Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Light Problems? (Read 55 times)
harperlogan007
YaBB Newbies

Winter Haven, Fl
Light Problems?
04/13/13 at 08:15:37

I am having an issue with my lights. My front right Turn signal blinks but when I turn the blinker off it doesn't stay on?

Bulb?
Wiring issue?
Short?

Help please!

IP Logged
SALB
Serious Thumper

FSO

Whittier, AK
Re: Light Problems?
Reply #1 - 04/13/13 at 08:39:09

harperlogan007 wrote on 04/13/13 at 08:15:37:
I am having an issue with my lights. My front right Turn signal blinks but when I turn the blinker off it doesn't stay on?

Bulb?
Wiring issue?
Short?

Help please!

Are you trying to say the blinker works, but not the marker light??? Undecided

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #2 - 04/13/13 at 08:41:04

Most likely the bulb.

If it is still a problem after a bulb check/swap, clean the contacts in the socket. If that doesn't do it, clean the switch gear in the left side control box, the contacts are tiny and it doesn't take much to stop them working.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
harperlogan007
YaBB Newbies

Winter Haven, Fl
Reply #3 - 04/13/13 at 08:52:05

WD wrote on 04/13/13 at 08:41:04:
Most likely the bulb.

If it is still a problem after a bulb check/swap, clean the contacts in the socket. If that doesn't do it, clean the switch gear in the left side control box, the contacts are tiny and it doesn't take much to stop them working.

Yeah, the blinker works but not the running "marker" light does not. & This is my first bike, I am only 20 so I really do not have the slightest idea as to where the switch gear is. Sorry!

IP Logged
harperlogan007
YaBB Newbies

Winter Haven, Fl
Reply #4 - 04/13/13 at 08:58:51

harperlogan007 wrote on 04/13/13 at 08:52:05:
WD wrote on 04/13/13 at 08:41:04:
Most likely the bulb.

Yeah, the blinker works but not the running "marker" light does not. & This is my first bike, I am only 20 so I really do not have the slightest idea as to where the switch gear is. Sorry!

Oh I also forgot to say that the left marker stay's on but the blinker does not work.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #5 - 04/13/13 at 09:18:26

Sounds like a dirty set of switches. Easy issue, take the two screws out of the back of the left side box on the handlebar. Pop the box 1/2s apart and let the side that faces the seat droop. Inside it you will see a bunch of small screws and plates. Take out the screws that hold the center assembly in place and gently, very gently or you will disturb/lose the switch springs, lift out the assembly. Clean the metal parts with a pencil eraser, wipe clean, reassemble.

Piece of cake.

But, check both bulbs first, the bulbs can be vibration sensitive and have broken filaments. The front set can be replaced with a generic 1157 bulb, the rears with an 1156, unless Suzuki in another flash of infinite stupidity switched to the modern versions with a plastic base...

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
harperlogan007
YaBB Newbies

Winter Haven, Fl
Reply #6 - 04/13/13 at 10:01:16

WD wrote on 04/13/13 at 09:18:26:
Sounds like a dirty set of switches. Easy issue, take the two screws out of the back of the left side box on the handlebar. Pop the box 1/2s apart and let the side that faces the seat droop. Inside it you will see a bunch of small screws and plates. Take out the screws that hold the center assembly in place and gently, very gently or you will disturb/lose the switch springs, lift out the assembly. Clean the metal parts with a pencil eraser, wipe clean, reassemble.

Piece of cake.

But, check both bulbs first, the bulbs can be vibration sensitive and have broken filaments. The front set can be replaced with a generic 1157 bulb, the rears with an 1156, unless Suzuki in another flash of infinite stupidity switched to the modern versions with a plastic base...

I think they are after market 1156&57 do not fit bought all new OEM bulbs and none fit.  Angry I just bothers me and looks like crud. But I will try to fidn the bulbs and hopefully that will be the end of it.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 14:15:50

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Light Problems?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.