Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Social Security..... way early... (Read 182 times)
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Social Security..... way early...
04/15/13 at 21:49:10

K' not sure if I can post this here but here goes.
Was approved for social security last march (developed stage III cancer) and payment started last november. My particular cancer was one the list for ability to draw early because of severity (I am 53). I am now in remission and not sure what happens next. My cancer statement says in the end paragraph "patient has Stage III n1b metastatic malignant melonoma with unknown primary" which more or less means they don't know where it came from, but it ended up in my neck lymphnodes.
My question is, after my last pet scan (full body nuclear mri) there was no detectable anomolies, I was allowed to go off chemo. My next scan is may first, if it is good I will be in "total remission", will I loose the social security??? or will it continue because they didn't find the primary and I will still be in remission??
Thanks for any input....

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Re: Social Security..... way early...
Reply #1 - 04/15/13 at 23:31:51

old_rider wrote on 04/15/13 at 21:49:10:
K' not sure if I can post this here but here goes.
Was approved for social security last march (developed stage III cancer) and payment started last november. My particular cancer was one the list for ability to draw early because of severity (I am 53). I am now in remission and not sure what happens next. My cancer statement says in the end paragraph "patient has Stage III n1b metastatic malignant melonoma with unknown primary" which more or less means they don't know where it came from, but it ended up in my neck lymphnodes.
My question is, after my last pet scan (full body nuclear mri) there was no detectable anomolies, I was allowed to go off chemo. My next scan is may first, if it is good I will be in "total remission", will I loose the social security??? or will it continue because they didn't find the primary and I will still be in remission??
Thanks for any input....

I couldn't tell ya,  I've been fighting since 2006 or 2007 to get on SS, which is when my Dr's declared me disabled.  I've had 2 lawyers that wouldn't even begin to try and help me, so I'm still trying to find a lawyer that will.  I've got several Dr's that all tell me that I am disabled but every time I've applied the SSA hasn't and for some reason won't even contact my Dr's to get my medical records even though I've signed the release forms for them to do so.  They just automatically rubber stamp me as deigned, I guess it's because of my age, but I dunno.

When I finally do get on it, they are gonna have a big back payment check for me I know that for sure, as I think my records go back to around 2004 or 2005 for the Dr's saying and proving I was disabled.

R.F.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #2 - 04/16/13 at 04:43:56

Old_Rider I'm glad to hear that your cancer is in remission, sorry to hear you had to go through such an ordeal. As for if your SS benefits stop due to remission I don't know, but here is a link for a SS law forum where I think you can get a definitive answer   Smiley

SS law forum-
http://www.expertlaw.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12

@RFW the Social Security Administration & the Disability Determination Services have a book that lists the approval criteria for certain impairments "the Blue Book". Most medical impairments have specific approval criteria listed in the book, if you get a case worker who is green and doesn't want to deal with "Doctor approved disability" that isn't in the Blue Book they rubber stamp it as you already know. But have you looked into or tried to get a med-voc allowance (medical-vocational allowance) this is how many people whose conditions don't fit in the round hole can still get approved for SS disability. It's worth you looking into if you haven't already, also have you tried going above the case worker's head?

Basic med-voc explination-
http://www.disabilitysecrets.com/what-social-security-looks-for.html

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #3 - 04/16/13 at 08:59:45

ToesNose wrote on 04/16/13 at 04:43:56:
Old_Rider I'm glad to hear that your cancer is in remission, sorry to hear you had to go through such an ordeal. As for if your SS benefits stop due to remission I don't know, but here is a link for a SS law forum where I think you can get a definitive answer   Smiley

SS law forum-
http://www.expertlaw.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12

@RFW the Social Security Administration & the Disability Determination Services have a book that lists the approval criteria for certain impairments "the Blue Book". Most medical impairments have specific approval criteria listed in the book, if you get a case worker who is green and doesn't want to deal with "Doctor approved disability" that isn't in the Blue Book they rubber stamp it as you already know. But have you looked into or tried to get a med-voc allowance (medical-vocational allowance) this is how many people whose conditions don't fit in the round hole can still get approved for SS disability. It's worth you looking into if you haven't already, also have you tried going above the case worker's head?

Basic med-voc explination-
http://www.disabilitysecrets.com/what-social-security-looks-for.html

I'll look into that.  I also just finished reading the link you provided and multiple of my issues are in the approved list.  So I dunno what the issue is.  Guess I just need to find the right lawyer to help me  Undecided

R.F.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #4 - 04/16/13 at 22:42:48

I have Lupus, Diabetes and Heart Disease. I got disability 3 years ago. SS told me they will give me a physical in 5 to 7 years. Lupus is incurable and will never go away so I'm not too worried But I would love to be cured and be able to go back to work. My life is pretty miserable. I worked 38 years before I became ill, I don't think anyone should acuse me of mooching off the government. For several years I paid the max in SS. I don't think I'll live long enough to collect what I paid in. I almost died last Nov. The Lupus caused me to develop blood clots in my lungs. I felt bad, couldn't breathe and I put off going to the hospital. The doctors told me one more day and I wouldn't have made it. Best of luck with your health and government disability .

