87 savage

Gone riding!

Maine
Re: Upsie Daisy...
Reply #15 - 04/17/13 at 16:58:39

EJID wrote on 04/17/13 at 09:15:08:
Saw this one following the one Serobot posted...lots of dirt bike fails  Cheesy

OUCH! :'(

His: 1987 LS650F stock except for 98 engine, Dyna muffler. Hers: 2008 S40 with factory bags, windshield and sissybar.
  IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #16 - 04/20/13 at 19:12:39

ALfromN.H.  FSO wrote on 04/16/13 at 13:59:59:
Here's me loading my S40 into my S10 by myself. Never had a problem.

AL
https://vimeo.com/25628093

I can't get your vid to play. All I get is the first frame with the bike and the truck then it goes black.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
apache snow-FSO
Serious Thumper

Reply #17 - 04/20/13 at 19:15:55

Mine does that till I click on it. Then it plays.

2012 Honda Shadow Spirit

IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Reply #18 - 04/20/13 at 19:50:11

Okay, had to download it to my hard drive but I was finally able to watch it. I reckon that's what happens when your on a practically antique lap top.

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #19 - 04/20/13 at 21:37:12

Yonuh Adisi FSO wrote on 04/20/13 at 19:50:11:
Okay, had to download it to my hard drive but I was finally able to watch it. I reckon that's what happens when your on a practically antique lap top.

I bet a slim linux distribution would breathe new life into that "antique' taptop. Maybe something from Ubuntu...or one of those distributions that launch from a flashdrive...

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Reply #20 - 04/21/13 at 00:32:05

Dane Allen wrote on 04/20/13 at 21:37:12:

I bet a slim linux distribution would breathe new life into that "antique' taptop. Maybe something from Ubuntu...or one of those distributions that launch from a flashdrive...

The problem I have with linux is finding idiot proof programs that are equivalent to the programs I use the most like adobe premier, photoshop, and several others. What I mean by idiot proof is prepackaged programs with all the bells and whistles that you just plug in and hit install and everything is installed for you.

I can build the physical machine but when it comes to software I am an idiot and need self installing programs. (I hope I explained my need in an understandable way.)

IP Logged
Steve H
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spartanburg, SC
Reply #21 - 04/21/13 at 03:17:20

I liked the roo hit too.  He just got up and took off again like it was nothing.  Looks like most of those guys, if they knew how to keep the front wheel down, would be just fine.

87 LS650, 2005 Ninja 250, 2009 Yamaha C3, 2001 Honda Reflex. On 2 wheels since 6/80.
  IP Logged
houstonbofh

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, TX
Reply #22 - 04/21/13 at 14:12:14

Yonuh Adisi FSO wrote on 04/21/13 at 00:32:05:

The problem I have with linux is finding idiot proof programs that are equivalent to the programs I use the most like adobe premier, photoshop, and several others. What I mean by idiot proof is prepackaged programs with all the bells and whistles that you just plug in and hit install and everything is installed for you.

I can build the physical machine but when it comes to software I am an idiot and need self installing programs. (I hope I explained my need in an understandable way.)

You really need to look at Ubuntu.  (I like the LTS releases for stability, so 12.04)  With the new Software center, you search for something and then click.  It is like an app store, but easier, and often free.

IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Reply #23 - 04/21/13 at 19:04:29

houstonbofh wrote on 04/21/13 at 14:12:14:

You really need to look at Ubuntu.  (I like the LTS releases for stability, so 12.04)  With the new Software center, you search for something and then click.  It is like an app store, but easier, and often free.

I'll look into that. Thanks.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #24 - 04/21/13 at 19:10:28

Yonuh Adisi FSO wrote on 04/21/13 at 19:04:29:
houstonbofh wrote on 04/21/13 at 14:12:14:

I'll look into that. Thanks.

Yonuh: I am a professional unix engineer and have been for 20 years. My experience with this whole puppy linux and what not has been nothing short of awful. If its a lap top, I now a days dont want to run anything like unix on it. It somehow never fails to fail.

Of course if its a throwaway do what you want to it ...

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #25 - 04/21/13 at 20:07:49

srinath wrote on 04/21/13 at 19:10:28:
Yonuh: I am a professional unix engineer and have been for 20 years. My experience with this whole puppy linux and what not has been nothing short of awful. If its a lap top, I now a days dont want to run anything like unix on it. It somehow never fails to fail.

