Hot tubs..... (Read 95 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Hot tubs.....
04/14/13 at 08:21:33

My wife and I are looking to get a portable hot tub to put out back. I know nothing about them. We only want a 2/3 person size, not sure of the plug and play 110 or 220 volts. I'm thinking the stronger 220v will drive the massaging better, but that is my guess only. I'd have to run a new line for that tho.
Anybody know anything about em?   Huh

Thanks!  Kiss

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
houstonbofh

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, TX
Re: Hot tubs.....
Reply #1 - 04/14/13 at 08:30:19

The pump is not the issue.  It is the heater.  Low voltage can take a day or more to heat up.  And you will need the cover to keep the heat in.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #2 - 04/14/13 at 09:02:34

4 seat 110v lasted from 2007 to 2012 before the pump gave out. Couple hundred bucks for a new pump and it's good to go again.

As long as it stays ON, it's fine. The one here got shut down accidentally, water sat in the pump and rotted it out.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #3 - 04/14/13 at 11:12:20

Here are a couple of neat little do-it-yourself projects. I have the Gun Dory plans that I will be starting next year, but that is another issue. Both of these look like they can be customized and be made very portable. Probably not what you were thing of but I like to think outside the box and maybe this will give you some ideas.

Smiley Smiley Smiley

http://www.butlerprojects.com/other/hottub/index.htm

http://www.butlerprojects.com/other/hexhotub/index.htm

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
Dj12midnit
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

If you'r here and
I'm here isn't this
our time?

Lynden Wa.
Reply #4 - 04/14/13 at 21:43:30

I know that you should not wear clothing in them...

http://www.suzukiownersclub.net

2006 Progressive 412-4236C, Big Crank, TKat F\B, ME880 Rear.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 04/15/13 at 07:38:20

Ive seen people dump a small fortune in them only to realize that after 6 months, there was no magic in them,,Smartest guy I saw buy one got it used, real cheap, fixed it up, enjoyed it, sold it.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #6 - 04/15/13 at 21:40:38

Six years ago, bought a house that had one on back porch (six person), stayed with the house when we bought it. Wife and I enjoyed it for about 4 months and got rid of it, was alot of work keeping the water bacteria free and clean. We thought about the 2 person V shaped one (110/220) because you could use it for summer to cool off also. That was 3 years ago, we still haven't bought one.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Retread

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 04/16/13 at 10:15:09

Cal Spa is the best, I have had a hot tub since 88, had a Cal Spa first, it lasted for 15 years with little problems, finally seals went out on the pump. Bought a Jacussi, it was crap, had four leaks the first year, then electronics failed.. Got a small two seater Cal Spa again, 220 is the only way to go, 110 does not deliver enough heating action, would take two days to come to temp.. The Cal spa is two years old now and no problems...

Used to look like a Greek God, now I look like a darned Greek!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 12:35:15

General CategoryThe Cafe › Hot tubs.....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.