carb rejetting (Read 70 times)
ajhoff83
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Madison, WI
carb rejetting
04/28/13 at 15:44:16

Anyone have any experience with the exhaust form Blue collar Bobbers? It seems after putting it on its running lean (loud pop after I turn it off). I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with what jet sizes to switch it to to fix this?

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: carb rejetting
Reply #1 - 04/28/13 at 15:53:59

What jets do you have in the carb now ?The Blue Collar Bobbers muffler (drag pipe in disguise really), which has a small token baffle in it, offers very little back pressure and can be difficult to tune just like a traditional drag pipe.  Another member here was jetting/tuning one with the BCB muffler and I believe he ended up using a #55 pilot & #155 main jet, along with 3 washers on the needle in place of the white spacer.  If I am not remembering that correctly perhaps he will provide info if he sees this thread.

IP Logged
SALB
Serious Thumper

FSO

Whittier, AK
Reply #2 - 04/28/13 at 16:15:09

I got a BCB drag pipe off eBay on the cheap.  I only had to go up one size on both the pilot and main from stock.  Elevation around 3000 ft.  Make sure you don't have any exhaust leaks and the idle is at least 1000rpm.

IP Logged
ajhoff83
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Madison, WI
Reply #3 - 04/29/13 at 19:57:07

thanks all! i have the stock jets on. not sure how to tell my tach speed since I dont have one :/

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/02/24 at 03:18:20

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › carb rejetting

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.