Send Topic Print
$7 saddle bags (Read 91 times)
boratedoc
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

$7 saddle bags
06/04/13 at 23:32:13

I've got a nice set of leather bags, but they're usually more than I need on most of my rides soooooo.......

I found this - a Mad Dog brand ATV tank saddle bag set from Cabela's bargain cave - $7 + shipping - make sure you get the "3 way bag" - it has velcro adjustments for height.  Trim a bit of neoprene around the voltage regulator, add some paracord for tie downs and presto! Has a drink holder, small camera pocket and padded eyeglass pocket under a flap on one side, and an insulated  single pocket large bag on the other - makes a nice small cooler for lunch & cold drink Smiley.   http://www.cabelas.com/product/Mad-Dog-Gear174-Pro-Series-II-ATV-Saddle-Bags/...

IMG_0103.JPG
  IP Logged
boratedoc
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: $7 saddle bags
Reply #1 - 06/04/13 at 23:44:20

This the other side of the "3-way bags" with the multiple pockets under the flap. I dont know if the "Pro II" model (that is pictured on the web site) has the same velcro bag attachments that allow the necessary adjustments  to fit the bike, although they might work just as well.

IMG_0102.JPG
  IP Logged
spacepirates
Serious Thumper

Igni Ferroque

Pittsburgh, PA
Reply #2 - 06/05/13 at 06:51:44

How do they hold up at speed? How much can you normally fit in there?

--
Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.
  IP Logged
boratedoc
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 06/05/13 at 10:42:27

Well, I've had them on for a couple hundred miles so far with no issues at all. I like the fact they are narrower than most bags ( about 4" thick), but hold quite a bit. Supposedly waterproof material that remains to be seen. On the left side I have sunglasses, a camera, and a 20 water bottle. On the right (larger bag) I have a small tool kit, first aid kit, extra gloves & hat plus rain gear & another 20 bottle of water and bungee cords with a little room to spare. If you wanted to use that bag as a cooler, you could easily pack lunch, drinks, and ice/ blue ice for two. They secure to an under seat harness similar to the "hooker " rig (bungee points  Wink) with wide HD velcro straps that I can't forsee coming loose if you limit them to a reasonable load wt. Since they are designed with offroad 4 wheeling in mind I suspect they will hold up OK -they seem very well made. You  can also switch sides if you like. I actually ordered another set so I'd have two of the larger bags that match, although I may just leave the ones I have now as they are and have a "spare" set. For both sets (including shipping) less than $20  Grin

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 06:29:05

General CategoryThe Cafe › $7 saddle bags

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.