Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Key For Savage (Read 130 times)
Beagle

1998 Suzuki Savage

Ohio
Key For Savage
04/18/13 at 06:54:51

So, I got my motorcycle from a neighbor but he only have 1-key for it.  I've take the key to several locksmiths but no one has keys to fit it.  There's a number on the key but when I've tried to find a key with that number online I get nothing.  Anyone know where I can get another key that would work for my motorcycle?

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Key For Savage
Reply #1 - 04/18/13 at 06:57:54

I got mine from a seller on eBay........You just have to compare your key with the photo as there are a few different styles.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Beagle

1998 Suzuki Savage

Ohio
Reply #2 - 04/18/13 at 07:08:07

Yeah, I've seen some on eBay but those are blank keys and I'd have to take them somewhere to get done.  I was kind of hoping to find one specificially for my motorcycle already done.  You'd think this would be simple, huh?   Grin

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #3 - 04/18/13 at 07:30:38

Beagle wrote on 04/18/13 at 07:08:07:
Yeah, I've seen some on eBay but those are blank keys and I'd have to take them somewhere to get done.  I was kind of hoping to find one specificially for my motorcycle already done.  You'd think this would be simple, huh?   Grin

The local professional locksmith did not have matching blanks.  I had to buy the blanks and then have my key copied.

If you don't want to do this - your only other hope is the dealer who may be able to order you a factory key if they have the key code from your bike.  I don't know is this is something Suzuki can do....so you would have to go to the dealer to find out.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Beagle

1998 Suzuki Savage

Ohio
Reply #4 - 04/18/13 at 07:41:06

Well, I guess the easiest thing than would be to get blanks and take them to a locksmith.  No big deal doing that I suppose.  Thanks for all the info all!   Smiley

IP Logged
Blinky-FSO
Serious Thumper

Three Eyes Are
Better Than Two

Kentucky
Reply #5 - 04/18/13 at 07:45:14

Been down this road. Ask the local Suzuki dealer if they know a locksmith that carries the blank keys. Failing that, you will need to locate the correct blank like Dave said and have one cut. Suzuki does not issue replacement keys. Fortunately, the dealer here in Lexington KY was able to direct me to a local locksmith that carried the blanks.

Good hunting

2007 S40 (Sold)
2007 C50 (Sold)
1992 Honda GL1500
2014 Honda CTX700N
  IP Logged
houstonbofh

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, TX
Reply #6 - 04/18/13 at 19:36:09

This guy has blanks for most bikes.  http://www.keysnuts.com/  A tad pricy, but for a good reason.

IP Logged
B.J. and Jo

Colorado Springs, CO.
Reply #7 - 04/19/13 at 08:39:58

On the subject of missing keys, the PO a young lady in the Army lost the keys to the "Fork Lock" on our S40, would a locksmith have any way to "make" a key without a key to copy from??  We are using a very MEAN pad lock as a disc lock at the moment but that's a bit of a PIA and easy for this OLD GUY to forget! Any clue would be greatly appreciated! Smiley

IP Logged
B.J. and Jo

Colorado Springs, CO.
Reply #8 - 04/19/13 at 08:41:35

Beagle wrote on 04/18/13 at 06:54:51:
So, I got my motorcycle from a neighbor but he only have 1-key for it.  I've take the key to several locksmiths but no one has keys to fit it.  There's a number on the key but when I've tried to find a key with that number online I get nothing.  Anyone know where I can get another key that would work for my motorcycle?

We got a second key from our local dealership, just took in the one we have and they had blanks and made us a key!! Couple of bucks, now we have to find a way to get "Fork Lock" keys made Sad

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #9 - 04/19/13 at 09:22:02

Fork lock keys? Why? Even when it is locked, give the assembly a couple good smacks with a mini sledge and it unlocks or breaks off.

A good lock shop can make you a new set pretty easily. The key is a safe deposit box blank. Can't remember the number. As for the ignition key, it isn't uncommon. There is a hardware chain out west that I had my duplicates made at. They had both blanks. McClendon's in western WA.

If you know the code for the fork lock tumbler, you can order news keys from the factory. Your dealer has to place the order for you. Code is either on the back of the tumbler cover or micro stamped above the tumbler slot.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
B.J. and Jo

Colorado Springs, CO.
Reply #10 - 04/19/13 at 12:58:04

WD wrote on 04/19/13 at 09:22:02:
Fork lock keys? Why? Even when it is locked, give the assembly a couple good smacks with a mini sledge and it unlocks or breaks off.

A good lock shop can make you a new set pretty easily. The key is a safe deposit box blank. Can't remember the number. As for the ignition key, it isn't uncommon. There is a hardware chain out west that I had my duplicates made at. They had both blanks. McClendon's in western WA.

WD again I'm in your debt, I'll see if I can't find the "code" and have the dealership order me a new set of fork lock keys! We plan on keeping the pad lock anyway but if you just need to hop into a store, bathroom break etc. it would be nice to have the "fork lock keys"! Wink For us the dealers service dept. had blanks and made us a 2nd. key, works fine and only a couple of bucks to boot!  Smiley

If you know the code for the fork lock tumbler, you can order news keys from the factory. Your dealer has to place the order for you. Code is either on the back of the tumbler cover or micro stamped above the tumbler slot.

IP Logged
RC

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Quartz Hill Ca.
Reply #11 - 04/19/13 at 14:01:08

My 09 S40 takes the same  blank as my 09 TW200 got one from a local  locksmith who cut one side for the TW and one for the S40. Works great in both bikes.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 06:24:55

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Key For Savage

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.