Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
You're the most likely to be killed in (Read 180 times)
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
You're the most likely to be killed in
05/08/13 at 20:18:55

According to data from the FBI's uniform crime reports, California had the highest number of gun murders in 2011 with 1,220 -- which makes up 68 percent of all murders in the state that year and equates to 3.25 murders per 100,000 people.
The irony of such a grisly distinction is evident when you look at which state was named the state with the strongest gun control laws in 2011 by the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence. You guessed it -- it was California.
"What is very unusual is that California also has a program by which we can remove guns, recover guns from people who have a gun and then subsequently become prohibited or dangerous," Brady Campaign spokeswoman Amanda Wilcox said at the time.  The FBI data also notes that Washington, D.C. had the highest murder rate per 100,000 people. The nation's capital saw 12 gun murders per 100,000 in 2011. DC also finished first in gun-related robberies per 100,000 people - with 242.56.
In 1976, the District of Columbia required all guns be registered, banned new handguns and required guns at home to be stored and dissembled or locked up. Unfortunately, the draconian measures -- which lasted more than three decades -- didn't had the desired effect.            All this proves gun laws do not work!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: You're the most likely to be killed in
Reply #1 - 05/08/13 at 20:27:38

I would make the case instead, that it proves that roads work ... I bought my gun in Spokane WA. Then I drove to CA.
There is also the roads from mexico that seem to work rather well, and not to mention a thriving gang culture in CA ...
You round up the bad ass gangs from NC and drop em into say Watts or Pacoima or Compton ... in a matter of hours they'd be crying like babies wanting their mommy.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 05/10/13 at 09:47:12

The way you manage to avoid the obvious & replace it with some twisted "logic" at every turn is just amazing to me.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #3 - 05/10/13 at 11:29:29

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 05/10/13 at 09:47:12:
The way you manage to avoid the obvious & replace it with some twisted "logic" at every turn is just amazing to me.

Whoa, be careful, apparantly pointing out the massive holes in his logic constitutes name calling and he'll sic Star on you!!

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #4 - 05/10/13 at 16:23:55

Oh Daney Daney, still smarting from my tongue-lashing after you laughed and laughed at my attempt to bring a modicum of civility to the TT.
you're a card Daney. Grin

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 05/10/13 at 16:49:41

you laughed and laughed at my attempt to bring a modicum of civility to the TT.

everybody laughed at that because if was obviously b.s.....

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #6 - 05/10/13 at 22:09:39

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 05/10/13 at 09:47:12:

Dude ... state level or city level or municipality level gun control will work only if you walled in the area and inspected everyone entering for weapons. D-uh ...

NY, DC, Chicago etc etc have strict gun laws.
Nevertheless there is a ton of gun crime there ... and those guns are legitimately purchased in SC, TX or somewhere there are no gun laws.

I dunno how many times I have to point this out.
They increase penalties for gun trafficking along with every new gun law. Why ? what is gun trafficking ? You're really ignorant in the way modern criminals operate. We can enact a whole bunch of restrictions  for NYC or DC or CA. If we dont do the same in TX the guns will flow from TX to CA ad NY.

My neighbors traffic cigarettes and alcohol to NYC. They would do the same with guns if that wasn't a crime. Location specific gun laws dont work. That's cos roads do work. D-uh.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #7 - 05/13/13 at 00:24:20

Sri there are hundreds of Federal gun laws on the books, background checks are mandatory in every state. A few guns are sold at gun shows, a few people like me buy guns off the internet but most of the time its a legal transaction. I show them my permit and sign a bill of sale. But the bottom line is gun laws do not work or never will. The cities and states with the strictest gun laws have the most gun violence, Cal, Washington. Look it up. Disarming honest citizens like us will only make matters worse. You cant stop a criminal or a crazy man unarmed.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Jiggyfly

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 05/13/13 at 03:58:38

Ever been to Chicago????
C(r)ook County?

Really? Take the baddest NC gang & drop them off in Watts?
That's about like saying, "take the baddest high school football team & drop them in the NFL!"
I grew up in Rockford, IL....9th most violent city in the nation. Right up the alley from Chicago & Gary, IN. Like I said, ever been there??? Cabrini Greens projects? (It's gone now), the police wouldn't even go there in the 90's! The criminals there don't casually commute to another state, buy a weapon, & drive back. It doesn't work like that. A house is broken into, guns found, and sold on the street. Pretty simple. Gun laws will never work because laws only apply to law abiding citizens. Gang members don't give a flying %*#! about if they're rolling illegally. Thats why they're called "criminals". The only time they care about the laws is when they're standing before the judge & jury.

Another time they should consider the laws is if they come in my house, or threaten my family's well being. I for sure wont be calling for police "assistance"!!!  Cheesy

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #9 - 05/13/13 at 05:33:03

There is a ton of crime committed in NYC and Wa DC where they can trace the gun back to a legal sale in GA or SC. There are people trafficking them. That is how it works these days. Yea "criminals" may not do that, but people without criminal records do it. They are just aiding and abetting.

Gun laws dont work ... of course they dont work if you implement them in 1 county and leave the one next door wide open.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #10 - 05/16/13 at 10:17:31

Gun l;aws work fine. The law abiding people obey them,,those selling them against the law ARE felons, theyre just not yet caught,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #11 - 05/16/13 at 10:39:24

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 05/16/13 at 10:17:31:
Gun l;aws work fine. The law abiding people obey them,,those selling them against the law ARE felons, theyre just not yet caught,

And after several 1000 murders they still roam free ... huh interesting method of defining that gun laws work.
I'm telling you, SC can supply the whole eastern US with lal the illegal guns they need. Chicago, DC, NYC, everywhere - 6 hr drive, a trunk full of guns gets you several 1000 more in NYC.

Then Of course CA has TX.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #12 - 05/16/13 at 12:07:57

Your position is easily applied to the drug problem,, drugs are illegal everywhere, but, theyre,, well,, Everywhere. So, drug laws dont work, well,, except on law abiding people,

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #13 - 05/16/13 at 13:11:54

WebsterMark wrote on 05/10/13 at 16:49:41:
you laughed and laughed at my attempt to bring a modicum of civility to the TT.

everybody laughed at that because if was obviously b.s.....

And I'm still laughing  Grin Grin Grin You're limp "thingy'ed" attempt to bully me and the others here is just plain pathetic and just sad, really. As I said, you are who we knew you were all along. Please don't flatter yourself that I even notice you let alone allow anything you spew to have any effect on my day-to-day life.

The best way to deal with a childish tantrum is to just ignore it and you are easy to ignore.  Grin Grin Grin Grin

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #14 - 05/16/13 at 15:44:10

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 05/16/13 at 12:07:57:
Your position is easily applied to the drug problem,, drugs are illegal everywhere, but, theyre,, well,, Everywhere. So, drug laws dont work, well,, except on law abiding people,

Yea we are in rerun season.

AFAIK, no one is making guns in their closet. They are making drugs there. The drugs in cities like NYC and where ever come from drug labs 100 or so miles around. SC drugs may make their way to NYC - maybe.  I have not looked into that.

The guns getting into NYC are coming from someplace like SC or where ever gun laws are loose. They are not made in people's closets. When that happens, gun laws prevent good people from getting guns, and dont stop the criminal.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/26/24 at 09:30:49

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › You're the most likely to be killed in

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.