Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
head and taillight not working, brakinglight works (Read 126 times)
RobSchneider

what?

Re: head and taillight not working, brakinglight w
Reply #15 - 04/23/13 at 16:37:30

Dave wrote on 04/23/13 at 11:00:08:
OK....Found the wiring diagram in the tech section.
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1294779818

If you disconnected the harness and started jumping wires at the connector still on the frame.....this is what the wires do:

yellow wire is the headlight high beam
white wire is the headlight low beam
the black wire with the white stripe aqppears to be a ground that is run through the safety switch system (clutch, sidestand, kill switch, neutral)

It appears to me you should connect the large yellow wire to the orange wire to get power to the headlight, then connect the black whire with the white tracer to the headlight ground....the wiring diagram does not show that wire coming back throug the connector at the frame - so it may have gone from the handlebar control and then over to the headlight.

The wiring diagram indicates that a brown wire takes power from the switch back to the tail light and license plate light, and a black wire with a white tracer grounds it......and this ground is once again run through the saftey switch circuit.  If neither of these is working.....it could be your safety switch circuit is not functioning.  You should check and see if you are getting electricity to the tail light.....then check to see if you are getting a ground there as well.

Thanks a bunch Dave!

I foun out that the orange wire was the right one, the grey wire in the connector is the rearlight! So I put those two together, now it's all working!

Thanks again!

@87 savage
I'm from the Netherlands, it's an old bike an not required to have blinkers. Horn and highbeam are required but I just don't want them...

Follow me on twitter @BikerChicken
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #16 - 04/23/13 at 18:34:42

Your welcome.  I am wiring my Cafe' conversion at the moment, and the wiring is my current project.....so it is fresh on my mind.

Here in the US......we need blinkers, horns....anything at all to try and keep from getting run over!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
87 savage

Gone riding!

Maine
Reply #17 - 04/24/13 at 04:52:51

Dave wrote on 04/23/13 at 18:34:42:
Here in the US......we need blinkers, horns....anything at all to try and keep from getting run over!

Yup, and often it's still not enough. It's like we are invisible.

His: 1987 LS650F stock except for 98 engine, Dyna muffler. Hers: 2008 S40 with factory bags, windshield and sissybar.
  IP Logged
RobSchneider

what?

Reply #18 - 04/24/13 at 06:10:09

87 savage wrote on 04/24/13 at 04:52:51:
Dave wrote on 04/23/13 at 18:34:42:

Yup, and often it's still not enough. It's like we are invisible.

Safety first guys, Luckily the traffic over here is a lot more structurated than America... But still I need to watch my back ofcourse!
Blinkers are not required, but if you don't have one you have to show your handsCheesy

Follow me on twitter @BikerChicken
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/02/24 at 05:38:36

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › head and taillight not working, brakinglight works

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.