Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: PQIA test diesel oils
Reply #1 - 05/08/13 at 19:40:32

Now that JASO has become such a very confused and certainly very non-Savage related oil standard, it opens up the thoughts for other diesel oils that don't bother getting the JASO standards applied to them.  

I am waiting for the synthetic diesel oils to get done by the Petroleum Institute -- it will be interesting reading.

Now I have a bike trailer, I doubt my bike gets but a couple of thousand miles on it in a year's oil change interval any more as half my mileage used to be covering the back & forth to the mountains.

When I quit going up to the mountain trips regularly I guess I could quit using synthetic oils -- as for regular town riding for just 2,000 miles a year any of the standard dino diesel oils could do me just fine.

And that could include Supertech Universal Motor Oil, which is Walmart's equivalent oil for Rotella T and the rest.    It is noted in BITOG as one of the very good "inexpensive" oils.

And I have used gallons of Supertech Universal Motor Oil "rapid change style" in past years to safely clean the sludge and crap out of several used bikes that had been oil abused by their previous owners -- it works very well to clean up the insides of an engine.   And I felt perfectly save while using it for that purpose as it got changed plenty frequently enough.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 04:26:51

General CategoryThe Cafe › PQIA test diesel oils

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.