Bike stalling out (Read 244 times)
engineer
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Bike stalling out
Reply #15 - 04/13/13 at 06:20:05

A vacuum leak could do it.

2005 S40, Intruder shocks, Dyna, 52.5/150, 3 washers, 2 turns, modified seat, Raptor
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #16 - 04/13/13 at 08:43:46

So, you still don't have a golf tee in the hose blocking the tube off and a rubber plug over the inlet in the carburetor.

You like to get distracted some, don't you?

You could be riding that bike right now if you would just do the test method the way it is specified, in the vast majority of cases it cures you 100% -- certainly long enough for you to get your parts on order.

You can replace your vac line completely, and that might help (for a while) as a vac leak to a vac sucker petcock certainly makes it work worse.

In any case, you know now which component is causing your bike to run like crap -- it is indeed the stock vac petcock.   A long time ago we were all amazed when we each figured out that one little bitty bit of cheap pot metal could cause an entire bike to leave us stranded by the roadside occasionally and make it run like crap the rest of the time.

Then we started counting incidents and within 3 years we understood that the vac petcock caused MOST ALL of the poor running incidents, the "I must need to rejet" on a stock bike incidents, and that yanking the vac sucker petcock was REQUIRED for those who had gone after performance mods that changed the vac suction level (all air filter mods).

But you can repeat all of that one item at a time, if you really want to ....

Wink

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Ed
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Chicago
Reply #17 - 04/13/13 at 16:18:04

Ok, I just ordered the Raptor (along with a bunch of other bits and pieces I needed). So I'll slap that one when I get it, and we'll see how it runs. Thank you all for your help!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 00:19:32

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Bike stalling out

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.