Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Old vs. New Handlebars: (Read 110 times)
adj_jaker
YaBB Newbies

"Another Dumb
Joke"

Lewisburg, Pa
Old vs. New Handlebars:
04/19/13 at 06:13:32

Has anyone have any helpful opinions on handlebars for the S40?  I have a 2009, and the straight bars are okay, but i'm wondering why did they change it?  I would love to put the older style handlebars on my bike.  I think it's looks better and I would imagine more comfortable. Any of you agree or not?  Thanks!  Wink

I like to keep things simple..

2009 Stock_White/Silver.
ckyjacobcky   IP Logged
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Re: Old vs. New Handlebars:
Reply #1 - 04/19/13 at 06:21:02

I went the other way. I changed from the buckhorns to the new style. The new style is so much more comfortable for me. The buckhorns held my wrists at a strange angle which was not conducive to long rides. Mini apes would probably be comfortable and I was considering those but made a different decision.

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
00savage
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Franklin, PA
Reply #2 - 04/19/13 at 08:12:59

I also went the other way. I agree the buckhorns have your wrists at an odd angle. If you really want to try them i'll be more than happy to give you a set. P.m. me if you want them.

IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #3 - 04/19/13 at 08:36:34

It's a personal preference, the bike, riding style and body shape all play into what works best for any individual.  I've had a number of bikes with different style bars, on some I liked buckhorns, that being said I find the new style S40 bars suit me quite nicely on the LS650  Smiley

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
adj_jaker
YaBB Newbies

"Another Dumb
Joke"

Lewisburg, Pa
Reply #4 - 04/19/13 at 08:41:42

Thats very tempting savage, thank you!  I just may consider that.  The only style comparable that i briefly rode was my dads 82 Virago.  Would you think a buckhorn bar with not so much curved angle would be ideal, or best of both worlds?

I like to keep things simple..

2009 Stock_White/Silver.
ckyjacobcky   IP Logged
houstonbofh

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, TX
Reply #5 - 04/19/13 at 20:18:35

Everyone wants what they ain't got.  You would be amazed at the number of people on the Marauder forum looking for easy to swap spoke wheels. Smiley

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #6 - 04/20/13 at 01:31:49

The OEM Savage buckhorn bars work almost as well as the OEM S40 drags if you loosen the bar clamps and roll the bucks forward so that the grips are an inch or 2 (or more if suits ya) higher than the stock position ... this un-tucks the elbows, straightens the wrist and will give you better steering input ... resulting in better handling.

I've owned LS650s with both style OEM bars and the above was my experience for what it's worth ...

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 14:33:22

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Old vs. New Handlebars:

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.