Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
S40/LS650/Savage Trike Kits (Read 543 times)
BOBD

Blacklick, Ohio
S40/LS650/Savage Trike Kits
04/14/13 at 03:20:07

Since Trinity and Yelvington don't make trike kits for the Savage anymore, does anybody know where to get a trike kit for one? I guess Yelvington took over for Trinity and stopped making them. They have said that they may be starting to again next year, but I'd like one now. No Voyager kits for me. No sidecar either. Cheap as possible.

« Last Edit: 04/15/13 at 14:05:10 by BOBD »  
  IP Logged
12Bravo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mid-Missouri
Re: Trike
Reply #1 - 04/14/13 at 05:28:52

I have looked for many years for trike kits for the S40 and other bikes. Trinity/Yelvington was the only one that I could find that made a kit for the Savage/S40.

No Child Should Live In Fear!!!
'Keepers of the children'
http://www.bacaworld.org

IP Logged
BOBD

Blacklick, Ohio
Reply #2 - 04/14/13 at 06:35:44

Here is what Yelvington told me in an e-mail: We currently are not building a kit for the Suzuki S40.  As we move forward the S40 will be included in our product offering but that will probably not be available until 2014.  We are moving through the designs based upon demand from the public.

Keep checking our website as it is a dynamic environment and we are adding new things on a weekly basis.

That was April 12, 2013

I did see one somewhere for $10,000. There's no way that would work for me! Can't find where it was. It's too expensive anyway. Really aren't sure how much the Yelvington would be. Does anyone have an idea?

IP Logged
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Reply #3 - 04/14/13 at 07:26:46

These guys had an S40 trike displayed at a bike show. Their site says they trike everything and both the LS650 and S40 years are listed. Might be worth checking out.

http://itrikebikes.com/TRIKE_KITS.html

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
BOBD

Blacklick, Ohio
Re: Yelvington Trikes
Reply #4 - 04/14/13 at 12:09:33

I looked at the trikebikes.com and sent an e-mail. They said $6000-$6500 to pick it up, do the conversion and bring it back. I live in Columbus, Ohio and they are in Pennsylvania. Not sure I want to spend that kind of money. Any comments?

IP Logged
Charon
Serious Thumper

Harvard, NE
Re: S40/LS650/Savage Trike Kits
Reply #5 - 04/14/13 at 13:10:36

If you search the site using the word "trinity" you will find some older posts about the Trinity Trike. That was said to never cost more than $6K, which isn't all that far off the price from trikebikes. That was in addition to whatever you already have in the LS650. Seems trikes aren't cheap.

Eschew obfuscation.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #6 - 04/15/13 at 07:41:44

If it wont lean in a corner, its no longer a ride worth the risk. Gimme a Mazda Miata / standard trans..Put the top down,,& go. If the weather gets ugly, I have a top, I have a heater & I can carry cargo & bodies

AND I can get one for less than a trike..& itll be cheaper to operate,.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #7 - 04/15/13 at 08:35:57

I had the trike discussion with my wife last year after surgery. I dropped (well not dropped but leaned, no damage) my 2007 RoadGlide 3 times and decided I didn't want to do any damage to such a beautiful ride. I ended up lucking out on a Tow-Pac add a trike on ebay, new they cost about 5k and I picked it up for 1.4k and put i on myself (took me a month but I did it).
Long story short, sometimes you just physically HAVE to get a trike kit or trike your bike if you want to keep riding.....look around maybe someone will have one, if not...keep looking or asking untill you do. I'm going to sell the RoadGlide because I went to lighter bikes and the missus now likes to ride solo so we don't need a big massive cruiser no more. Good luck on your search.
Start with ebay ...look here
http://www.ebay.com/itm/TRIKE-KIT-HARLEY-HONDA-SUZUKI-BMW-YAMAHA-KAWASAKI-SCO...

Or go to this site and call them
http://www.towpacusa.com/
They are really nice folks...

Found this site...maybe worth looking into... LOL.... just search "trike group" or "trike club" or trike forum" on google or yahoo
http://btw-trikers.org/uploads/home.php
called "btw- brothers of the third wheel" buncha old farts like us...

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #8 - 04/15/13 at 09:04:49

I am not trying to be sarcastic.....but maybe this trike thing would be cheaper if they did the "ROKON" coversion to the front end....instead of putting the extra wheel on the back.

I have also seen a couple of bikes that had an extra wheel on each side to provide stabilty - while not altering the motorycle drive train. Sort of like adult training wheels.  Obvously not the ideal situation....but if it keeps you "ridin"........why not.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #9 - 04/15/13 at 09:17:44

The tow-pac is a "training wheel" add on, its an inner frame that attaches to hard mount points on your bike (frame and struts) and a secondary frame with the wheels and suspension that is 3 pointed to the inner frame, it goes on and off in just minutes using a reese type hitch and two large bolts.
They have whats called an E-trike for the gold wing, that has two reese type hitch mounts on either side, but the wing has a center stand for ease of removal and install.
When you get to a point that you cannot physically handle a bike, a trike kit or add-on kit is the way to go if you want to keep riding. I was at a point last year I couldn't even walk 50 feet without being winded, the trike kit on the roadglide kept me in the saddle with no worries and kept my spirits up so I could heal (and all the friends I road with kept me going!). Good luck on your search...but really call the tow-pac folks and tell them your situation...ya never know, they might find a market for the S40 crowd. Or if you are close enough they might "experiment" with your ride if you take it there...

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Reply #10 - 04/15/13 at 09:44:40

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #11 - 04/15/13 at 09:56:59

Yep, Cool! So is a penthouse with a swimming pool stocked with PLayboy Bunnies,, I just cant Afford that much "Cool" myself,, But, YES, it IS cool, its Waaay cool &, if I ever see one, I will go & drool on it.
I saw a nice little trike up at the Yamaha shop. Theyd taken it in trade. Seems like it was a 750 V, I came home & looked it up. Theyre about $15,000.00 new, Belt drive, IIRC, looked about the right size, low, easy to get feet on the ground, had a small trunk for haulin yer junk, attractive thing. USA built,, BUT, I cant remember Who dunnitt..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #12 - 04/15/13 at 09:57:27

Isn't that just a car with no cage? Does look pretty cool, though.

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #13 - 04/15/13 at 10:02:54

Dane Allen wrote on 04/15/13 at 09:57:27:

Kinda why i'm selling the roadglide.... no leanin' into corners after the kit, like drivin' a convertable vw

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #14 - 04/15/13 at 10:09:01

old_rider wrote on 04/15/13 at 10:02:54:
Dane Allen wrote on 04/15/13 at 09:57:27:

Kinda why i'm selling the roadglide.... no leanin' into corners after the kit, like drivin' a convertable vw

Ayyupp,,, thats exactly how Id feel about it. & a little convertible would be fun. I think Ill sell my bikes & Git me one,,some kinda old project car, IF I can land one for enough less than I can get in a fairly decent newer one. Sometimes people think that tired old relic is more valuable,,

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 08:24:45

General CategoryThe Cafe › S40/LS650/Savage Trike Kits

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.