Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Has anyone else about Suzuki dealerships closing? (Read 143 times)
CaramelQT

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

RI
Has anyone else about Suzuki dealerships closing?
06/06/13 at 17:59:31

I read the following elsewhere, anyone else experiencing this???

NOTE TO ALL : I found out SUZUKI is reorganizing and closing / taking back parts and bikes from smaller dealerships. I found one close to me that is done away with carrying because suzuki pulled out. and another merged with a dealership that has 4 other locations. ---> so be on the lookout, your dealership might not be there...

IP Logged
SALB
Serious Thumper

FSO

Whittier, AK
Re: Has anyone else about Suzuki dealerships closi
Reply #1 - 06/06/13 at 18:19:38

I knew their auto business had sunk, but haven't heard anything about their motorcycle side. Undecided

IP Logged
apache snow-FSO
Serious Thumper

Reply #2 - 06/06/13 at 18:28:01

The Suzuki bike dealerships are doing fine around here. Smiley It was the suziki car dealerships that closed.

2012 Honda Shadow Spirit

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #3 - 06/06/13 at 18:30:27

Ours here in Fort Walton Beach was given the axe by corporate, said he wasn't up to snuff on sales.
Gave him like 2 weeks to close, he got so pissed he boxed up all his stuff and sent it back to them.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
engineer
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 06/06/13 at 19:25:11

Found this article:

Suzuki to Cut 10% to 20% of Its Motorcycle Dealerships
03/21/2013 @ 6:06 am, by Jensen Beeler

...... Powersports Business has learned that the Japanese OEM plans on closing 100 to 200 of its roughly 930 power sports dealerships. This would mean a roughly 10% to 20% reduction in Suzuki dealerships nationwide — a decision that has more than a few dealers feeling a bitter taste in their mouths.

The move is perhaps less surprising though, as American Suzuki — now called Suzuki Motor of America — is drastically restructuring its business, not just to exist without its automotive lines, but also on a more fundamental basis.

2005 S40, Intruder shocks, Dyna, 52.5/150, 3 washers, 2 turns, modified seat, Raptor
  IP Logged
apache snow-FSO
Serious Thumper

Reply #5 - 06/06/13 at 19:31:28

The dealers around here are large dealerships so thats probably why they are not being affected. Smiley

2012 Honda Shadow Spirit

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #6 - 06/06/13 at 20:08:37

YIKES!
that could be bad for me... we only have the one Suzuki dealer in central MS area ( Pearl MS) and he is small. I think he has 3 can ams and maybe 5 newish bikes. He has other lines, of power stuff... tractors persona water craft... but still he is a tiny operation. I went there twice, he seemed real nice, but not overly concerned .... about anything.

IP Logged
runwyrlph
Serious Thumper

Semper ubi sub ubi

pa
Reply #7 - 06/06/13 at 21:35:55

Whatcha need the dealership for?

2007 s40 -stock -white spacer out -repaired to rideable condition!
  IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #8 - 06/07/13 at 02:44:11

Parts? Service????

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
CaramelQT

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

RI
Reply #9 - 06/07/13 at 04:50:43

runwyrlph: If I need a part & don't want to wait for it to be mailed. Also tires, that's about it for me. That's probably why they're closing, huh. Wink

I have a shop within 4 miles from me, but they're jerks, it'll be my luck that's the one that stays open.  I usually drive to the other one that's 30+ miles away because they are nicer, cheaper(yes, same parts), & don't talk down to females that enter their store. Hopefully they don't close, *sigh*.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #10 - 06/08/13 at 07:08:49

Only one I've been to that is worthy of staying open is 415 miles from me, door to door. The closest ones are all within a 50 mile radius of the farm, and every last one of them is staffed by incompetent non-riders that are just clock punchers collecting a paycheck for being indifferent or outright rude. They can all go away with no great loss to anybody, especially the ones who carry Suzuki as a side line to their Honda, Kawasaki or BMW money maker lines.

Good riddance. Pare it down to the few and far between who actually understand/exemplify customer service and have a staff that rides and therefor actually know at least something about motorcycles.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Steve H
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spartanburg, SC
Reply #11 - 06/08/13 at 10:56:03

Our local dealership here is a conglomerate: Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Polaris.  I have seen a couple Harley bikes in there too recently. I hate dealerships like that.  Means that they have to be 'jack of all trades' and really good on pretty much none.
They seem to be more interested in getting you out the door on something new than in helping you most of the time.  
I think there are only 1 or 2 guys that actually ride (more than across the parking lot).  
They had a couple S40's this year.  They got gone quick but they aren't getting any more.  Not enough profit in them. Sellling at full list, wouldn't budge.

They wouldn't  miss the Suzuki dealership going away that much. They have not said anything about it in the times that I have been in there.  They have all sorts of Suzuki posters and stuff up.  Doesn't look like they are worried or anything.

There are lots of people around here on Suzuki. Not sure how much they would miss them.  People around here love the v-twin boulevard line.  They sell lots of them and you see them everywhere.

87 LS650, 2005 Ninja 250, 2009 Yamaha C3, 2001 Honda Reflex. On 2 wheels since 6/80.
  IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #12 - 06/09/13 at 04:45:43

Well wouldn't make a lick of difference to me.   The only time I've ever gone to the local dealer was when I was doing my upswept exhaust not too long ago, no auto part stores had any 1 3/4" banded exhaust clamps so I made my way to Interstate Cycle (the good sized local Suzuki dealer).  I was told that they don't stock many parts and that they would have to order it   Huh  wound up driving to the HD dealer 20 miles away and getting them there.

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
cowboy

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 06/09/13 at 05:43:22

my dealer dropped suzuki. they said suzuki put to big of demands on them. they will still service my bike.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 08:25:13

General CategoryThe Cafe › Has anyone else about Suzuki dealerships closing?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.