Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Oops I done started some nuts now! (Read 209 times)
Wayneg561
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

West Palm Beach, FL
Oops I done started some nuts now!
05/08/13 at 11:30:06

Well I just couldn't resist, time to modify while I wait for a wiring harness. My first project is gonna be cutting down the rear fender on the sides to give it a sleeker more bobbed look. while keeping all the mounting points up top. Has anyone done this before? If anyone has any ideas for inspiration feel free to post away. Though keep in mind I am on extremely tight budget for this project.

P.S. I am still in the market for a used wiring harness if anyone has one in fairly good shape.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Oops I done started some nuts now!
Reply #1 - 05/08/13 at 11:47:56

You can trim that rear fender and lose 300lb or some like that ... its @ the back, so it also makes the bike less mass central ... you can actually drill out the spot welds holding that thickening brace and lose that and lost the braces in the front too ... the only reason it is there is to support a potential 300lb passenger.

Rear fenders are not worth any real $ ... so you can buy em cheap.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Wayneg561
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

West Palm Beach, FL
Reply #2 - 05/08/13 at 13:14:27

Ok here is the mock up the blue will be whats left of the fender for both sides I will be using a cutting torch for the rough outline then refine it with a grinder. I'm gonna keep the pillion so I might possibly carry a light passenger? I'm not so sure lol but it'll work for beer.

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #3 - 05/08/13 at 13:17:51

I recall someone using a front fender as the rear fender but I don't recall who it was. I will see if I can find it in the search but he also had a single seat...

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #4 - 05/08/13 at 13:24:44

The previous owner had chopped my rear fender substantially... I wouldn't trust it to hold a passenger and replaced it.

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
Wayneg561
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

West Palm Beach, FL
Reply #5 - 05/08/13 at 13:29:20

Yeh that guy did a hack job on that thing. Once I get it cut and the tire back on I'll sit on it and see what happens. If my 240 lb ass don't hurt it I will be good.

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #6 - 05/08/13 at 16:25:28

EJID wrote on 05/08/13 at 13:24:44:
The previous owner had chopped my rear fender substantially... I wouldn't trust it to hold a passenger and replaced it.

Oh man!! The spikes on the hardtail bar...I mean...don't know what to say... Shocked Shocked Shocked

Crikey, if it ever goes down you can be sure to lose a lot of blood.  Shocked

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #7 - 05/09/13 at 10:36:26

http://p1.bikepics.com/2009/07/13/bikepics-1725194-800.jpg

http://p1.bikepics.com/2009/07/18/bikepics-1729438-800.jpg

Alllrite! Lets hack the fender into a battle axe & put spikes on a strut to aim into the inside of the thing, where blood vessels run that will allow a guy to bleed out in minutes,,,wadda moron,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #8 - 05/09/13 at 12:25:39

Dane Allen wrote on 05/08/13 at 16:25:28:

Oh man!! The spikes on the hardtail bar...I mean...don't know what to say... Shocked Shocked Shocked

Crikey, if it ever goes down you can be sure to lose a lot of blood.  Shocked

The spiked struts are long gone...switched back to stock shocks almost immediately. Looking to upgrade to Progressives if I can justify it for the number of miles I ride / don't ride  Wink

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
Wayneg561
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

West Palm Beach, FL
Reply #9 - 05/09/13 at 17:40:22

Looks great stock, but mine has been that way for way too long. I got the fender done and smoothed out just need to sand and paint it now. I'll be painting all my panels, tank, and frame a metal flake gunmetal gray. I am kind of on the fence about which color I should pick for the wheels and racing stripes/graphics I will be painting on. I was thinking maybe a bright blue or a dark red, you guys got any Ideas/advice? I will post pics of the fender tomorrow for ya'll.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #10 - 05/10/13 at 07:41:59

Big flake (bass boat type) or micro flake (wheel paint type)? The base shade will be different to the eye based on flake size.

Burgundy pearl, cobalt pearl, and apricot pearl all go well with micro flake gunmetal/graphite. Have used those combinations on my wife's street racer rwd Celica GT-S (long gone, engine popped), my 1949 Dodge truck and a CB360. In that order.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 06:27:37

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Oops I done started some nuts now!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.