Serious Thumper

haulin' the
groceries!

Mustang Island, Texas
Re: Short Windscreen...
Reply #15 - 04/15/13 at 10:28:58

Blinky-FSO wrote on 04/13/13 at 08:30:51:
QT,
Cutting down a windscreen is not difficult. I recently cut 3" off a 21" Memphis Fats on a C50 and followed these directions. The only variation I did was to clamp wood blocks across the cut line after I got about 75% through with the cut to control the vibration.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dV0KZsxyz90

The National Flyscreens look very cool but I tried one on my S40 and there was just too much wind on my shoulders and helmet buffeting for my taste at highway speeds.

Good hunting

That's the way I used to cut Lexan windshields for our racecars. Only we used duct tape on the jigsaw foot.

I've cut down 6 w/s in the last 3 years , 3 were still on the bikes, using a Harbor Freight multi-tool. Far easier to control the cut & one of the safest saws you can use. I can make a much cleaner cut to start with so finishing the edge is easier.
I've made 3 sets of lowers (1-C50, 2-950Ts) from pieces salvaged from other old w/ss. I don't even think about a jigsaw for this job any more! Cool

Wind me up & watch me run, I ain't never had too much fun!
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Short Windscreen...
Reply #16 - 04/15/13 at 10:34:50

YOu know youre spose to link up a pic & price on that HF Multi Tool now, right? I mean, EVERY body knows what a jigsaw is & how to use them,, but those Multi tools? I know I dont know Hoot about them,, What blade did you use? I didnt know those things made an easy radius even..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 10:23:04

General CategoryThe Cafe › Short Windscreen...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.