Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
400cc Jap import speedo (Read 131 times)
SteveBless
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

400cc Jap import speedo
04/22/13 at 09:57:18

Hi, Does anyone know what the speed warning light on the speedo is for?. I have not yet rode my bike so I haven't got a clue what its for.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: 400cc Jap import speedo
Reply #1 - 04/22/13 at 10:10:38

We don't have one on the 650.
Maybe the owners manual for the 400 will explain it.

WWW   IP Logged
paulmarshall
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Carterton,New Zealand
Reply #2 - 04/22/13 at 11:54:50

Its there to tell you that you are speeding. Wink Back in the day when our top speed limit was 80 km h, There were vehicles mainly cars that would give off a horrible sound when speeding.Pull the bulb out if it bothers you.
Speed limit now is 100kph, I would prefer it to be 110 or 120 especially open roads.

IP Logged
paulmarshall
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Carterton,New Zealand
Reply #3 - 04/22/13 at 12:08:25

verslagen1 wrote on 04/22/13 at 10:10:38:

If you can find a manual. I cant anywhere on the planet. Angry Not that I need one as I replaced my 400 donk with a 650.
Tell you what if anyone could find a 400 manual they would be worth there weight in gold. Unless you are pulling apart the engine the 650 manual works just fine.

IP Logged
wambr
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Russia, Samara
Reply #4 - 04/22/13 at 22:07:59

on my Savage the light bulb is not and will never light flashed.

Yeah, it's not bigtwin, but it is the best half of it
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #5 - 04/22/13 at 23:02:17

If mine had one,... and it ever flashed....
I would be ,... sooooooo... proud.... Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #6 - 04/22/13 at 23:16:49

Paul, I will disagree somewhat on your interpretation of the bleeper. The New Zealand speed limit was lowered from 100 kph to 80 kph following the oil crisis in the aftermath of the Yom Kippur war of 1972?. At the time there weren't any Jap imports to speak of in our country and virtually no speed warning bleepers existed in vehicles. The bleepers first appeared when second hand Jap imports were allowed after 1984. The first Savage 400's to come here probably had them as stock. It would be interesting to know where SteveBless is from.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
wambr
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Russia, Samara
Reply #7 - 04/23/13 at 00:16:57

can quite be and so... I don't have the full information . just on my "baby" this is not

IP Logged
SteveBless
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 04/23/13 at 01:10:28

jcstokes wrote on 04/22/13 at 23:16:49:
Paul, I will disagree somewhat on your interpretation of the bleeper. The New Zealand speed limit was lowered from 100 kph to 80 kph following the oil crisis in the aftermath of the Yom Kippur war of 1972?. At the time there weren't any Jap imports to speak of in our country and virtually no speed warning bleepers existed in vehicles. The bleepers first appeared when second hand Jap imports were allowed after 1984. The first Savage 400's to come here probably had them as stock. It would be interesting to know where SteveBless is from.

I live in the UK. The bike has been imported, and I have yet to register it. I bought a MPH speedo from ebay, it was located in the US, so I know I will have to disconnect the bulb. I just wondered what it was. My Fiat 500 I used to have had a warning beep which you could set, so I had a bit of an idea. I need to get the thing on the road with the original KMH speedo and see when it comes on. Not sure when its going on the road though. I am enjoying working on it.

IP Logged
SteveBless
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 04/23/13 at 01:16:00

paulmarshall wrote on 04/22/13 at 12:08:25:

If you can find a manual. I cant anywhere on the planet. Angry Not that I need one as I replaced my 400 donk with a 650.
Tell you what if anyone could find a 400 manual they would be worth there weight in gold. Unless you are pulling apart the engine the 650 manual works just fine.

Hi Paul, I got a reply from my mate in Japan about info on the 400cc. He said it may take him a couple of weeks and he will start to ask questions and do a bit of research. I may be able to get a manual but it will be in Japanese. My daughter took Japanese at school so we could get it interpreted. Or my mate in Japan (he is English by the way) could get it done depending on what we need to interpret. Just a thought! Smiley

IP Logged
paulmarshall
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Carterton,New Zealand
Reply #10 - 04/23/13 at 11:51:12

SteveBless wrote on 04/23/13 at 01:16:00:
paulmarshall wrote on 04/22/13 at 12:08:25:

Hi Paul, I got a reply from my mate in Japan about info on the 400cc. He said it may take him a couple of weeks and he will start to ask questions and do a bit of research. I may be able to get a manual but it will be in Japanese. My daughter took Japanese at school so we could get it interpreted. Or my mate in Japan (he is English by the way) could get it done depending on what we need to interpret. Just a thought! Smiley

SteveBless any info would be great thanks

IP Logged
paulmarshall
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Carterton,New Zealand
Reply #11 - 04/23/13 at 11:57:39

jcstokes wrote on 04/22/13 at 23:16:49:

Yes mate you are right about the Jap imports and the speed warning bleepers, I didn't explain myself very well earlier. I was trying to explain that we had cars that once use to tell use that we were speeding. Sorry I should have mentioned they were from Japan.I did not know our speed limit use to be 100kmh prier to 1972.I was alive but not driving at the age of 5. Cheesy
However SteveBless that is a warning speed light and just pull that sucker out.

IP Logged
wambr
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Russia, Samara
Reply #12 - 04/23/13 at 22:15:18

on our forum, in Russia, someone wrote that this lamp illuminates when the transmission 5 and at speeds of more than 100 or 120 km/h. but, unfortunately, neither in the wiring diagrams or on microfiche for LS400 I anything intelligible not found... there is light, there is a wire to it, but where this wire is connected-it is not clear... maybe to ignitor...

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/02/24 at 07:27:23

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › 400cc Jap import speedo

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.