Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: RYCA  @ Lowes
Reply #15 - 05/29/13 at 21:22:41

45acp wrote on 05/29/13 at 14:53:26:
muskogee thats only a few hours from my house. i live up near enid.

I have a sister-in-law living in Douglas and I went to school in Stillwater, but that has been a few moons ago.

IP Logged
caseyLA

Los Angeles
Reply #16 - 05/30/13 at 00:05:24

LANCER wrote on 05/29/13 at 21:18:02:
caseyLA wrote on 05/29/13 at 16:49:47:
Does the side cover decal say "Made in Shed?"

lol...love it.

I think it is SHFD, an abbr. for Shefield England.
The dude developed his love for singles as a military brat living there years ago.

Oh! I remember this guySmiley His name is Bill. Yeah, he doesn't have a computer.

He has one of the VERY first Ryca kits produced... his tank should be stamped with a special mark. Bill would call us all the time for updates about his kit (this was during the first run, and things were crazy and behind schedule). He could talk all day about bikes....said he fell in love with thumpers in England when a guy on a BSA would pass him every day on his way to school. Great story. He requested his CS-1 seat un-upholstered so he could cover it in alligator skin!

I always wondered what happened with Bill and his CS-1 project. If you see him, tell him hi and we would love to share some photos of his bike, along with his story.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #17 - 05/30/13 at 03:56:35

Yep, it's Bill.
Told me all about his non-computer ordering process; how you guys made hard copy of all the info and such and sent it to him.  Very cool Casey.  He has been very pleased with everything about the kit and the bike as a whole.
quite a chatty fellow.  Smiley))
I will be calling him to see if he wants to ride and will pass along your request for photos and story.
It was my impression that he likely rides most any time he can.  The bike is obviously used routinely...good condition but with road dirt. [/b]

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 00:22:28

General CategoryThe Cafe › RYCA  @ Lowes

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.