Send Topic Print
Guns don't kill (Read 73 times)
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Guns don't kill
04/09/13 at 13:13:49

Guns don't kill,4 year old kills his mother,another 4 year old shoots 6 year old. We sure need more guns out there.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Re: Guns don't kill
Reply #1 - 04/09/13 at 13:42:02

I hate to hear stories like that.  But it's not the child's fault, it's the fault of which ever parent that left the gun in a place the kid could get it.  Personally I would be in favor of a firearms safety class being a requirement when purchasing a firearm.  Much like now in most states you have to take a motorcycle safety class before you can get a m/c license.  I also think if it's the first firearms purchase a safe should have to be purchased at the same time, if you cannot prove you have an adequate one to store the type of firearm you are intending to purchase.

I am pro-gun, but I think some things need to change for sure.

R.F.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #2 - 04/09/13 at 16:42:43

As has been discussed many times before, the Constitution protects liberty and not public safety. Nothing can defend against stupidity and the kind of parent that leaves a gun around for a child to play with will leave a child to drown in a tub, leave a baby in a hot car, forget to pick up small choking hazards and/or let a child out unsupervised to get hit by a car. No law prevents bad parenting, sadly.

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
45acp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

on a shooting range in OK.
Reply #3 - 04/09/13 at 17:39:50

how are you supposed to shoot an intruder when your guns are locked in a safe? now dont get me wrong. i dont leave my guns un attended around childen, but both my kids are being trained to live around guns safely. i grew up with guns all over the place and never got hurt by one, because i was trained. even my 14 month old daughter knows not to touch my pistol when it is beside me on the arm rest of the couch. she just looks at it and says UH OH, and goes back to playing. my 6 year old has been shooting guns since she was 3 and understands what happends when you pull the trigger. blaming the guns thats just stupid. put the blame where it belongs on crappy dads that are too busy to train their children in the correct way to live.

shoot fast. reload faster.
  IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #4 - 04/09/13 at 17:52:36

45acp wrote on 04/09/13 at 17:39:50:
how are you supposed to shoot an intruder when your guns are locked in a safe? now dont get me wrong. i dont leave my guns un attended around childen, but both my kids are being trained to live around guns safely. i grew up with guns all over the place and never got hurt by one, because i was trained. even my 14 month old daughter knows not to touch my pistol when it is beside me on the arm rest of the couch. she just looks at it and says UH OH, and goes back to playing. my 6 year old has been shooting guns since she was 3 and understands what happends when you pull the trigger. blaming the guns thats just stupid. put the blame where it belongs on crappy dads that are too busy to train their children in the correct way to live.

I wasn't blaming the guns.  Yes I agree you can't defend yourself if it's locked in a safe, and yes the kids need the parent/s to teach them how to live around guns properly.  But if the kids are left alone for any amount of time, I think the guns should be locked up out of their reach, in something they can't even begin to get them out of like a safe.  That is what I was meaning by what I said.  My kids as well are trained to live around them and respect them for what they are.  They also know they are never allowed to touch them without my permission.

R.F.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #5 - 04/09/13 at 20:18:36

Guns don't kill people,... people don't kill people... even bullets don't kill people...

Stupid Kills...

Gunowners don't need background checks...
They need IQ tests...

Grin Grin Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #6 - 04/09/13 at 20:30:05

Serowbot wrote on 04/09/13 at 20:18:36:
Guns don't kill people,... people don't kill people... even bullets don't kill people...

Stupid Kills...

Gunowners don't need background checks...
They need IQ tests...

Grin Grin Grin...

LOL  I like that idea but that still won't weed out the crazies.  Only the idiots.

R.F.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #7 - 04/09/13 at 23:38:34

I'll bet it would weed out more crazies than a background check...
Have you seen these guys?... Grin...

Just a short little test to show,..."I know a hawk form a handsaw"...
Huh...

« Last Edit: 04/10/13 at 00:43:50 by Serowbot »  

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #8 - 04/10/13 at 11:29:39

Whatsa Serowbot wrote on 04/09/13 at 23:38:34:
hawk form a handsaw"...
Huh...

WWW   IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #9 - 04/10/13 at 18:42:52

45acp wrote on 04/09/13 at 17:39:50:
put the blame where it belongs on crappy dads that are too busy to train their children in the correct way to live.

This describes most of the guys I know that owns guns except 2. One is in his 60's and his kids are like 35 and 38. The other does have babies @ home but is a more responsible gun owner. In fact both these guys own rifles predominantly, and the first guy was who sold me mine almost 20 years ago.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 12:51:41

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Guns don't kill

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.