Send Topic Print
What to buy! (Read 437 times)
Gardner
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: What to buy!
Reply #15 - 05/11/13 at 04:08:46

Thanks for the tip I never heard of Blue Bob where do you by this product.? And how difficult it it to use.

Cheers ,
RW

IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #16 - 05/11/13 at 04:11:22

There are a few different companies that make products to remove heat stains from chrome, Blue Job is just one of the most know ones. Do a search or call a local bike shop and see which products they have  Wink

http://www.blue-job.com/

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
pt mike
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Summerside P.E
Reply #17 - 05/12/13 at 18:49:33

hi  any idea where i can get a used exhaust system for my 1988 savage? thanks mike from pei

IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #18 - 05/12/13 at 21:09:15

Do what the handbook says. Have them started and run for three minutes. Stop them and let them stand for a few minutes, have the sales persons hold the bike up right/vertical while you look in the little oil level window.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #19 - 05/12/13 at 22:53:16

Have them started and run for three minutes. Stop them and let them stand for a few minutes.

I just dont unnerstand that.. If its been sitting for a day or 20,, why not stand it up & look at the oil level?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #20 - 05/12/13 at 23:35:25

JOG, I wouldn't hold a candle to your technical knowledge, but that's what the S40 owners manual says to do when checking the oil level.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #21 - 05/13/13 at 03:45:51

jcstokes wrote on 05/12/13 at 23:35:25:
JOG, I wouldn't hold a candle to your technical knowledge, but that's what the S40 owners manual says to do when checking the oil level.

The only reason I can see to do this, is to fill the oil passages before checkng oil.  Over time the oil will seep past the pil pump and drain the passages back into the oil sump.....and give a slightly higher reading.  I doubt the level changes very much.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #22 - 05/13/13 at 04:02:54

pt mike wrote on 05/12/13 at 18:49:33:
hi  any idea where i can get a used exhaust system for my 1988 savage? thanks mike from pei

Check the market place section of the forums-
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=market

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
engineer
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #23 - 05/13/13 at 07:00:25

If both are in good condition I would buy the one with the least miles on it.  You can check to see if the mileage is honest by looking at the tires, the foot peg rubber, and other little details.   Look for bolts with rounded heads and things that indicate someone has messed with it.  Also look for signs of weathering and corrosion, you want a bike that was kept indoors and hasn't been messed with.

Don't include the accessories in your decision unless they are something you intended to buy.  The helmet is not worth considering, it is best to buy a new helmet.

2005 S40, Intruder shocks, Dyna, 52.5/150, 3 washers, 2 turns, modified seat, Raptor
  IP Logged
Gardner
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #24 - 05/13/13 at 14:32:39

Thanks for all the imput from you folks, I went to the dealer here this morn and took the 2010 model out for a short ride ,weather cool and windy did not go far and it seemed to work fine lots of torque and shifted well no back firing on deceleration . That being said I was ready to do a deal and on looking the bike over noticed an oil leak at the head so left  the dealer to look into it, while I keep looking. The 07 previously mention was sold . There are two others yet to check out in my area.  So nothing confirmed here as yet. Sad

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #25 - 05/14/13 at 09:43:58

That oil leak is likely nothing, but, Id be concerned the dealer mite make things worse & hide making a mess just long enough to sell it. YOu should include in the sales agreement that IF there are some stripped bolts in the head/head cover, THEY pay to have it fixed. I dont trust them to not jake leg a "repair" to get it sold.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Gardner
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #26 - 05/14/13 at 14:26:17

I hear ya on the jake leg repairs, looked at another today ,no battery in bike not sure why people try and sell without the bike in running order? Now am told to come back on Saturday and it will be running. Angry

IP Logged
Gardner
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #27 - 05/20/13 at 11:30:15

G,day all well my hunt has ended, not at all as I had expected it to be.  I stumbled upon a 05 Honda Silverwing low milege at a very good price after due consideration I purchased it on Friday and drove it home on Saturday in a cold rain.  With my arthritis I think this swing will work well for me.

Thanks to all the help from the members on this site you were most helpful and I appreciate it.  Smiley  To the admin  if you wish you could remove me from your members list  ,I have enjoyed my time spent here,  RW

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/20/24 at 13:31:22

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › What to buy!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.