Of course if its a throwaway do what you want to it ...

Cool.
Srinath.

I've got a modern less then a year ago manufactured to my specs Laptop that runs Linux with no issue at all. All items for my laptop have drivers available in Linux.  Then again it's not a POS off the shelf HP,Toshiba, Gateway, etc, etc.......  It's a custom built to my specs machine based off a clevo P170EM chassis.

I dual boot with Ubuntu 10.04LTS all the time on this laptop. The reason I have not moved beyond Ubuntu 10.04LTS is I hate the direction they have gone with the GUI, I know you can replace most of it with others like cinnamon and such, but I'll stick with the older Gnome that I've grown to love over the years.  I use Linux as much as I do Winblows.  It just depends on what I'm working on at the time as to which OS I'm booted into Mainly on the Laptop I do my Android O/S coding in Linux and some other coding as well. There are also other things I do in Linux with the Laptop as everyday things but find some thing such as gaming more viable in Winblows then in Linux right now, but I see that is starting to change finally and I might be able to dump Winblows for good in the next year or 2.  I've been running servers as well for years online at colo sites and I use mainly CentOS on those, but here the past 2 years I have tried WinBlows 2008R2 as a server for my house, but my server MB is starting to have issues so when I rebuild it, I'm going back to Linux like I'm used to for running servers.  I just wish I could lay my hands on a at least 1 fully managed decent gigabyte switch with 10gb up-links on it for way less then $1500 to support my network in the house.  You would be surprised at how much bandwidth streaming 1080P movies takes when your doing it to 4 tv's at one time.  My Raid supports the speed no problem it's the network that's the bottle neck at this time.  I just can't afford to get any switches with 10GB up-links on them.

R.F.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #26 - 04/21/13 at 20:25:43

I have never tried it on any POS that wasn't thrown together from spare parts we had lying round or was under 10 years old ... or both.

On paper it all looked like it will run one of em barebones Unix lookalikes. Try it and you'd find 100 varieties of fail.
Of course surrounded by unix snobs is no place to find actual help in getting a working unix lap top. Like you try to repair a bicycle @ a motorcycle shop ... they'd laugh at you and suggest you fit a motor to it, that kind.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Reply #27 - 04/21/13 at 20:41:18

Just so ya'll know, the laptop I am referring to is an old HP Omnibook 6000. When this machine came out Windows 2000 was the latest and greatest OS.

I got this thing for 35 bucks off of ebay it needed a new hard drive which I bought and installed and then installed 2000 server. It has a little 900mhz processor and only 256meg of ram.

She works really well for basic stuff and cruising the net but I would like to get just a bit more out of it.

IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #28 - 04/21/13 at 21:06:32

Yonuh Adisi FSO wrote on 04/21/13 at 20:41:18:
Just so ya'll know, the laptop I am referring to is an old HP Omnibook 6000. When this machine came out Windows 2000 was the latest and greatest OS.

I got this thing for 35 bucks off of ebay it needed a new hard drive which I bought and installed and then installed 2000 server. It has a little 900mhz processor and only 256meg of ram.

She works really well for basic stuff and cruising the net but I would like to get just a bit more out of it.

I would download a live distro of Ubuntu or some other variant and see if it will load all the necessary drivers for your laptop.  Even the more bloated Linux distro's are far less demanding on your computer then just about all the Winblows OS's out there.

R.F.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
zieglarf
YaBB Newbies

Lovin my Suzi!

San Antonio, TX
Reply #29 - 04/23/13 at 19:14:18

ALfromN.H.  FSO wrote on 04/16/13 at 13:59:59:
Here's me loading my S40 into my S10 by myself. Never had a problem.

AL
https://vimeo.com/25628093

Sorry to hijack this thread back to the original topic...  Wink

You didn't load that S40 properly.
  • Next time get rid of the footboards, rev up really high and approach you ramp at a high rate of speed.
  • Don't use that clutch or control your throttle - just go for it.
  • If possible try to increase the incline so that you bottom out - maybe back the truck uphill or something.
  • And please get a group of people to watch you, but not assist you.

'12 S40
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 12:35:35

General CategoryThe Cafe › Upsie Daisy...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.