Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Stripped Oil Drain Plug (Read 361 times)
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Re: Stripped Oil Drain Plug
Reply #30 - 05/01/13 at 18:57:59

SALB wrote on 05/01/13 at 15:04:54:
gyrobob wrote:
Besides, if the schmagnet is catching chunks of steel, the owner has WAAYYY more problems than trivial discussions like these.  He's headed for some major disassembly.

You just proved my point.  If you're getting more than just fine ferrous paste, it's time to tear down BEFORE it grenades.  I do agree, though, that they're less effective on motorcycles than on older, mostly steel autos.  BTW, if you really want a good picture of what's going on inside your engine, get an oil analysis.  

Proving each others' points doesn't generate much controversy, eh?

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Stripped Oil Drain Plug
Reply #31 - 05/01/13 at 19:17:15

87 savage wrote on 05/01/13 at 15:11:14:
Niether my car nor my Pickup has one, but, almost every snowmobile I've owned had one on the Chaincase dipstick. Although the chaincase on a sled is a small compartment with a lot less moving parts than an engine. I believe the benefit of a magnet is to catch metal pieces before the oil pump can pick it up and send it back through oil galleries and possibly plug them. Huh

Id suggest that its there to protect the oil pump from being slowly eaten or possibly jammed by a lump of miniscule bits jarred loose by a poorly landed triple backflip with a gainer & a full twist.

( Can you BUHleev the stuff people can do today? Just look at the "sexy dancers" on TV from the 70's,, & look at the moves some gals can make today. Look at bicycle, skateboard, motorcycle & car stunts & those blasted X games & jet skis & snow mobiles,, MAN,, people have learned to really DO some crazy stuff)

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/02/24 at 03:26:04

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Stripped Oil Drain Plug

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.