Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Turn Signal Notification (Read 65 times)
YoungSavage

everyone knows I'm
home by the KA-POW!

Monterey, California
Turn Signal Notification
04/26/13 at 10:05:43

Morning all, Afternoon to some!

I was looking around last night and saw this really cool LED turn signal mod, and only saw it once I think here. Anybody have any detailed info on how to do it, and if you could put it onto a windshield to make it more visible? I wear a full face so seeing the speedo and turn signal lights can be......well impossible without taking my eyes completely off the road. That's a no no around here. Saw some info here

http://www.st-owners.com/forums/showthread.php?32074-ACL-Laser-Turn-Signal-Re...!

Didn't have any real info about the splicing though.
Thanks!

Young

1988 Stock, mixture screw out 2 turns, seat lift mod, elevation= sea level, main jet=155 pilot jet=55
  IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Re: Turn Signal Notification
Reply #1 - 04/26/13 at 10:15:29

Get two of the stick on 5 LED 12volt strips.  Stick 'em where you can see 'em.  Hook them up to the turn signals inside the headlight shell.
(I use them too.  They sit on the top of the risers.)

The easy way to hook them up is to disconnect the bullet connector for the turn signal wires, run the wire for the LED through the middle of the male bullet and up the side, then plug it back in to the female)

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
YoungSavage

everyone knows I'm
home by the KA-POW!

Monterey, California
Reply #2 - 04/26/13 at 10:27:05

How easy is it to see while on the risers? That seems much easier than I thought it would be! No crazy splicing or electrical work. Did you mount the LED's with double sided 3M or something?

1988 Stock, mixture screw out 2 turns, seat lift mod, elevation= sea level, main jet=155 pilot jet=55
  IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #3 - 04/26/13 at 10:33:05

YoungSavage wrote on 04/26/13 at 10:27:05:
How easy is it to see while on the risers? That seems much easier than I thought it would be! No crazy splicing or electrical work. Did you mount the LED's with double sided 3M or something?

They get my attention.. usually  Roll Eyes  
Yep. used the 3m gray double sided sticky.  
I tried the windscreen, didn't like it.  
Tried the mirrors, didn't like that.  
Your best bet is just to leave plenty of wire and move them around until they suit what will get your attention.

I also have a beeper on one of the bikes.  That (and other ideas) are referenced in this thread:
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1285772416

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
YoungSavage

everyone knows I'm
home by the KA-POW!

Monterey, California
Reply #4 - 04/26/13 at 10:43:17

So is the "most correct" way to do it, as you said inside the bullet connectors in the headlight? that seems one of the simplest as well with out being what seems a short waiting to happen.

IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #5 - 04/26/13 at 11:03:58

YoungSavage wrote on 04/26/13 at 10:43:17:
So is the "most correct" way to do it, as you said inside the bullet connectors in the headlight? that seems one of the simplest as well with out being what seems a short waiting to happen.

Yes, that is the easiest and safest place to hook up the LEDs.

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/02/24 at 07:16:04

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Turn Signal Notification

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.