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 04/16/13 at 22:55:55

But I would love to be cured and be able to go back to work. My life is pretty miserable.

Took the letters right offa my keyboard,,

Someone asks me what I want
I tell them Id LOVE to write a letter to SS, thanking them for keeping my head above water, my wife is still with me,, Im not under a bridge,,& tell them I dont need them any more, that I can handle it on my own now,,
THAT would be a great day,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #6 - 04/16/13 at 23:54:29

Midnightrider wrote on 04/16/13 at 22:42:48:
I have Lupus, Diabetes and Heart Disease. I got disability 3 years ago. SS told me they will give me a physical in 5 to 7 years. Lupus is incurable and will never go away so I'm not too worried But I would love to be cured and be able to go back to work. My life is pretty miserable. I worked 38 years before I became ill, I don't think anyone should acuse me of mooching off the government. For several years I paid the max in SS. I don't think I'll live long enough to collect what I paid in. I almost died last Nov. The Lupus caused me to develop blood clots in my lungs. I felt bad, couldn't breathe and I put off going to the hospital. The doctors told me one more day and I wouldn't have made it. Best of luck with your health and government disability .

Thanks MidnightRider,

I to almost died from my first heart attack back in 2010, I didn't even realize I had one, I thought I just passed out. I was just feeling weak and shaky when I came to, and almost didn't let my family call the ambulance to come get me.  If I wouldn't have agreed on that I wouldn't have survived the night they told me.  The 2nd HT wasn't nearly as bad and I didn't realize I had it either and didn't know it till I had one of my scheduled stress tests that the cardiologist had me doing monthly for a year after the first one.  It was about 6 months after the first HT and the stress test came back showing I had just recently had another one  Undecided

I've got severe weakening of my heart now from those 2 HT's so I'll never be able to work a job again based solely on that. They were caused by a condition I was born with that just finally caught up to me, and someday in the probable near future they will be putting in a defibrillator to help out on keeping my heart going properly with as weak as it is.  Other then that I've also got some other issues that make me eligible for the SS disability it's just getting the right lawyer to help me push it through.

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #7 - 04/17/13 at 19:52:27

With Cancer, so I have heard, the question of continuing payments when you are officially in remission, is based on any residual effects  from the treatments or medications you still need to take.  The premise for an award of Disability payments in cancer I believe is that the SSA feels your cancer will remove you from the work force for more than a year.  If they think you might be able to go back to work shortly after the year, they put a review date in your award letter.
Even in remission, if the treatment did too much damage to allow you to work, or the maintenance meds render you unable to work, this is part of the decision process.  Best of luck and congrats on the remission.

and at 53, is old_rider really correct?? Cheesy

IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #8 - 04/18/13 at 08:21:34

old_rider, just call or go see the people you dealt with to get on SS in the first place. They can tell you what you can do.   Smiley

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
RatdogWillie
Serious Thumper

Nostalgia isn't what
it used to be...

Johnstown, PA.
Reply #9 - 05/09/13 at 10:57:09

Check out Joyce Riley's radio show:
http://www.gcnlive.com/mediaPlayers/odPlayer.php?program=powerHour
She often has guests on concerning natural cures.
Dr Sherry Rogers is one (a very good one).
I listen almost every day. It is a very informative show.
I also signed up for her Email Blast (newsletter) years ago.
http://www.thepowerhour.com/contact_us.htm#email (right hand column)
It is packed with info, included links to that days show broken down by the hour with descriptions of each hour.
She knows me as "Willie in Pennsylvania".

What was the best thing before sliced bread?
Why is it called tourist season if we can't shoot them?
How is it possible to have a civil war?
What if there were no hypothetical questions?
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #10 - 05/09/13 at 19:28:43

Yep, she has some good guests.

Raw foods. Cooked foods have dead enzymes. Enzymes are crucial to beating C,..
Dr Kelley had several degrees. Was diagnosed & told he had 3 months. They told his wife the truth, 3 weeks. He lived for years.
He went home & designed a treatment plan. Sadly, BUYing enzymes of sufficient quality is now impossible, according to a doc I know.

REad on. Holler at me if I can help.

http://www.cancertutor.com/Cancer/Metabolic.html

Follow links, read other things. I just wanted to get you onto the man.
Dr Kelley.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 16:15:14

General CategoryThe Cafe › Social Security..... way early...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.