Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
You need a mass shooting. (Read 124 times)
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

You need a mass shooting.
04/29/13 at 09:32:28

Quote:
Not only that, but when he was asked what it will take to pass gun control, Malloy outrageously suggested that pro-gun U.S. Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa)--who helped defeat the anti-gun measures in the Senate--might need a mass-shooting in his home state of Iowa to get him to change his position.

http://www.nraila.org/news-issues/articles/2013/4/outrage-of-the-week-april-2...

Of course the NRA has obviously twisted this direct quote of my own state's governor to suit their own needs because the NRA is evil and conceals or manipulates information.

--Steve

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Re: You need a mass shooting.
Reply #1 - 04/29/13 at 13:00:35

Paraquat wrote on 04/29/13 at 09:32:28:
Quote:
Not only that, but when he was asked what it will take to pass gun control, Malloy outrageously suggested that pro-gun U.S. Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa)--who helped defeat the anti-gun measures in the Senate--might need a mass-shooting in his home state of Iowa to get him to change his position.

http://www.nraila.org/news-issues/articles/2013/4/outrage-of-the-week-april-2...

Of course the NRA has obviously twisted this direct quote of my own state's governor to suit their own needs because the NRA is evil and conceals or manipulates information.

--Steve

I guess it's harder to strip people of their constitutional rights than Liberals expected.

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #2 - 04/29/13 at 18:58:47

The NRA used to be like an extension of "Field And Stream". There was a time the NRA was all about preserving wilderness areas,

They even advised farmers to set up their fence lines so migrating herds of deer would be able to pass.

They were about promoting healthy herds and promoted the idea of father and son spending quality time walking in the woods together. There were even articles on setting up a duck blind and training your dog to fetch the ducks without crushing them.

Now they are nothing but a catalogue of guns with articles about arming up against the government and the United Nations.

The NRA promotes no restrictions on gun availability or ownership
The NRA actively works to repeal any and all gun legislation
The NRA opposes all additional regulation
The NRA coerces legislators by openly *grading* responses to bills
The NRA puts false information in their ads for candidates

The NRA is a Domestic Terrorist Organization.

The NRA tactics are nothing short of terrorism. Probably because they have a combined IQ of a shoe. They are a bull in the china shop while hiding like a coward behind the Constitution.
Virtually every part of the Constitution has reasonable restrictions while still maintaining the spirit and intent of it. It MUST be no different for the second amendment. I am a gun owner and I support the second amendment, but just not unrestrained like the neandertals in the NRA.

The Second Amendment has become an object of idolatry instead of what it is - a flawed document written by flawed human beings at a time when the worst firearms society had were flintlock muzzle-loading pistols and muskets with very questionable accuracy. There is no way the Founders could have foreseen AK-47's or AR-15's.

The "militia" clause has been stood on its head by crackpots who buy survivalists junk at their local Army/Navy, blast hell out of their back 40, listen to Limbaugh, watch Fux, and call themselves a "militia." We've had enough of that here in Michigan.

The "militia" IS:

The Army and Air National Guard
The Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps and Coast Guard Reserve
Legally-constituted State Guards controlled by State Governors and Adjutants-General.

Buying an AR-15 and joining the NRA does not make you part of "a well-regulated Militia."

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 04/29/13 at 19:27:55

Change NRA and the topic of the rights specifically laid out in the constitution to Planned Parenthood and the made up ‘right to kill a child’ and Star’s rant would reads the same…..

The Army and Air National Guard
The Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps and Coast Guard Reserve
Legally-constituted State Guards controlled by State Governors and Adjutants-General.

and you are simply wrong on that. The meaning of the 2nd Amendment at the time it was written by the writers and leaders of the time is not debatable. read what they wrote at the time. Stop listening to MSNBC or at least whip the Chris Matthews spittle off your screen... The "people"
made up the militia and was considered the last line of defense should be country be overrun or should the federal government turn against her citizens. That's what the writers said it meant. If that happens, you and I will fight to save her.

