Grappa. (Read 247 times)
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Grappa.
05/30/13 at 17:02:49

Bought a bottle of Mazzetti d'Altavilla Grappa di Moscato today. It is definitely an acquired taste. It has a unique flavor that is hard to describe.
Grappa is made from distilling the "must" ( smashed up grape husks left over from the primary fermentation in the wine making process) and varies in flavor depending on the grapes used, and the primary fermentation process. It is expensive as far as liquor goes.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Re: Grappa.
Reply #1 - 05/30/13 at 18:00:18

I've got a bottle that has lasted quite a while, apparently it's about 70% proof alcohol, I'm told by an Italian you drink it out of a liquer glass when you are having coffee. The Italian had it with his breakfast.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 05/30/13 at 18:18:21

Don't know about the drink,.. but the name is a mouthful... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
apache snow-FSO
Serious Thumper

Reply #3 - 05/30/13 at 18:22:43

Drank a gallon of Boones Farm once. Now that was an experience. Huh

2012 Honda Shadow Spirit

IP Logged
RatdogWillie
Serious Thumper

Nostalgia isn't what
it used to be...

Johnstown, PA.
Reply #4 - 05/30/13 at 18:49:41

apache snow-FSO wrote on 05/30/13 at 18:22:43:
Drank a gallon of Boones Farm once. Now that was an experience. Huh

Me too. The girl I was with got stopped for reckless driving in my 1963 chevy station wagon, and the cop told me to drive. I got in behind the wheel and started to drive. I was wine blind at that point (7 bottles of Boones Farm Apple wine). I pulled from the curb and he flashed on theirs red and blue lights behind me and I about crapped myself, but he pulled around me and sped off. I pulled over and told Janet to drive, but sanely. This was 1970 or 71.

What was the best thing before sliced bread?
Why is it called tourist season if we can't shoot them?
How is it possible to have a civil war?
What if there were no hypothetical questions?
  IP Logged
apache snow-FSO
Serious Thumper

Reply #5 - 05/30/13 at 19:15:41

Was Strawberry Hill. It would make you walk backwards and speak in strange tongues. Shocked

2012 Honda Shadow Spirit

IP Logged
MiCTLaN

O_o

Winter Haven, FL
Reply #6 - 05/30/13 at 22:56:41

I keep a bottle of Boone's Farm in the wine rack in the dining room, just to see if people notice.

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #7 - 05/31/13 at 03:44:51

Oh, yeah strawberry hill....those where the days.  Cool

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #8 - 05/31/13 at 04:36:18

I used to crew on a 42' sailboat, every trip we would drink a bottle of grappa   Cheesy

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
groupus

Maintenance is as
much art as it is
science.

PA
Reply #9 - 05/31/13 at 09:21:07

Grappa is gross. Kinda reminds me of black liquoice. I work at a fine restaurant as my second job and they serve it as a digestivo (drink at the end of the meal). I think we carry that Moscato. They serve it in a tulip glass, which is about 2 oz.

I don't understand fine dining. Why would I want to spend $200 on spare parts like goose liver, snails, and monkey brains (seriously, think Indiana Jones Temple of Doom) and wash it down with a $20 shot of fermented butt? I could spend that money on so many motorcycle parts!  Cheesy

I've tried a lot of the more expensive wines there and I still prefer mine out of a box.

Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death. ~Hunter Thompson

'03 Savage bobber. Rebuilt too many times.
  IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #10 - 05/31/13 at 12:42:36

Each to his own, does a fine dinner car about motorcycles, or bobbing or customising, tuning etc?

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #11 - 05/31/13 at 12:43:45

groupus wrote on 05/31/13 at 09:21:07:
Grappa is gross. Kinda reminds me of black liquoice. I work at a fine restaurant as my second job and they serve it as a digestivo (drink at the end of the meal). I think we carry that Moscato. They serve it in a tulip glass, which is about 2 oz.

I don't understand fine dining. Why would I want to spend $200 on spare parts like goose liver, snails, and monkey brains (seriously, think Indiana Jones Temple of Doom) and wash it down with a $20 shot of fermented butt? I could spend that money on so many motorcycle parts!  Cheesy

I've tried a lot of the more expensive wines there and I still prefer mine out of a box.

Like I said- it's an acquired taste. Wink

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #12 - 05/31/13 at 13:25:49

Creme de' Menthe,,thats an acquired taste, looks & tastes like Nyquil..
but the effect is much nicer,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #13 - 05/31/13 at 14:35:11

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 05/31/13 at 13:25:49:
Creme de' Menthe,,thats an acquired taste, looks & tastes like Nyquil..
but the effect is much nicer,

My mom goes through a bottle of that every year....

She make "candied" pecans. Basically frosted pecans. The green ones are Crème de Menthe, I forget what the red ones where... but the ones that looked like they were rolled in pepper ... burbon!

When I go to her house... she is always ready with a cup of Irish coffee for me ( Bushnels).

I never did the wine thing to the point of problem. I like a glass or two with a meal... no stories.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #14 - 05/31/13 at 16:35:50

Well,, get organic wine, man,, Grapes are one of the Most Highly pesticided crops on the planet. Wine is concentrated grapes.
Its not important to get organic in all foods, but tomatoes & strawberries are also high in pesticides.

http://www.ewg.org/foodnews/summary.php

I dont agree with their "Corn isnt all GMO"..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 04:14:27

General CategoryThe Cafe › Grappa.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.