Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Suzuki savage clocked at 120 mph! (Read 530 times)
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Re: Suzuki savage clocked at 120 mph!
Reply #15 - 04/21/13 at 17:18:07

pcollins wrote on 04/21/13 at 17:04:06:
Once I figure out how to blurr out my personal info, I'll attach a copy of the arrest report. Think I'm going to frame it.

Scan it in or take a photo of it, then use MS Paint to draw a thick black line over your personal info.  Easy as pie.

R.F.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #16 - 04/21/13 at 17:57:22

Did the cop tell you you were doing 120, but he'd only write you up for 90 cos he's such a nice guy ?
If so, you'd really really have a hard time beating the 90 mph speeding/reckless ticket.

However if he wrote you up for 120, easy and all these suggestions above are good.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #17 - 04/21/13 at 19:46:15

pcollins wrote on 04/21/13 at 17:04:06:
Once I figure out how to blurr out my personal info, I'll attach a copy of the arrest report. Think I'm going to frame it.

It Should be "framed",, you were

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #18 - 04/21/13 at 19:47:20

Take it & have it dyno'ed.. show the judge it cant get to 120

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #19 - 04/21/13 at 19:59:36

Get a good lawyer, hire a professional driver, take the judge to the track and prove it cannot be done....then sue the hell out of the city.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #20 - 04/21/13 at 21:52:38

Might pay to see if Suzuki Japan and/or Suzuki America think it's possible , but if you were exceeding a posted limit it might be hard to sue hell out of the city or state. Send the judge to an MSF? course if he can't ride and then let him/her attempt it.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #21 - 04/21/13 at 22:25:51

I swear,.. I've seen somewhere, a somewhat "official" top speed of 88mph stated for a stock Savage...
Also,.. a chart listing specs and performance for a variety of tested bikes, showing the Savage not capable of 0-100mph times...
I searched, and can't locate it now... but, if anyone can find such info post a link...
Bringing a few, or even just one such piece of evidence to court, will beat this charge...

You don't have to prove you were doing 90mph... just that you couldn't possibly have been doing 120mph...
... and the whole thing will be thrown out...
So,.. don't even admit that you were speeding... just prove you couldn't have been going 120mph...

Those numbers are out there, on the net...  You/we just need to find them...
Huh...

...(So very odd,... trying to prove that my bike can't do 100mph)...  
... but, it can't... and I've tried...  Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #22 - 04/21/13 at 23:05:22

jcstokes wrote on 04/21/13 at 21:52:38:
Might pay to see if Suzuki Japan and/or Suzuki America think it's possible , but if you were exceeding a posted limit it might be hard to sue hell out of the city or state. Send the judge to an MSF? course if he can't ride and then let him/her attempt it.

I'd be sueing them for extortion... pay the fee for top speed bike can do over the limit, the case against the city for extoring monies illegally from its citizens would probably get the ticket reduced or dropped and a little cash on the side to keep your mouth shut or for the heart attack it almost caused you to have when you seen the 120mph ticket.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #23 - 04/21/13 at 23:20:00

IP Logged
12Bravo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mid-Missouri
Reply #24 - 04/22/13 at 06:20:19

All good advice about printing out the specs. I hit 95 once on my S40 on level ground but that was with a good tail wind.

I got pulled over while on my Suzuki Burgman 650 and was told by the officer that I was doing 95mph. I looked at my bike and then to the officer and asked if he really believed that I was going 95 on a scooter. He shook his head and let me go without a ticket.

By the way, the Burgman 650 is capable of going over 100mph  Grin

No Child Should Live In Fear!!!
'Keepers of the children'
http://www.bacaworld.org

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #25 - 04/22/13 at 08:28:49

I checked on the websites suggested and it seems my 1988 4-sp. is only declared good for 27HP and 127Km/h, that's 79 mph...

The later S40 5-sp is declared good for 32HP and some 94 mph...

But methinks those are theoretical speeds obtained with a pocket calculator (i.e. top gear at max rpms) not on a test track.

There's no way a bike with only 32HP and pull-back handlebars could reach 97 mph...  Lips Sealed much less 120 mph...

HEY ! IDEA ! Ask and High School physics teacher how much HP you would need to push the bike to 120mph, he'll do some maths and declare... 47HP, or whatever, which MUST be higher than 32.
The bike only has 32, so it's scientifically impossible it could have been clocked at 120 !

Anyway, the point is to debunk the 120 mph charge, not to "make a deal" for 90...  Wink

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #26 - 04/22/13 at 10:06:19

Anyway, the point is to debunk the 120 mph charge, not to "make a deal" for 90...

Read & repeat till it is 100% ingrained in your brain,,

IP Logged
MiCTLaN

O_o

Winter Haven, FL
Reply #27 - 04/22/13 at 10:34:29

mpescatori wrote on 04/22/13 at 08:28:49:
Anyway, the point is to debunk the 120 mph charge, not to "make a deal" for 90...  Wink

That.  Exactly that.  Admit nothing other than the fact that it is literally impossible for your motorcycle to break 100mph, let alone 120.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #28 - 04/22/13 at 11:44:23

I fought a speeding ticket once...and won.  I thought the speed limit was 35 and was clocked at 37....the office said it was a 25 mph zone.  I did not remember seeing any sign that listed, and when I went back and looked at the area I found a 25 mph sign that was twisted on the telephone pole so that it was facing the sidealk - not the street.  This sign was midway between the 35 mph signs.  I took a photo with me to court that showed the 35 mph signs and the 25 mph sign so the judge would understand what was going on.

I asked an attorney friend how to submit the evidence.  He suggested that when they asked me how I pleaded....that I should respond "Your honor I would like to submit evidence to the prosecutor that may dismiss the case".  When I did that everyone looked up.....that was not the normal routine.  When the prosecutor saw the photos,  he dropped the charges and htey dismissed the case.  A week later the sign was repaired.  It did cost me several hours of preparation and time in court....but I had far more time than money back then. (I still don't have much money - but I have even less time).

My suggestion is to take published data that shows the tops speed is way below 120 mph.  A real factory flyer from the Suzuki dealer is going to be more believable than something you print off internet.  If ou do print something off the internet.....make it look as believable as possible.  You may also have to prove your bike is stock.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #29 - 04/22/13 at 22:20:15

pcollins wrote on 04/21/13 at 17:05:09:
Stock 2007 LS650. No mods.

Post your court date and I am sure some of us would like to be there.  I know I would be there if it is within 100 miles of my home.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 12:29:26

General CategoryThe Cafe › Suzuki savage clocked at 120 mph!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.