What do you think? (Read 58 times)
Steve H
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spartanburg, SC
What do you think?
04/29/13 at 16:43:30

I've got a chance to get a 94 savage that's been bobbed with 8500 miles on it for $400.

Biggest problem is: He has the title but, they messed up the reassignment, never got it fixed for the previous owner, now he's the second in the chain to have bill of sale only, if I buy it, I'll be the third and and wondering what kind of mess I'll have to do to get it licensed.

What does everybody think?

Edit:  He has the title to the bike and I would get it with it.  It was just messed up 2 owners ago when they improperly  completed the ownership transfer on the back of it.  The 2 successive owners have never titled the bike.

87 LS650, 2005 Ninja 250, 2009 Yamaha C3, 2001 Honda Reflex. On 2 wheels since 6/80.
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Re: What do you think?
Reply #1 - 04/29/13 at 16:50:44

How difficult will it be to fix the papers? It's worth more than $400 as a parts junker...

Seriously, talk to your dmv before you do anything with it. Some states a b.o.s. is sufficient, in others it will get it confiscated.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Steve H
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spartanburg, SC
Reply #2 - 04/29/13 at 17:00:48

SC is one of those states that will confiscate it, or at least threaten to do so from what I have heard.

I was thinking the same thing.  It's worth more than that price as a parts bike.

87 LS650, 2005 Ninja 250, 2009 Yamaha C3, 2001 Honda Reflex. On 2 wheels since 6/80.
  IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #3 - 04/29/13 at 17:50:08

Buy it and worst case scenario part it out  Wink

Even better offer him $300 LOL   Grin

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
groupus

Maintenance is as
much art as it is
science.

PA
Reply #4 - 04/29/13 at 18:16:41

When I got my 78 goldwing, I got a title signed by the previous, previous owner. I didn't realize it at the time, but the notary wouldn't do anything unless it was signed by him in the presence of a notary.  Him signing it otherwise actually ruined the title. They wanted me to go through contacting him to resign ownership, and if I couldn't, I would have to go through all the hoops of applying for a lost title or whatever. Luckily, I had a friend who was a notary. Knowing now all that crap I would have had to go though, I would have kept looking. Here in PA, you ca not get it fixed easily, unless things are different where you are.

However, I got it for $450 and built a sweet cafe that is a blast. For that savage, offer 300. The engine is worth at least $100, wheels, belt, carb and gas tank make up the rest if you can find a buyer.

Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death. ~Hunter Thompson

'03 Savage bobber. Rebuilt too many times.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 12:34:32

General CategoryThe Cafe › What do you think?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.