Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
S40/LS650/Savage Trike Kits (Read 543 times)
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Re: S40/LS650/Savage Trike Kits
Reply #30 - 05/08/13 at 01:20:02

ToesNose wrote on 04/16/13 at 13:59:31:
Yea i had a Triumph Stag, really nice car.....just a crappy engine   Huh

European sports cars with US smog heads is like...

... a Playboy Playmate contest with long overcoats ...  Roll Eyes

Actress LAUREN HUTTON

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Reply #31 - 05/13/13 at 15:23:20

I just got off the phone with Jess from ITrikeBikes. They do a custom Savage/S40 kit. They custom make the swingarm, hydraulic rear disc brake system, triple tree, etc. The kit only adds 120 pounds to the bike.

http://itrikebikes.com/Home_Page.php

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #32 - 05/13/13 at 20:30:20

Well...at 3x's the price I paid for the savage...i'm not sure its worth it.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
gerald.hughes
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

FSO

Tucson, Az
Reply #33 - 05/14/13 at 20:05:57

If you need a trike to keep riding, then it is worth it.

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #34 - 05/15/13 at 08:06:34

Heh..... I know how that is already. I have a 2007' HD roadglide that i've had to add a "tow-pac" trike kit onto because I don't want to drop it. I'm getting my strenth back but I don't think i'll ever be able to pick it back up if I drop it so i'm going to sell it anyway. I don't like the way the trikes steer and will probably just go to a smaller bike like the savage untill I can't hold one up anymore then maybe do an add-on trike system to it.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
apache snow-FSO
Serious Thumper

Reply #35 - 05/15/13 at 08:53:51

2012 Honda Shadow Spirit

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #36 - 05/15/13 at 13:55:35

Yeah, seen the big one video...she is like 6'2" and in her twenties, i'm 5"10", 150lbs and have been on chemo for a year.... no comparison. A ten year old could whup my tushy if he/she tried hard enough. There comes a time when you have to "know your limits", and i'm truthfull to a fault. I don't want to hurt the HD and lower its sale value because I refused to face facts, i'm perfectly happy to ride a smaller machine and be happy.

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #37 - 05/16/13 at 02:41:20

" I don't like the way the trikes steer and will probably just go to a smaller bike like the savage untill I can't hold one up anymore then maybe do an add-on trike system to it."

Hey, Old_Rider, have you ever considered going for the Real McCoy ?

Piaggio MP3 available as either 400cc or 500cc thumpers.

Leans into corners beautifully ...

You can even DRIFT around corners and not lay her down !

Definitely overengineered, will outlast rider

You will certainly find chinese copies and lookalikes here and there, but  I wouldn't touch those with a bargepole... Tongue

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #38 - 05/16/13 at 06:22:04

Thanks for the info....piaggio has a nice 350 scooter (two wheel) that is compairable with the 300 ninja I just bought. The three wheelers would make great commuters, i'm wondering how well those scooters would hold up on a long trip....hmmm... maybe I could write an essay to piaggio and see if they would send me one to test drive for a true "durability test" across country (funded by piaggio of course!).

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #39 - 05/16/13 at 07:42:06

Piaggio have an array of test riders... including some who are very "off the beaten track"!

They can do things you wouldn't dream of half trying with other bikes... Terriffic front suspension with unbeatable performance

Not to mention the brakes...

Italians do it in style !  Cool

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

mpescatori   IP Logged
apache snow-FSO
Serious Thumper

Reply #40 - 05/16/13 at 08:20:27

You need to go read about the MP3 on modernvespa.com.

Unlike in Italy, here in the US most dealers do not have the experience or mechanics to keep this complicated  front suspension in tune. And in the US parts are not always available and long waits are common. People here have a lot of problems with this scooter. Many sell them and are glad to be rid of the problems. Huh

2012 Honda Shadow Spirit

IP Logged
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Reply #41 - 05/16/13 at 10:24:38

I think it would be a fun ride! Plus the 400 appears to have more horsepower and torque than our 650.

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #42 - 05/16/13 at 11:01:39

I could dig one of those fancy 3 wheelers that leans. As far as Im concerned, if it wont lean thru a corner, Id just as soon be in a little sports car. Cheaper to own & operate, more room, protection from the elements,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #43 - 05/16/13 at 21:38:20

I kinda like the 350 two wheeler...its got some umph and gas savings to boot, also has a 3.5 gal. tank. Heck with its top speed you could take it on the interstate! LOL, could you imagine an 18 wheelers driver looking at you as you pass him on a scooter??? ROFL Shocked Shocked Embarrassed :'(

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #44 - 05/17/13 at 02:28:25

apache snow-FSO wrote on 05/16/13 at 08:20:27:
You need to go read about the MP3 on modernvespa.com.

Unlike in Italy, here in the US most dealers do not have the experience or mechanics to keep this complicated  front suspension in tune. And in the US parts are not always available and long waits are common. People here have a lot of problems with this scooter. Many sell them and are glad to be rid of the problems. Huh

During my 3-year stay in England, many people (women mostly) would tease me on FIAT meaning "Fix It Again, Tony!"
to which I would comment "Your Tony must be a lousy mechanic, I'm not surprised British Leyland died"

They were left speechless  Grin

The truth is, whereas I do agree the MP3's front suspension is more complicated than a simple set of hydraulic forks, it is just as true that we're talking Italian Engineering here, not English nor much less French...

...it works AND it's simple... it was invented by Piaggio, not by Citroen or Jaguar or Renault !!! (My vintage MG has an electrical system based on 2 relays and 4 (four!) fuses!)

It's just a parallelogram... essentially a rectangle that will lean right&left... what's so complicated about that ?
AND
if it can handle the potholes of Italian roads, why can't it handle the freeways of America ?

Anyway, the Piaggio MP3 is strong, sturdy, reliable and will literally ride around the world...
...if the mechanics aren't up to the job, it's not Piaggio's fault... Embarrassed

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

mpescatori   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 08:33:54

General CategoryThe Cafe › S40/LS650/Savage Trike Kits

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.