, after having this bike since 2009, I REALLY like this bike and even when I do go to get a new bike, I don't plan on getting rid of this one. I think I will reincarnate it in a different style once I get a different bike  Cool

EDIT:
In hindsight...my current bike has taken on a kind of mini-Road Kingesque appearance  Grin

http://p1.bikepics.com/2013/04/09/bikepics-2540122-800.jpg

Is it the big puddle of oil underneith that makes it resemble a harley?  Grin

Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death. ~Hunter Thompson

'03 Savage bobber. Rebuilt too many times.
  IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #23 - 06/10/13 at 14:25:19

groupus wrote on 06/10/13 at 14:11:46:
EJID wrote on 06/10/13 at 09:15:43:

http://www.harley-roadkings.com/2001_road_kings/images-ev0002/2001_Harley_Roa...

EDIT:

http://p1.bikepics.com/2013/04/09/bikepics-2540122-800.jpg

Is it the big puddle of oil underneith that makes it resemble a harley?  Grin

Grin You got me mid-oil change but yes, I see the resemblance  Grin

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
Borracho

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Albuquerque, NM
Reply #24 - 06/10/13 at 15:15:11

That's funny Groupus!

2004, Jardine muffler, K&N drop-in, Corbin seat, Raptor petcock and Sportster handlebars with phony ISO grips.
  IP Logged
Jiggyfly

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #25 - 06/10/13 at 23:38:44

easy!

1- Ducati Panigale 1199, R, of course.
2- a big'ol hawg. Road king, street glide, ultra.....it don't matter.
Make sure it's black, & 110" CVO.
Rode my FIL's Harley Night Rod last week......beautiful sounds at 7k RPM, & enough stomp to murder the pushrod motor bikes.

Pretty fun.....but I'll take a street glide over it.

IP Logged
wambr
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Russia, Samara
Reply #26 - 06/11/13 at 02:08:43

hmm... quite interesting were the answers!
I certainly understand a lot, not quite, as you say, guys...but I want to understand why so many of you like cafe racers, choppers, and bobs? and why many of you want to remove the factory chrome and some parts with their bikes? why are there so few do sweepers for example? they don't like?

Yeah, it's not bigtwin, but it is the best half of it
  IP Logged
greenmonster

Hellooooo Nurse!

Vancouver BC
Reply #27 - 06/14/13 at 13:53:45

My be-all-end-all bike hasn't been built yet. Though the Lito Sora is coming pretty close. If they can get Brammo's clutch system in there we'll have a winner.

I'm having a heck of a time with bikes right now. My wife has agreed to another bike (though I suspect she expects I'll sell the savage) and I can't think of any bike that I'd rather have as an only bike.

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #28 - 06/15/13 at 00:57:45

wambr wrote on 06/11/13 at 02:08:43:
...but I want to understand why so many of you like cafe racers, choppers, and bobs?

Backyard Customs are cool ... and in some cases "works of art" ... as a motorcycle enthusiast, I personally can definitely apppreciate the the craftsmanship of certain Customs and can imagine that actually creating, owning and Riding something uniquely "yours" must be pretty cool too! Cool

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
engineer
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #29 - 06/15/13 at 16:59:49

I like the bikes I own but I would like a few more.  One would be an old  BMW R60/5, red.  Another bike I would like is a seventies Honda CB350 and a Honda CX 500 the one with the V twin mounted like a Guzzi.  A Yamaha XS650 would be nice to have.

Among the new bikes the only ones I like are the retro classic style bikes and I pretty much like all of those.  I find it hard to pick just one bike to like, they all look good to me.

2005 S40, Intruder shocks, Dyna, 52.5/150, 3 washers, 2 turns, modified seat, Raptor
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 04:27:41

General CategoryThe Cafe › the bike you want.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.