Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Front pulley bearing? Chain slack? (Read 52 times)
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Front pulley bearing? Chain slack?
04/28/13 at 07:22:12

Hello and does anyone have the part number for the bearing of the front pulley? I can't tell which one it is from the parts diagram and I don't have my bike apart so i don't know what it looks like.

Also, how much chain slack is good on the sidestand?

Thanks, much appreciated!

Is it 09262-20089?

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Front pulley bearing? Chain slack?
Reply #1 - 04/28/13 at 07:38:23

I might help to know if your bike is a 4 or 5 speed.....what year?

I looked up a 2007 which is a 5 speed...you want the bearing shown as #31 in this diagram.  You can see the pulley is #35, and the bearing #31 is the bearing closest to the pulley.
http://www.hondaofflorence.com/fiche_section_detail.asp?section=432125&catego...

For the 4 speed model I looked up a 1987 bike.  You want the bearing shown on the diagram as # 28, the pulley is shown as # 32.
http://www.hondaofflorence.com/fiche_section_detail.asp?section=82333&categor...

You do realize you need to split the cases to replace this bearing?

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #2 - 04/28/13 at 08:14:48

It's a 5 speed, part 09262-25125.. thanks, I was looking at the wrong page aha.. yeah I cant pull it apart if thats the problem.. is there anyway to tell if the bearing is damaged without visual inspection?

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #3 - 04/28/13 at 09:39:18

What has you concerned about that bearing?

What symptoms are you experiencing?

I don't think I have ever heard of anyone ruining that bearing...but I suppose it is possible if you had the belt or chain too tight.

IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #4 - 04/28/13 at 09:52:04

I possibly had the chain too tight, and there was alot of grease looking crap, kinda tan/brown that was sprayed all over the inside area of the pulley cover.. seems like a little power loss. Is there anyway to check that bearing?

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #5 - 04/28/13 at 10:03:45

The best you can do is listen for noise, and see if there is any up and down/forward back play in the bearing.

Having a lot of oily, dusty, dirty junk inside the cover......pretty typical for a bike with a chain!  The are messty, and the oil tends to get thrown off at the front since the radius is tight and the oil gets thrown off as the chain spins around the sprocket.

Tightness......the chain will be tightest when the rear axle, swing arm pivot point and front sprocket are all in a straight line.  You want the chain snug when it is in the "all lined up" position....and if you have the stock shocks that is probably about where the supspension would be if you sat on the seat.  You a little bit of up/down play in the the chain - but not enough that it flops around while riding.  Check the RYCA instructions on YouTube or their website...they may have something about the tightness of the chain....however the RYCA has longer shocks and the chain becomes much tighter on the RYCA as the supsension moves down.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/02/24 at 05:26:22

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Front pulley bearing? Chain slack?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.