Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Newb intro, and seeking advices for first ride! (Read 100 times)
JPSBOBBER
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Quebec, Canada
Newb intro, and seeking advices for first ride!
04/08/13 at 12:33:18

So here we go,

Hi, let me introduce myself,

My name's Jean-Philippe, JP is good as well, I'm 23, from Quebec, Canada, been riding VW's for a while, been into homemade modifications and repairs, DIY kind of guy.

My dad recently made me realize having a motorcycle was more easy than i tought, so i gave it a try, took my motorcycle courses, passed my theoric test, and i'm waiting for driving school to call back so i can start my practical courses to get my temporary driver's license.

Last week I met a friend on the street who told me of a friend selling a 1999 650 savage, 31000kms, for a whopping 700$, so I'm going to see that sweet first ride on wednesday.

Tough the price of 700$ is ridiculous, and the bike seems pretty clean on photos, I wanted to know what points were important to check to make sure i have a good time riding this bike.

Also, I have a budget of approx. 800$ to put on the bike, so I wanted to know what goodies I should buy to modifiy my savage ! As I'm 6''1, 205pds ,10'ape hangers (if I don't need to extend any cables) and Routy's 6' forward controls will be the first two things, a trailer fender, a new spring seat (wich I have a hard time to find) and maybe a new exhaust with a roll of black heat wrap might be on the list as well.

So wtih you guys knowing the fact that I'm the bobber kind of biker, I'll be waiting for your advices, and will carefuly listen to them !!

Thank you very much, and very pleased to be a new member of this forum !!

Jean-Philippe

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Newb intro, and seeking advices for first ride
Reply #1 - 04/08/13 at 12:43:49

Only do 1 mod at a time till you get comfortable with what the mod will do.

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1295653542

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1344399573

WWW   IP Logged
paulmarshall
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Carterton,New Zealand
Reply #2 - 04/08/13 at 12:48:29

Hello and welcome, Routy's 6" controls would be perfect for your height. Wink Higher handle bars will too help you.
I went as far as taking half the foam out of my seat too, So I could drop a inch or 2. Before I did these mods I looked too big for my bike, but now its perfect.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #3 - 04/08/13 at 15:08:24

Psst... I have a pair of Routy forwards,.. brand new, still in the box,.. for $30.00 off new price...
.. but,.. I may have to increase shipping charges to Canada...if you are interested...

I think my ad is down to the second or third page in the Marketplace...
Anyway,... It'd be $130 US plus shipping...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
JPSBOBBER
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Quebec, Canada
Reply #4 - 04/08/13 at 15:57:11

Serowbot wrote on 04/08/13 at 15:08:24:
Psst... I have a pair of Routy forwards,.. brand new, still in the box,.. for $30.00 off new price...
.. but,.. I may have to increase shipping charges to Canada...if you are interested...

I think my ad is down to the second or third page in the Marketplace...
Anyway,... It'd be $130 US plus shipping...

I was planning on getting your kit actually lol, I came across Routy's thread about his forward controls and he said he didn't have any left in stock, so i'll give you some news on friday when the bike will officially be in my driveway !!

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #5 - 04/08/13 at 16:09:11

You bet... Wink...

I've sent you a PM, with my e-mail address in it... just in case you don't have enough posts to PM me...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/20/24 at 01:32:36

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Newb intro, and seeking advices for first ride!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.