Send Topic Print
New Baby In The House! (Read 116 times)
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
New Baby In The House!
04/14/13 at 15:05:47

She's a rescue dog, an English Mastiff. We're her 3rd home. She 9 months old and already weighs over a hundred lbs. She is the best natured most obedient dog I've ever owned. The Mastiff Rescue Association told us an older couple had her and couldn't handle her. Both my wife and I have been through police traing K9 dogs. We said what the heck, we'll try her, maybe we can do something with her. As soon as we got her home she settled down and acted like she had been with us all her life. I don't even put a leash on her unless were walking the road., If she gets over 20 ' away I just call her and she comes right back. She hardly ever barks, I love that. She's wonderful with my 20 month old grandson. I think she's going to be the best dog I've ever had. At her weight and age she's gonna be a 200lb dog. At 9 mos she can stand up and put her paws on my shoulder. The guy from the NC Mastiff Rescue Association stopped by yesterday to see how things were going. We had her less than 24 hrs when he arrived. He brought his Mastiff and we walked both of them. He said he couldnt believe she was the same dog. He asked us if we had doped her LOL.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Re: New Baby In The House!
Reply #1 - 04/14/13 at 15:20:51

Great looking Pup ya got there.

R.F.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #2 - 04/14/13 at 15:35:02

200 pounds???..... you got enough money to feed her?? Wink

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
apache snow-FSO
Serious Thumper

Reply #3 - 04/14/13 at 15:37:47

Yeah, nice looking dog but I could not afford to feed her when she grows up. Shocked

2012 Honda Shadow Spirit

IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #4 - 04/14/13 at 17:56:52

This little girl is my Baby, her name is Pandora.  I've had her since she was 5 weeks old.  She is now just over 3 y/o.

She's not to sure of the new kittens yet but she will get used to them.  She plays with the neighbors cat alot, so right now I know it's just jealousy because attention is being taken away from her.

She's a fat little thing weighing in at just over 6lbs. which by the vet she is about 2lbs over weight.

R.F.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #5 - 04/14/13 at 18:08:57

I think you and your wife are a lucky couple.  English Mastiffs are a wonderful breed - a bake shop near me has one lollygagging about the front door of the shop.  Last time there I had to step over the pooch  to get in the door. Grin

I've had Saints, Newfies and even a few smaller dogs, and (should I give up the secret) we know the larger dogs  actually don't eat that much since most of the time they are just watching the world.  saliva is usually another thing - but should it bother you, you can look into salivary gland surgery.     You are in for lotsa love, enjoy.

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #6 - 04/14/13 at 19:39:58

That is definitely going to exceed the GVW of the Savage so one of you is walking,  Grin.

I love dogs and this is obviously a great addition to the family, congrats!!

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #7 - 04/14/13 at 21:03:17

She's a beaut! Now its time for a side-car! or take a VW bug and cut the back out.....  Grin

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #8 - 04/14/13 at 21:21:36

The guy in the Mastiff Rescue association that put me on the dog rides his 200 pounder in the front seat of a Smart Car. He takes the Dog to the Ronald McDonald House Weekly to try to cheer everyone up.

IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #9 - 04/15/13 at 04:57:54

She's a beauty MidnightRider, they are a great breed of dog. Sounds like she just needed the proper environment, glad she took to you from the start  Wink

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #10 - 04/15/13 at 11:14:36

Congratz.. I like big dogs....but I never had one THAT big! Buddy had a Great Dane (lost it in the divorce) fun and dern goofy as a puppy, but they grow out of that.

All we have now is a 75 lb mutt. Good dog.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #11 - 04/15/13 at 15:24:33

I've got a pack saddle that should fit her when she's full grown... saddle her up, throw a pillow on her and the grandmunchkins can go for a ride...

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #12 - 04/16/13 at 13:38:28

I'm looking for a harness and ski rope, I'm gonna let her pull me on a skateboard.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #13 - 04/16/13 at 14:14:08

yep, you need a dog sulky

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 12:28:29

General CategoryThe Cafe › New Baby In The House!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.