Intrudert V800T (Read 177 times)
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Intrudert V800T
05/12/13 at 12:41:57

Test rode the new Intruder yesterday afternoon...

I had booked the V800C (aka "Volusia" but got the "sportier" (so they say) V800T instead.

What can I say ?

Well balanced... quiet... powerful... very good frame and suspension, breezes over bumps, corners cool and nonchalant...

Twist the throttle, she goes, pull on the front brake, she slows down and stops, bend into corners, she goes down cool as ice.

If the V800T were a woman, she'd be the Blue Angel

By comparison, the Savage is rough as rawhide, quiet like drunken hillbilly and will buck and bounce over bumps like a wild mustang...

If my Savage were a woman, she'd be...

I was glad the ride was over, couldn't wait to get back on my wild , rough, fiery mustang...  Cool YEEE...HAW !!!

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Re: Intrudert V800T
Reply #1 - 05/12/13 at 14:54:07

I rode my buds 84' 800 intruder this past friday....that thing reminded me of a savage with extra testosterone!

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 05/12/13 at 17:09:02

Amazing how attractive bikes ( & women) are even when theyre so different. I can certainly appreciate the sultry,refined type, but to deny the attractiveness of the vivacious tom boy is to simply be dishonest. How youve compared the bikes thru the womens pics is great. Good post, man..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Borracho

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Albuquerque, NM
Reply #3 - 05/12/13 at 18:47:39

Is this Intruder the same as the C50? I own both, but I much prefer the Savage.

2004, Jardine muffler, K&N drop-in, Corbin seat, Raptor petcock and Sportster handlebars with phony ISO grips.
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #4 - 05/12/13 at 20:32:55

Great post!

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #5 - 05/13/13 at 02:23:04

Thanks all !  Smiley

This is what I wanted

This is what I got

Roll Eyes

Not quite the same thing, and, most of all, not quite the same riding stance, albeit with the same engine and frame...

The V 800 T has wide drag bars as opposed to the V 800 C's pullbacks;
furthermore, the footcontrols were far too much forward for the bike to handle comfortably.

I insisted (politely) for the V 800 C, but the most I got was to sit on it inside the showroom, i.e. engine off etyc...  Embarrassed

Overall the V800T is a nice bike, and perhaps a better ride over long distances compared to the V800C (the drag bars feel keener than the pullbacks) but...
...but... Undecided
...I asked for a BigMac and all I can haz iz a cheezburgar   Lips Sealed

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #6 - 05/13/13 at 08:34:14

In the states, the C50 is the one you wanted (1st pic) & the M50 is the one you got to ride (2nd pic)

Why can't they just be called the same here and there?  Huh

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
Blinky-FSO
Serious Thumper

Three Eyes Are
Better Than Two

Kentucky
Reply #7 - 05/13/13 at 09:07:07

I agree with your assessment. After owning a S40 for 13 months, I moved to a C50. I must say I miss the S40 but much prefer the C50. The one difference that is most notable to me between them is that the C50 actually has a working rear suspension. The S40 rear suspension was basically my spine.
Good hunting

2007 S40 (Sold)
2007 C50 (Sold)
1992 Honda GL1500
2014 Honda CTX700N
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #8 - 05/13/13 at 10:31:04

You wanted the Volusia and "got stuck" with the Marauder...

Decent engines since they dumped the Intruder standard hidden dual carburetors that are basically impossible to synch, have staggered jetting sizes, front carb fed via electric fuel pump which is fed from the rear gravity filled carb...

Of the 3 805cc flavors from Suzuki, the Volusia/C50 is the best of the bunch. The VS800/S50 is THE worst bike, bar none, ever made by Suzuki... it's an ancient VT500 (Honda Shadow 1st generation) with a bit bigger bore and stroke, itself the worst bike Honda ever disgraced us with...

I still want to use Lisa's 96 800 Intruder for target practice and get her something decent, like a 750 Shadow ACE or a Kawasaki VN800A or Drifter.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #9 - 05/14/13 at 12:57:31

I love the looks of the Drifter 800 WD, I have a buddy who sold one and has regretted it ever since  Huh

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #10 - 05/14/13 at 20:36:17

Really the better looking, as in most realistic, of the 2 sizes. We're getting ready to do a clutch job on the 1500, it's pushing 100K miles on the factory unit. Hope nobody bumps the hydraulic clutch handle while the thing is apart...

If Kawi had gone to a triangulated swingarm with hidden monoshock for the 1500 drifter, it would probably still be in production as a 1600 or 1700. The exposed shocks leave a lot to be desired.

I do have to say that the white and Dupont Scout Blue C50T was a really well executed package. Almost scrapped the Savage in favor of one. If it had a chain or belt instead of a shaft drive, I'd be riding one. Longer service intervals via shaft drives are really nice, but not nice enough to justify the added weight and expense...

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #11 - 05/15/13 at 12:43:30

Hope nobody bumps the hydraulic clutch handle while the thing is apart...

Build a spacer to jam between lever & bar so it cant get moved.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 08:25:27

General CategoryThe Cafe › Intrudert V800T

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.