finish'79 Harley custom bobber(NEXT)
  IP Logged
Badass94Cad

This space for rent

Mass-->Jerz-->PA!
Re: Finished bobber
Reply #16 - 05/01/13 at 09:38:55

Nice looking bike!  I have a few questions:

1. Are those the Biltwell Keystones?  I was considering a set, but I thought they were too low.  Yours appear to be the height I want.  Any info appreciated!

2.  Are you running the grips without the end caps?

3.  I was going to ask where in PA you are, but I see that's already been addressed.  Looks like you and Greg are about 1.5 hours west of me (I'm in Bucks County), but not too far to meet up for a ride sometime perhaps.  Cool
Jeff

1995 Suzuki Savage - It's a rat, but it's MY rat!
  IP Logged
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Reply #17 - 05/01/13 at 10:06:13

Badass94Cad wrote on 05/01/13 at 09:38:55:
3.  I was going to ask where in PA you are, but I see that's already been addressed.  Looks like you and Greg are about 1.5 hours west of me (I'm in Bucks County), but not too far to meet up for a ride sometime perhaps.  Cool
Jeff

Jeff, it would be awesome to meet up and ride! I have this fantasy of a Savage biker gang...  Huh

Feel free to join me and some friends at the Meetup on Sunday. Plus, anytime you want to get together, we can always meet somewhere. I am just now putting plans together for riding somewhere on Saturday. I can possibly head out your way.

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
groupus

Maintenance is as
much art as it is
science.

PA
Reply #18 - 05/01/13 at 11:19:03

Jeff (or may I call you Badass Grin),

1. they are the $60 ebay version. the weld and chrome quality is not the greatest, but it kinda gives it a home made look.
EDIT: I should say that they are probably a bit taller than the stock buckhorns, but certainly narrower, make the bike feel way skinny. good for bopping around town but probably not long highway.

2. stock grips and end caps. I'm amazed those things have survived and I've been able to find them every time i had to gather the bike up off the road.

3. a get together could be fun. I have some friends who live in Berks and I visit frequently enough in the summer. Though, the savage has been retired to local duty since I finished my gl1000 build. There is the Under the Lights car and bike meet in Lansdale  in June that I plan to attend this year.

Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death. ~Hunter Thompson

'03 Savage bobber. Rebuilt too many times.
  IP Logged
Badass94Cad

This space for rent

Mass-->Jerz-->PA!
Reply #19 - 05/01/13 at 11:46:54

Greg wrote on 05/01/13 at 10:06:13:
Badass94Cad wrote on 05/01/13 at 09:38:55:
Jeff

Jeff, it would be awesome to meet up and ride! I have this fantasy of a Savage biker gang...  Huh

Feel free to join me and some friends at the Meetup on Sunday. Plus, anytime you want to get together, we can always meet somewhere. I am just now putting plans together for riding somewhere on Saturday. I can possibly head out your way.

Greg, unfortunately this Sunday won't work for me; I'll be dog-sitting 3 dogs (in addition to mine!), so I'll have my hands tied...by leashes.  :'(

Saturday, however, is a big car/truck/motorcycle show at my place of business - Dorman Products in Colmar, PA.  The weather is supposed to be beautiful and we'll have tons of vendor booths, giveaways, band, food, etc., so you're more than welcome to come out if you feel like taking a ride.  You'll most likely find me manning the Control Arms booth, or by my lowrider Cadillac.  Shocked

IP Logged
Badass94Cad

This space for rent

Mass-->Jerz-->PA!
Reply #20 - 05/01/13 at 11:54:35

groupus wrote on 05/01/13 at 11:19:03:
Jeff (or may I call you Badass Grin),

1. they are the $60 ebay version. the weld and chrome quality is not the greatest, but it kinda gives it a home made look.
EDIT: I should say that they are probably a bit taller than the stock buckhorns, but certainly narrower, make the bike feel way skinny. good for bopping around town but probably not long highway.

2. stock grips and end caps. I'm amazed those things have survived and I've been able to find them every time i had to gather the bike up off the road.

3. a get together could be fun. I have some friends who live in Berks and I visit frequently enough in the summer. Though, the savage has been retired to local duty since I finished my gl1000 build. There is the Under the Lights car and bike meet in Lansdale  in June that I plan to attend this year.

I KNEW I had seen taller ones like yours before, but I just couldn't find where to buy them.  The Biltwell Keystones have the look, but not the height, that I want.

