Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Check this dude out he is CRAZY (Read 223 times)
paulmarshall
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Carterton,New Zealand
Check this dude out he is CRAZY
04/19/13 at 12:43:00

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Re: Check this dude out he is CRAZY
Reply #1 - 04/19/13 at 13:07:06

Proof counter steering is the way to steer a bike. Roll Eyes

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 04/19/13 at 13:10:37

must turn like a dump truck

WWW   IP Logged
45acp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

on a shooting range in OK.
Reply #3 - 04/19/13 at 13:17:36

that guy is nuckin futs. i could have crushed coal into diamonds just watching him.

shoot fast. reload faster.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 04/19/13 at 13:58:07

Bill,, I can ride a bicycle w/o hands, as long as Im not trying to hustle thru any corners. If I want to see how fast I can run thru a corner I Will counter steer,,
And
So
Will
You..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
apache snow-FSO
Serious Thumper

Reply #5 - 04/19/13 at 14:00:16

I believe we all counter steer a bike with out thinking about it. Smiley

2012 Honda Shadow Spirit

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #6 - 04/19/13 at 21:46:43

Yep,, But Bill doesnt believe that.He believes that every action is a rationally decidewd on action. What he doesnt understand is that on the very day we finally learned how to see saw the bars on the bicycle Juuust right so we could stay up & go "In a straight line" we were actually steering the front end very gently back & forth under our center of gravity & Counter steering our way down th road,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
JRLeathercraft

I'm not a biker, I
just own one.

Reply #7 - 04/20/13 at 11:32:09

Remember Indian larry?

Live the sword, die by the sword.

Just one mistake and man this guy would be hurting.

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #8 - 04/20/13 at 14:37:29

JRLeathercraft wrote on 04/20/13 at 11:32:09:
Remember Indian larry?

Live the sword, die by the sword.

Just one mistake and man this guy would be hurting.

This might have been released posthumously as some sort of tribute...just sayin'

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #9 - 04/20/13 at 15:33:03

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 04/19/13 at 21:46:43:
Yep,, But Bill doesnt believe that.He believes that every action is a rationally decidewd on action. What he doesnt understand is that on the very day we finally learned how to see saw the bars on the bicycle Juuust right so we could stay up & go "In a straight line" we were actually steering the front end very gently back & forth under our center of gravity & Counter steering our way down th road,

JOG 40 years of riding and never crashed,My wife learned to ride a motorcycle,Over 40000 miles she rode her own motorcycle, we never even talked about how to steer it.She never crashed either.There are 5 ways to steer a motorcycle counter steer in only one of the  ways.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #10 - 04/20/13 at 19:54:06

Well, we have all pretty much figured out that once Bill makes up his mind about something he won't change it despite loads of evidence to the contrary.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
Jiggyfly

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 04/21/13 at 21:30:56

bill67 wrote on 04/20/13 at 15:33:03:

JOG 40 years of riding and never crashed,My wife learned to ride a motorcycle,Over 40000 miles she rode her own motorcycle, we never even talked about how to steer it.She never crashed either.There are 5 ways to steer a motorcycle counter steer in only one of the  ways.

tell that to my triceps as they burn on the exit of the chicane at Daytona......with me feeling the muscle strain as I counter-steer the whole time. Yeah, you can turn a motorcycle with out using your hands as well..... now do it and watch which way the bars initially turn! weight the pegs.... do whatever.... but when its time to really have some steering inputs, or midcorner adjustments..... theres only one way thats happening. I'll argue with you if you'll tell me about you going through the carousel at Road America in 4th gear on a Honda RS125 gp bike.....  Grin Wink

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #12 - 04/22/13 at 09:18:51

This guy had incredible balance, and is very  adventurous.  There will come a day when that talent is wasted......you can't keep doing this and get away with it indefinitely.  A pothole, stray dog or cow.....and BAM!

And yep....no countersteering here!  Just a lazy barely effective leaning going on... you can tell because the movement to correct the path is very gradual and slow.....even on a light scooter.

For those of you that don't believe that "counter steering" works and is how you ride....... try either of the following:

1)  Get up to a speed that is smooth and steady and without any strong wind.  At a steady speed....relax the death grip on the handlebars and take your left hand off the bar.....and put your left index finger behind the left grip.....and put some pressure on the grip with your finger.  You will find that steering "right" by pushing forward on the left grip......will make the motorcycle steer to the left.  I don't like the word "countersteer" as you really are not turning the bars the opposite direction - but you are putting pressure on the handlebars in the opposite direction for the way it will actually turn.
-OR-
Find a dashed line somewhere, and try to weave in and out of the dashed lines without putting any pressure on the handlebars.  Just grip the bars lightly in our fingers and use your butt on the seat or feet on the footpegs to turn quickly.....and you will learn that you can't turn quickly without input on the handlebars.

The truth is......we push the handlebars away from the curve to make the bike lean over and start around the curve. - then we push the handlebars into the curve to make the bike stand back up and go straight.  (I didn't believe this the first time I heard it.....but get on your bike and play with the handlebars by intentionally pushing on them one way and then the other.....and you will become a believer).
This is probably a wasted post however......unless you have an open mind and are willing to try something new.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #13 - 04/22/13 at 14:20:29

I tried counter steering,I can see why people crash when counter steering and some unsuspecting thing happens and they have to change direction fast,Thats why I don't counter steer.5 ways to steer a motorcycle do the one you like thats what I do.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
apache snow-FSO
Serious Thumper

Reply #14 - 04/22/13 at 15:52:37

Yeah, you counter steer, you just may not realize it.

2012 Honda Shadow Spirit

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 12:30:45

General CategoryThe Cafe › Check this dude out he is CRAZY

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.