Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
a tale of two tells...
05/19/13 at 11:00:19

Two little tidbits from the road yesterday...

I was riding through town, middle lane, in traffic, going about 45mph in a 40... just flowing with traffic... Directly in front of me... a shiny red Ferrari with Texas plates...
Ooooooh... Kiss...
Watching traffic up ahead, I see that the approaching light is a little long on green, but I'm probably gonna' just hit it before or just as it turns yellow...  and sure enough, right at go/no go point, I'm hearing the Ferrari gun it to get through, and I gun it too... (traffic on both sides of me are moving through as well)...
... and suddenly, in the middle of the 8 lane intersection, the Ferrari goes from near 50mph to slower than walking speed... and I'm darn near doing a stoppie in the center of the intersection, as the light is now going from yellow to red...
I'm then, in control again, in the middle of this intersection, about 6 inches from the puckerhole of this Ferrari on the wrong side of a red light, when I see him gingerly ease over a small pavement hump, (as they are resurfacing the pavement in this cross street)... once he's over the tiny hump, he guns it and roars forward, and I'm right with him because there is now 3 full lanes of traffic approaching to my left side...
... and the SOB slams the brakes down again to go over the other end of the new pavement lip...
And I'm back in stoppie mode again, as oncoming cars are still bearing down on us...
In all,.. it took us a good 30 seconds to get across this stupid intersection...
It would be sin to even scratch this beautiful car, but if I could have gotten hold of that driver,... I'd be missing a boot right now.... Huh...

... secondly,.. (I hope this ain't some new fashion trend),... but, I was coming home late last night and the approaching car was one of those fartcan Honda Civic lowriders... and he had green headlights!... very distracting at a traffic light, and pretty frikkin' blinding bright... a lot like those blue headlights, but with a strong green tint...(gotta' be illegal)....

Just two of the reasons I don't carry a gun... Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Re: a tale of two tells...
Reply #1 - 05/19/13 at 12:34:32

Yo buddy.....you should be peed at the man in the mirror, and you know that. First off, most folk who drive such show are all about themselves w/ the hope the envious world will help stroke his lil' inferiority thingy.... you can't expect them to consider other peoples welfare.
Second, you know as well we who ride assume a risk....now its up to us to minimize it, you didn't. By your own admission you report of paying a wee bit too much attention to an distraction, and at the same time you have been gauging the light and suspected its pattern to change....you should have minimized your risk and backed off instead of hitting it. You have the an unknown in front of you, and a possible yellow/red jumper coming at the side of you.... we want you around a lil' bit longer to keep boards flowing and the mods, uh, moderated....so please, chill o' bit amigo, ride smart  Kiss

end of scold!

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
apache snow-FSO
Serious Thumper

Reply #2 - 05/19/13 at 12:38:16

You done good. A fairly good rant. I give it an 8.  Grin

I do carry a gun so I try to stay away from the crazies. Huh

2012 Honda Shadow Spirit

IP Logged
gerald.hughes
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

FSO

Tucson, Az
Reply #3 - 05/19/13 at 13:20:20

Bot, I don't know if the heart has gotten to you or what.You should have known right off that the driver in the Ferrari didn't know how to drive it.  You said it had Texas plates.  If that isn't a tell, I don't know what is.  That is the land where the guy with the new Bugatti drove it into the lake.  Sheesh.

IP Logged
Stangdude
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Tucson, AZ
Reply #4 - 05/20/13 at 02:11:17

Lol was this on Broadway?

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 08:27:31

General CategoryThe Cafe › a tale of two tells...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.