Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Oh noes!!!!!! have I lost my bike??? (Read 104 times)
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Oh noes!!!!!! have I lost my bike???
04/15/13 at 12:21:21

On a lark... I took my wife out to the church parking lot and taught her to ride the savage.  Well.... truth be told... she's a natural.. I mean a BOSS.
First lap around the parking lot and she was in the grass a few times. By the third is was putting her foot down, leaning into the turn and generally just having a grand ole time. After an hour or so, and ready to stop she actually came zooming up to me and let out a long slow rear wheel skid.. prefectly controlled and with a big ole grin on her face.

Then she asked.... how much for a helmet?

crap..............   Grin

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Oh noes!!!!!! have I lost my bike???
Reply #1 - 04/15/13 at 12:30:40

Oooops!... Huh...
...but, your loss is our gain,... we get a new female member...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
SALB
Serious Thumper

FSO

Whittier, AK
Reply #2 - 04/15/13 at 12:38:14

Sounds like the perfect excuse to buy another one, to me. Cool

« Last Edit: 04/15/13 at 16:28:09 by SALB »  
  IP Logged
Blinky-FSO
Serious Thumper

Three Eyes Are
Better Than Two

Kentucky
Reply #3 - 04/15/13 at 12:52:28

Pine,
Seems to me you had the hots for another bike not too long ago. Maybe, just maybe, getting Mrs. Pine interested in riding was not just a "lark" but a well thought out scheme for you to hand down the thumper to her and get another ride? Just asking.  Cool

Good hunting

2007 S40 (Sold)
2007 C50 (Sold)
1992 Honda GL1500
2014 Honda CTX700N
  IP Logged
B.J. and Jo

Colorado Springs, CO.
Reply #4 - 04/15/13 at 13:14:23

LOL, yep that's how it starts, my wife Jo was actually scared to get on my scoot as a passenger, the kids told her she was chicken, that's the only reason she ever got on!! From then on it was "her back seat" and kids had to take turns!

I picked up a really sweet looking older 250cc 4 stroke Dual Purpose for a great price, used it to get to work. She was kidding one day and stated, unfair you've got "two" bikes".  I said, well, if you want one, find one you like! I was working at a shop as a parts gopher and they brought in a 87 Honda 250 Rebel Limited, (all chrome and brass from the factory) and she fell for it asap!  So being a man of my word, I traded in the Dual Purpose and she's been a "rider" ever since! Cool

IP Logged
houstonbofh

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, TX
Reply #5 - 04/15/13 at 16:19:44

My Savage was bought to be "Her" first bike, and she sure looks good on it. Smiley

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #6 - 04/15/13 at 22:00:23

Got the savage for her after she rode the 250 rebel for 2 months, and now i'm thinking on getting me one too! LOL or steal hers...when she's at work.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #7 - 04/15/13 at 23:33:53

My Savage will end up being my Daughters first bike when she turns 16.  I'm already teaching her how to ride it at her young age of 13 y/o.  She's doing fairly well to even with my fat butt on the rear seat of it.

R.F.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #8 - 04/16/13 at 02:23:47

rfw2003 wrote on 04/15/13 at 23:33:53:
My Savage will end up being my Daughters first bike when she turns 16.  I'm already teaching her how to ride it at her young age of 13 y/o.  She's doing fairly well to even with my fat butt on the rear seat of it.

R.F.

16 ? Lucky girl ! Here in Italy the max you can ride 16-18 is 125cc @ 15hp, 18-21 it's free ccs but limited to 34hp.

Would this mean that if I crated my Savage to the US and my son had an "A1 motorcycle license" (European MC license limited to 125cc and 15hp) he could ride it ?
(and I get to rent something else?  Roll Eyes Like a Fat Boy ?)

Anyway, I have already treated my son to his first ride "on" the Savage, meaning riding solo;
true, it was "first gear only, in the condo parking lot" but he hat a good time !
(I have to upload the .mpeg to bikepics.com to show it...)

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #9 - 04/16/13 at 04:07:30

mpescatori wrote on 04/16/13 at 02:23:47:
rfw2003 wrote on 04/15/13 at 23:33:53:

R.F.

16 ? Lucky girl ! Here in Italy the max you can ride 16-18 is 125cc @ 15hp, 18-21 it's free ccs but limited to 34hp.

Would this mean that if I crated my Savage to the US and my son had an "A1 motorcycle license" (European MC license limited to 125cc and 15hp) he could ride it ?
(and I get to rent something else?  Roll Eyes Like a Fat Boy ?)

Anyway, I have already treated my son to his first ride "on" the Savage, meaning riding solo;
true, it was "first gear only, in the condo parking lot" but he hat a good time !
(I have to upload the .mpeg to bikepics.com to show it...)

In TX only 15 y/o's are restricted to 250's once they turn 16 and have had their regular automotive license for 6 months they can get a class M endorsement, after taking the MSF course.

R.F.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #10 - 04/16/13 at 04:15:47

Every state in the US has it's own driving laws Mpescatori, they range from 15 to 17 to start driving a regular motor vehicle on the road and 13 for farm vehicles in certain states.

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 12:34:07

General CategoryThe Cafe › Oh noes!!!!!! have I lost my bike???

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.