Riding Gear (Read 97 times)
groupus

Maintenance is as
much art as it is
science.

PA
Riding Gear
04/26/13 at 11:40:29

I just got my new helmet in the mail: an XL KBC full face for less than $50. Great helmet, still a little snug, but I was rocking a 20 year old Large Shoei before that and it was a bit too small for my dome.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/14/67/905/38243/ITEM/KBC-VR-Helmet.aspx

Now, I've been looking for a good pair of over-pants to wear since I ride a lot. I'm tired of wearing an oversized pair of jeans in the summer and snowboarding pants in the winter. Besides, those don't actually provide much protection at all. I need something that will fit over my work clothes, is easy onand off, and is vented for the summer but also somewhat weather resistant (aka not mesh). Does anyone have any suggestions for riding pants in the under $150 range (I know that's low, but there are lots available at http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/14/67/908/1/0/0/DEPARTMENT/Street-Motorc...). suggestions are appreciated!

FYI, I was looking specifically at these that have 2 different liners. I have no experience with riding pants before.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/14/67/908/29941/ITEM/AGV-Sport-Telluride...

Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death. ~Hunter Thompson

'03 Savage bobber. Rebuilt too many times.
  IP Logged
paulmarshall
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Carterton,New Zealand
Re: Riding Gear
Reply #1 - 04/26/13 at 11:51:48

I don't think you can go wrong with the pants you have shown here. Generally this material is very good at keeping you dry while giving good ventilation.
A Lot of this sort of riding gear comes with built in armour.
I however am old school and wear leather pants. which is not much use in heavy rain, Which I avoid like the plague where possible. Smiley

IP Logged
groupus

Maintenance is as
much art as it is
science.

PA
Reply #2 - 04/29/13 at 08:47:09

Thanks! I've just never had experience with the breathe-ability or weather resistance of typical riding pants.

It seems like the waterproof liner implies that the outside will get wet but won't get through(?)

Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death. ~Hunter Thompson

IP Logged
dinsdale

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Ottawa, Canada
Reply #3 - 04/29/13 at 10:35:39

I wear the Tourmaster Venture Air pants.
Buy a lot of gear from these guys.
http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street/pants/mesh_pants/tour_master/venture_air...

Their review is accurate.
The pants are pretty bulky in cold weather set up with waterproof liner and padded liner but worth it to ride comfortably in cold weather.

Waterproof liners in gear means you stay mostly dry and the outer layers get soaked. Not great for a week of rain but good for occasional days of rain.
If it's going to be a very wet week, I'll wear a waterproof rain suit over my gear.

IP Logged
groupus

Maintenance is as
much art as it is
science.

PA
Reply #4 - 04/29/13 at 17:56:49

Ooooooh, I like that mesh with the weather proof and insulated liner. Makes sense for a riding in the summer and in cooler weather. I don't commute on rainy days, but it would be nice to have a water proof liner that you can keep in a bag for if rain pops up on a long trip. Which seems to happen a lot  Tongue

IP Logged
dinsdale

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Ottawa, Canada
Reply #5 - 04/30/13 at 13:39:38

It also works great on days that it is cold in morning and hot in afternoon.
Breaks the wind so you stay warmer.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 12:27:35

General CategoryThe Cafe › Riding Gear

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.