Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
It's The Little Things That Make Riding Enjoyable (Read 312 times)
apache snow-FSO
Serious Thumper

Re: It's The Little Things That Make Riding Enjoya
Reply #15 - 04/11/13 at 09:30:22

2012 Honda Shadow Spirit

IP Logged
SALB
Serious Thumper

FSO

Whittier, AK
Reply #16 - 04/11/13 at 10:21:36

I love riding through the country side when the farmers are cutting hay, or through a neighborhood when grass is being mown.  I also love riding along the river on a hot day as the cool air comes off the water.  My favorite, though, is carving through mountain roads in the early morning when the pine trees are most fragrant!

IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #17 - 04/11/13 at 10:33:31

I enjoy a nice countryside ride. No traffic, just the nice
fresh air.
Sunshine bright, warm and no big hurry to be anywhere.
No timeclock to be punched.
Just me and my Genie and our shadows... Smiley kim

IP Logged
87 savage

Gone riding!

Maine
Reply #18 - 04/11/13 at 15:57:55

Serowbot wrote on 04/10/13 at 09:53:56:
The other thing,... is heat pockets... you never notice them in a car,... or even on foot... but, on a bike, you feel these sudden pockets of temperature change...
Motorcycling is a unique experience....

I wish! Up here in Maine it's cold pockets. Riding along enjoying the sun, then hit a shaded patch of woods...Brrrrr. On the bright side it is usually not too uncomfortable with a riding jacket on.

His: 1987 LS650F stock except for 98 engine, Dyna muffler. Hers: 2008 S40 with factory bags, windshield and sissybar.
  IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #19 - 04/11/13 at 17:22:21

87 savage wrote on 04/11/13 at 15:57:55:
The other thing,... is heat pockets... you never notice them in a car,... or even on foot... but, on a bike, you feel these sudden pockets of temperature change...

I wish! Up here in Maine it's cold pockets. Riding along enjoying the sun, then hit a shaded patch of woods...Brrrrr. On the bright side it is usually not too uncomfortable with a riding jacket on.

Wow, Maine, do they make studded motorcycle tires?? Grin

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
houstonbofh

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, TX
Reply #20 - 04/11/13 at 18:05:54

There is a road down here that winds between a commercial nursery.  On hot days, when they are watering, the temperature will drop a few degrees, and it will smell like fresh rain.

IP Logged
87 savage

Gone riding!

Maine
Reply #21 - 04/12/13 at 16:31:56

Dane Allen wrote on 04/11/13 at 17:22:21:

I would need them today! Snow to sleet to rain back to snow Sad

His: 1987 LS650F stock except for 98 engine, Dyna muffler. Hers: 2008 S40 with factory bags, windshield and sissybar.
  IP Logged
Ross Man
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Central Michigan
Reply #22 - 04/12/13 at 18:32:50

When I'm in my van and I have to fart, I lean to one side.  On my bike, I stand up to fart so I don't tip over.   Sometimes my woman is a passenger and she knows what is about to happen when I stand up.   Grin  Being out in the air, you only smell it for a second or two.  This is one of the little things that makes riding enjoyable!   Smiley

I ride 2006 S83, 1994 1400 Intruder, 1996 Goldwing Aspencade. My woman rides a 2006 S40.
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #23 - 04/12/13 at 18:51:54

Watching one of the other riders in the group take a coastal dragonfly between the eyes... and then you get hit the same way with a June Bug...  Roll Eyes

Playing dodge 'em with emus and ostriches that went over the fence and are hiding in the ditch... actually pretty fun. Used to be a bunch of bird farms around here.

The smells of the neighbors' stills, pot fields or meth labs...  More a western WA thing than it is down here...  Undecided

New Orleans after a spring storm, in the Garden District... jasmine, hibiscus, lilies, banana plants... and a seafood boil.  Cool

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #24 - 04/12/13 at 19:19:36

Good post Dane! I think the gang has hit all the high(and low)points. My commute is 40 miles one way through the Bluegrass region of Kentucky so I relate to the horses,hayfields,freshly plowed ground,skunks,manure wagons and the other "country" smells,but I also go past a major landfill.......can you say rotting garbage? My trip also takes me past two truck stops,so I get full benefit of the diesel fumes on cool mornings.

The main point is that those of us out there on two wheels are truly in touch with our surroundings! We see,smell and feel the world around us,unlike the poor folks trapped in their rolling parlors, equipped with climate control,six way powered and heated seats,quadrophonic surround-sound stereo and everything else they throw on cages today. No wonder the kids are so messed up!

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #25 - 04/12/13 at 20:29:15

87 savage wrote on 04/12/13 at 16:31:56:
Dane Allen wrote on 04/11/13 at 17:22:21:

I would need them today! Snow to sleet to rain back to snow Sad

Wow, so when do you ride? A couple months a year?

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #26 - 04/12/13 at 22:35:08

ZAR wrote on 04/12/13 at 19:19:36:
Good post Dane! I think the gang has hit all the high(and low)points. My commute is 40 miles one way through the Bluegrass region of Kentucky so I relate to the horses,hayfields,freshly plowed ground,skunks,manure wagons and the other "country" smells,but I also go past a major landfill.......can you say rotting garbage? My trip also takes me past two truck stops,so I get full benefit of the diesel fumes on cool mornings.

The main point is that those of us out there on two wheels are truly in touch with our surroundings! We see,smell and feel the world around us,unlike the poor folks trapped in their rolling parlors, equipped with climate control,six way powered and heated seats,quadrophonic surround-sound stereo and everything else they throw on cages today. No wonder the kids are so messed up!

Hey, thanks!!! Something I notice myself doing is everytime I smell something burning like brakes, tires, electrical, etc I am always checking the bike thinking it is me.  Grin Grin

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 14:35:59

General CategoryThe Cafe › It's The Little Things That Make Riding Enjoyable

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.