Was no fun at all...... (Read 80 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Was no fun at all......
06/06/13 at 18:02:40

Got to the ferry a tad late this morning, and w/ weather being GREAT, those fair weather riders who ride loud pipers, and iron a crease in their chaps..... on days where the blue birds sing, only....had swelled the line in front of me to 20 bikes or so. I was stuck way back in the pack, which meant I couldn't do my mad dash to work after unloading on the mainland. I know spilling their Starbucks coffee from their handlebar mug holder onto those shiny black leather things like the ones my wife wears to bed (use to) when she was feeling perky..... would be a major bummer, but C'MON, 20 MPH in a 45 is just wrong. Well, maybe I'm being a wee bit harsh on them. They might be a wee tight on scratch if you figure in they only ride on special occasions, and you factor in their payment on their overpriced scooters, broken down to days ridden, perhaps going slower to improve their MPG might help justify or make swallowing those monthly payments a lil' more palatable.....   Huh

Well, anyways....I was riding stuckly until they peeled off. I decided to take my shortcut and make up for lost seconds. I made a U and felt sumtin different under me, not sure what it was. Straightened out, gave it a decent twist to 55 - 60 and it felt fine. Came to the end of my short cut where I'd hang a big left onto a 4 lane big road of traffic....through the "stop" in second I began to bend and throttle up.....WTF, all of a sudden I knew what that odd feeling was a quarter mile back, while I was executing that turn into traffic.....
I was losing air in my rear wheel! It tried to roll as the tire just shifted to the point of almost coming off the rim, however I straightened and got it under control. I made it a few more hundred feet then pulled her over out of traffic, where I could look and touch the wheel/tire.

Goodness, flat as in ZERO pounds of air pressure, nada.

I got off and pushed her to a parking lot and left her there, grabbing my back pack and finished walking to work  Angry

Called up the dealer who did my 4000 service on it when they opened a few hours later. They came and got it, put a new tube in, a home I rode it, after work  Tongue

Another thumbs up for this little bike, she kept me safe under a very bad condition...oh BTW, it was a piece of glass that pirced my tube, and withing a minute or so it went 100% flat!  

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
apache snow-FSO
Serious Thumper

Re: Was no fun at all......
Reply #1 - 06/06/13 at 18:35:56

I can't figure out the attitude in these posts. If you are talking about Harley riders I will say around here there are more Harley riders out riding than any other brand. They ride rain or shine and travel more miles than most. I try to never make light of others riding on two wheels.

I ride most every day so I see who the hard core riders are. Roll Eyes

2012 Honda Shadow Spirit

IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #2 - 06/06/13 at 18:59:54

Ray...glad to hear it worked out OK!

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #3 - 06/06/13 at 20:11:07

that would have added a large pucker factor to my morn commute.. \\glad your save..

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #4 - 06/06/13 at 20:17:30

apache snow-FSO wrote on 06/06/13 at 18:35:56:
I can't figure out the attitude in these posts. If you are talking about Harley riders I will say around here there are more Harley riders out riding than any other brand. They ride rain or shine and travel more miles than most. I try to never make light of others riding on two wheels.

I ride most every day so I see who the hard core riders are. Roll Eyes

Tip o' the week snowman.....

never try to figger out nonsensical backlash mutterings from patients who only live for friday nights when the nurse gives us chocolate pudding after our meds......

However, I refer to ALL of those "custom one of a kind off the showroom floor" cookie cutters types that turn snuff and attitude on bikes that don't cost in the teens and above.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #5 - 06/06/13 at 20:55:28

Heheheh... I know a few of those guys! Truth be told tho...they come in all shapes sizes and motorcycle types.... I just smile, cause I have had a still have a few of the big spred I used to have. I ride with ricers, hog heads and just got outta the hoolagan crowd supermotos, I just like to ride and find no sense in the way some folk act.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 16:24:44

General CategoryThe Cafe › Was no fun at all......

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.