Send Topic Print
Fathers day Tool Sales! (Read 69 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Fathers day Tool Sales!
06/04/13 at 09:29:14

Im just plain Tired of fighting the 5 Y/O Ryobi set. Is it the charger? Or, is it just tired old batteries? I Dont KNOW, but IM way tired of the hassle of trying to keep a battery Up & Ready. I have 5 batteries & I still find myself in a bind..
SO, Im gettin Li Ion powered tools. The TOOLS themselves, from Ryobi, I have no complaint against. I dropped the impact from 8 feet onto cement twice & it never changed.. BUt, SEars has a drill/impact combo for about $100.00, just one battery/19.2 Volt. Ryobi has a combo w/ 2 batteries, 18 V, $100.00..
Ohh,, $30.00 gets a second battery at Sears.
Anybody know of a quality product to compete with these options?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Re: Fathers day Tool Sales!
Reply #1 - 06/04/13 at 09:57:04

I am not a professional anything.  I have the craftsman 19.2 and have no complaints, in fact I really like them.  There are a slew of tools you can add to those sets, flashlights, dustbuster vacs, stapler (works pretty good), a sawzall, a circular trim saw (I am very impressed with this one).  Got two drills and 3 or 4 batteries plus those things above.  I have seen the driver combo and have used on the of the drivers, I liked that as well.  However, it is an impact driver not an impact wrench.  They do make a 19.2 volt impact, which I guess is for car tires and such, never used one.

I like the sears stuff, but sometimes I just need a cord.

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #2 - 06/04/13 at 11:19:50

The craftsman 19.2V system is nice, wife got me a set like 4 yrs. ago, but like they Ryobi the batteries die and i've ended up with like 4 of them just to do a simple job and keeping up with charging sux when you want a job done today.
Craftsman has come out with the "bolt-on" setup with a 20 volt L-ion, that you simply change the head out and add different one. Each head setup (saw, drill, impact, router, ect...) only cost about $25-40. I'm liking it so far, even tho i've only got the 3/8" inch drill adapter.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #3 - 06/04/13 at 11:27:23

Izzat LI IOn you have?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #4 - 06/05/13 at 05:41:55

Lithium Ion.... yes 20v craftsman "bolt-on". The saw head is only like a 3" one, enough to cut thru a 2 X 4 ....

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #5 - 06/05/13 at 05:51:44

So, the Li batteries develop a memory & get wimpy, just like the Ni Cads?

In that 4 years, have you ever built a small load & drained them waaaaay down & recharged them? I used some variable resistors in series w/ a small 12 V lamp & drained mine till the lite was just a little red dot,,
One almost didnt survive, took a Loong time before it started to take a charge again,, I mean I messed with it off & on for days, even gave up & tossed it in the REcycle Batteries Box & decided OHH Ill try again,, It came up. BUt, they just dont have the life they did.. IM a little suspicious of the charger, but IM not spendin the $$$ for a charger when I can drop $130.00 at Sears & have 2 new tools & 2 batteries & a new charger.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 04:15:27

General CategoryThe Cafe › Fathers day Tool Sales!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.