Now, if you want to change that, fine. Work on an amendment, but you cannot just change the meaning of what it meant when it was written.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 04/29/13 at 19:38:07

"Firearms stand next in importance to the constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence … from the hour the Pilgrims landed to the present day, events, occurences and tendencies prove that to ensure peace security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable … the very atmosphere of firearms anywhere restrains evil interference — they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."
George Washington
First President of the United States

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Co-author of the Second Amendment
during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788

"Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? Where is the difference between having our arms in possession and under our direction and having them under the management of Congress? If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?"
Patrick Henry
American Patriot

These are a few I found. Certainly, some of these could me misquotes, but I found them on a few different cites so I'll make the assumption they are on the whole, accurate. Point is, the writers and the leaders at the time knew exactly what the 2nd amendment meant.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #5 - 04/29/13 at 20:07:27

Webby: Planned parenthood was started to kill black babies in the 30's. It was an extension of the eugenics program.
Look it up. They changed their charter in the 80's or somewhere about there to provide family planning for the less affluent (including contraception ... or do you not believe in that either).

What ever the NRA used to be ... NRA is now a defacto errand boy of the gun companies. They are in business to sell guns ... and they do that by fanning the fear and paranoia that then leads the masses to run and buy guns.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #6 - 04/29/13 at 22:29:13

Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer Signs Bill Banning Destruction Of Guns Surrendered At Buyback Events

Source: Associated Press

PHOENIX — Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer has signed a bill into law that bars cities and counties from destroying guns turned over to police at community buyback events and instead requiring that they be resold.

The bill signed Monday was supported by Republicans and the National Rifle Association and opposed by Democrats.

Backers in the GOP-controlled Legislature argued that destroying any property turned over to the government is a waste of taxpayer resources.

Democrats argued that destroying the guns keep weapons owners no longer want off the streets.

The people of Arizona have my condolences, those who did not vote for her and those who, in their ignorance did.

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #7 - 04/29/13 at 23:01:30

"The made up ‘right to kill a child’ and Star’s rant would reads the same"… WM

There’s a lot of terms floating around that people use to describe themselves when they want to make their position sound more appealing, even if those terms are a completely (and very deliberately) misleading. One such lie term is “pro-life.”

John Fugelsang said it best:

<snip>

“Only in America can you be pro-death penalty, pro-war, pro-unmanned drone bombs, pro-nuclear weapons, pro-guns, pro-torture, pro-land mines, and still call yourself ‘pro-life.’” Indeed, the term “pro-life” has come to represent a group of people whose values have nothing to do with protecting life, and living people, and more to do with protecting unborn fetuses to the exclusion of all other considerations.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 04/30/13 at 04:59:49

Webby: Planned parenthood was started to kill black babies in the 30's. It was an extension of the eugenics program.
Look it up. They changed their charter in the 80's or somewhere about there to provide family planning for the less affluent (including contraception ... or do you not believe in that either).

yes, I knew how Planned Parenthood was started. The question is; do most supporters really understand their origins? My guess is no.

They changed their charter in the 80's to make more money killing unborn babies. they used the phrase 'family planning' to fool people like you and star into thinking they are something they are not. It's a little tough to talk about family planning when part of the plan is to suck the brains out of one member of the family who's birth is not convenient at the time. some plan for that little girl...

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 04/30/13 at 05:01:26

The people of Arizona have my condolences, those who did not vote for her and those who, in their ignorance did.

pretty sure the people of Arizona don't want your condolences....

and yea for Jan Brewer. Sometimes the best man for a job is a woman...
(now at least know who got Obama's balls.....)

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 04/30/13 at 05:03:09

and I see not one comment about the actual meaning of the 2nd amendment. It means what it says. we, the people, are the militia. our right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

you want to change that, start working on a constitutional amendment rather than take the cowardly way (and typical liberal way) by changing the meanings of the words...

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #11 - 04/30/13 at 09:37:13

WebsterMark wrote on 04/30/13 at 05:03:09:
and I see not one comment about the actual meaning of the 2nd amendment. It means what it says. we, the people, are the militia. our right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

you want to change that, start working on a constitutional amendment rather than take the cowardly way (and typical liberal way) by changing the meanings of the words...

It does say we the people are militia, but it also says no standing army ... or have you comepletely glazed over that ?

We can have guns and there will be no army.
If there is an army ... the second amendment is already broken ...

And it has been for 100+ years ...

Why are you not crowing about that ... yea ... its not convenient to your not wanting to change having guns ...

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 04/30/13 at 10:10:39

that is just not even remotely close to being the truth.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #13 - 04/30/13 at 11:38:02

WebsterMark wrote on 04/30/13 at 10:10:39:

that is just not even remotely close to being the truth.

Wow ... so you're saying that is not in the amendment ... or what else ?
Read the whole amendment and get back to me.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 04/30/13 at 15:20:02

no; I've read it. I understand it.
Sorry you do not.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 23:04:46

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › You need a mass shooting.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.