Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Throttle cable sticking?? (Read 88 times)
harperlogan007
YaBB Newbies

Winter Haven, Fl
Throttle cable sticking??
04/13/13 at 14:08:07

Okay, so today I went out into the garage to look at my lights and change the oil. Well after I changed the oil I took it for a spin pulled back in the garage & hopped off to let it idle. I noticed it sounded like it running kinda funny, only when I looked down did I see that the cable that goes to my throttle wasn't letting it wind all the way down.. What's the problem any help??!  Undecided

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Re: Throttle cable sticking??
Reply #1 - 04/13/13 at 15:55:43

Probably needs lubing.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #2 - 04/14/13 at 04:42:34

Prior to the oil change did you do any mods to the bike recently? You said you were looking at the lights, had you changed them? If so did the cable get rerouted?

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
harperlogan007
YaBB Newbies

Winter Haven, Fl
Reply #3 - 04/14/13 at 05:29:45

ToesNose wrote on 04/14/13 at 04:42:34:
Prior to the oil change did you do any mods to the bike recently? You said you were looking at the lights, had you changed them? If so did the cable get rerouted?

I just bought the motorcycle earlier. The guy said it need some new bulbs and when you rev it up it sometimes dies when winding down. None of the mod have been done by me. The previous owner.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 04/14/13 at 07:48:26

Not running, open the throttle & slowly release it. Look on the carb, where the cable attaches. Gap at the idle setting?

If so, grab that plate & close the gap. If it will close, then the cable isnt just plain STUKK & its not adjusted too short.

Open the gas up & let go. LOok again,, gap? If no gap, open & slap shut a few times, trickle some oil in,, play with it till it frees up.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
harperlogan007
YaBB Newbies

Winter Haven, Fl
Reply #5 - 04/14/13 at 11:10:56

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 04/14/13 at 07:48:26:
Not running, open the throttle & slowly release it. Look on the carb, where the cable attaches. Gap at the idle setting?

If so, grab that plate & close the gap. If it will close, then the cable isnt just plain STUKK & its not adjusted too short.

Open the gas up & let go. LOok again,, gap? If no gap, open & slap shut a few times, trickle some oil in,, play with it till it frees up.

What kind of oil should i use?

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #6 - 04/14/13 at 12:13:53

3 in 1 or similar of you don't have any chain/cable lube. 10W whatever works fine as well. Keep dripping it in at the throttle pipe end until you can see it at the carb end of the cable. Undo the two screws in the right hand switch box, take the back 1/2 off, you'll see the cable end.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 10:16:21

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Throttle cable sticking??

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.