Keep me posted about the Lansdale show.  I'll have to look into that.  Lansdale is like 5 minutes from my work.  Tongue

IP Logged
groupus

Maintenance is as
much art as it is
science.

PA
Reply #21 - 05/02/13 at 06:12:37

Hey Jeff,
I was looking on ebay and i don't see the bars that i bought listed anymore, just bitwell.

There was this guy though who has some pretty cool bars in different sizes. He has a phone number and email for if you want different sizes, pull back, etc. http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-inch-Bobber-Frisco-1-inch-handle-bars-SOLO-CZ-BARS-...

I'll keep in touch about the shows,  but I also work most weekends.

Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death. ~Hunter Thompson

IP Logged
Badass94Cad

This space for rent

Mass-->Jerz-->PA!
Reply #22 - 05/02/13 at 06:15:49

Those are some nice looking bars.  Thanks for checking!  I hadn't had a chance to get on eBay yet.  Cool

IP Logged
groupus

Maintenance is as
much art as it is
science.

PA
Reply #23 - 05/03/13 at 12:22:01

So looks like I'll be in conshohocken tonight for a friend's birthday.  He seemed interested in riding to Colmar for the car and bike show you mentioned, Jeff. Looks like I might get to meet you tomorrow!

Then back to Lanc for dinner that night and Ephrata in the morning. It'll be a busy and fun weekend!  Grin

IP Logged
Badass94Cad

This space for rent

Mass-->Jerz-->PA!
Reply #24 - 05/03/13 at 13:11:33

Sweet!  The show is free to spectators, or $15 to show your vehicle (goes to charity).  Keep your eyes open for me.  I look like an older version of my avatar, with a beard.  Grin

IP Logged
groupus

Maintenance is as
much art as it is
science.

PA
Reply #25 - 05/03/13 at 16:48:13

Haha cool. I'll ask Cool around the control arms stand

IP Logged
Badass94Cad

This space for rent

Mass-->Jerz-->PA!
Reply #26 - 05/06/13 at 05:03:57

groupus wrote on 05/03/13 at 16:48:13:
Haha cool. I'll ask Cool around the control arms stand

I heard you were looking for me...sorry we never connected.  I was around the car and the booth on and off, definitely drained the batteries with all the bouncing I was doing in the car, but I guess our paths never crossed.  I did catch you on the bike as you were leaving.  Embarrassed  My buddy and I were like "Check out the Savage bobber!"  Grin

IP Logged
groupus

Maintenance is as
much art as it is
science.

PA
Reply #27 - 05/06/13 at 18:36:41

So unfortunately, I missed both my meetups this weekend  Angry I'm pretty bummed about that, but I had great and very busy weekend. The Dorman car show was awesome. There were way more cars than I had expected and all different kinds. I'm sure the show will be a big hit in the future. I'm a pretty big fan of the rusty ratrods and anything that looks like it actually gets driven instead of trailer queens. There was plenty of that, drag cars, and a hill climbing BMW 2002  Cool. I also saw Jeff's Caddy, that has got to be the coolest 90s Cadillac ever!

Then Sunday morning, the church traffic and Amish buggies probably made my trip to Ephrata about 20 minutes longer than I had expected Undecided. I missed the meet time of 9 but there were so many fantastic bikes there. I saw an all electric bike and a built-from-scratch three wheeler (2 up from) made out of a V-Maxx. The best part about that meet is everyone rides the bikes there. And among the sea of Harley's dressed in factory chrome, I managed to find a spot next to one sweet Savage! Nice ride Greg! I love the exhaust and tall forks  Wink

Nice rides guys. This season has just gotten started, so I have little doubt that I will get the change to meet you both again.

IP Logged
Badass94Cad

This space for rent

Mass-->Jerz-->PA!
Reply #28 - 05/07/13 at 05:38:11

HAHA  Nice pics!  Cool

Pics or it sorta happened!  Grin

IP Logged
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Reply #29 - 05/07/13 at 06:27:29

I'm sorry I missed the Dorman car show. I was actually planning on going but life rudely interrupted. It does look like a bad ass Caddy. Maybe the owner can use that as a screen name or something. Smiley

Thanks for the kind comments groupus. I think they made a nice pair there. My dreams of a Savage MC aren't dead yet!

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 21:18:47

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Finished bobber

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.